How often does everyone get weighed?

Options

Replies

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    wochlikgm wrote: »
    My fluctuations show a slight increase on work-days, and it drops again over the weekend.
    lol I get lighter throughout the week until weekends where I visit the Hostess/Little Debbie warehouse aka parents' house.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Daily, right after my morning shower.

If I have notable daily fluctuations, it's easy to directly track it to what I ate the day before. My usual daily range isn't more than a half pound, provided a typical intake. Anything outside of that means too much food, too little food, or food that encourages higher fluid retention.
  • ceeceeculver
    ceeceeculver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Daily.

And check out this links to back it up:
    http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/op/weigh-in
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. My weight tends to not fluctuate day to day. It stays the same all week long and then suddenly goes down one day. It's weird. I weigh first thing in the morning though because it'll go up during the course of the day. And if I eat WAY too much salt it goes up by a pound or two, but that doesn't happen very often.
  • Dlane72
    Dlane72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning even though I know weight can fluctuate. Emotionally, I wouldn't recommend it because if I gain it can really discourage me to the point of wanting to give up. Have to try and keep it all in perspective.
  • Luvzy
    Luvzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Every morning here!

I reached my goal weight Dec 2014 and I attribute a huge part of my success maintaining below that by a few pounds to weighing daily. In the past, when I've lost the weight, I've gained it back b/c I didn't pay attention when the scale started to creep back up. It's so much easier to address a 3 pound gain than a 30 pound one. BTDT.

I agree with the others who've said that they don't freak out about variations. I range anywhere from 131 - 134. Overeating, time of the month, eating salty foods, and intense workouts all impact this number.
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Friday mornings as soon as I get up. The daily fluctuations would drive me crazy. Maybe after I hit my goal I'll go to twice a week. And yes I get anxious about it. By Wednesday night Thursday morning I can't wait for Friday and sometimes I cheat by using a scale at work because if I use my home scale it will automatically update in MFP.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and track it with some other stats in an excel spreadsheet. I enter every loss in my Fitbit as it occurs. I enter my lowest weight of the week into MFP on Wednesdays. I enter my inches measurements into MFP at least once a month with my weight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mewickla wrote: »
    What app do you guys like/use to track your daily weigh ins?

MFP

A good part of the reason why I'm here is because MFP offers a collection of tools to use to track the food I eat, the exercise I do, what I weigh, and several other things all in one location.

• mjtranter65
    mjtranter65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Each morning, so I know how to adjust my food, water, exercise, etc.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Weekly-Friday mornings, after the majority of my exercise for the week.

I would find daily weigh in too time consuming and for me basically pointless. Yay I gained .1kg, I lost .3kg etc

Same for monthly it seems too long and you could be doing something wrong for too long before you see it in the scales.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself because I do not want to be obsessive about it. I look in the mirror for differences, see how clothes fit, and feel the structure of my body change. If I notice a great difference, I would probably weigh myself then.
  • igottalose50
    igottalose50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    every friday!!!!!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Every day - and record in MFP once a week. It helps to see the fluctuations. The day before I show a loss, the scale bounces up by a pound or 2 (?water) the next day I see a significant loss. I don't consider it a "real loss", until the scale is consistent for several days. I also use my clothes as a guide. I'm still not into my goal jeans or dress- B)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

WeightGrapher and there's also Hacker's Diet.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »

WeightGrapher and there's also Hacker's Diet.

Isn't mfp tracking enough?
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning after going to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. I usually only record the losses in MFP.