How often does everyone get weighed?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, and log it in a spreadsheet. I choose daily rather than weekly precisely because of fluctuations.

This.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Every day and log on a weight tracker to watch the trend.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Weekly but thinking about going back to monthly.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and I log it here on MFP.

By weighing every day, I see trends and patterns. So if I gain a little bit one day ... chances are I expected to do exactly that because it fits within my trends and patterns, and so I don't worry about it.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing once a week on Monday morning, but I'm thinking I'd like to do it once a day for a couple of weeks just to see the daily fluctuations. I have an appointment with my doctor for the end of August (the doctor who told me to lose weight because of my a1c result) so I've also been toying with the idea of not weighing in at all in August, so I can be surprised when I go to that appointment. Not sure I'll be able to do that though. lol
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Daily!
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Every day and track in an app. It's crazy to see fluctuations of up to 4 lbs. from one day to the next. It's made me less freaked out when I see them now.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I weigh every few days, but I only log it once every week, two weeks, er..when I feel it's accurate now. I'm not as obsessed with it as I used to be. It gets extremely frustrating. One day I'm at my lowest weight and the next day I have a beautiful little 7 lb food baby. Haha. Stepping away from it even more and relying on measurements because I'm working with a trainer and know I'll be gaining muscle and losing inches. Do both because the scale will drive you mad :)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily for curiousity's sake, and to see the previous night's damage.
    I record my weight once a week (every Monday).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    every day

I love the fluctuations and working out why
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    I weigh daily but only log weekly on Sunday morning (occasionally I'll add in another day). I like seeing the fluctuations. As my weight has consistently gone down, so have my fluctuations. My "higher" weight has trended down with my lower weight. It's cool to watch

This is mostly me as well (except I log my weekly weight on Thursdays). I have an app on my phone where I do log the daily weight so it's not interfering with my weekly weigh-ins on here. In the past, I've found that I am much more confident and consistent in my loss when I weigh daily - the fluctuations don't bother me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It helps me see patterns and helps me avoid "number creep".
  • tracyledyard
    tracyledyard Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    linzi02 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday and log it on a weight tracking app so that when there are fluctuations I can still see if there is a downward trend, makes me worry less about the ups and downs. I log my weight every weekend on MFP as well.

I do the same. I take the average of the 7 days and log it on MFP every Sunday.

• FenderGuy
    FenderGuy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just once a week - Sunday mornings. I don't want to be bothered by the daily fluctuations which are normal, but will make you crazy.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I track my fluctuations. I log my weight on here usually once a week.
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself. But I get weighed once every two years as part of a general health check (a legal requirement for working people in this country).
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I like to see my fluctuations due to my various types of workout but I only weigh myself once a week.
  • Burchsgirl
    Burchsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday on the scale at the gym. It calculates everything from weight to Body Mass and Fat Percentage. I then log it on MFP on the same day.
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Every morning but I don't agonize over the .1 or .2 fluctuations. If I have gone more than 300 calories over my goal I wait 2 or 3 days back on track to weigh myself.