Calorie calculator

Options

Replies

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

If you want specific advice, ask for it. None of us are mind readers.

Will you please talk to my wife.....pretty please?!?!?!
  • jmule24
    Options
    Well thanks for the sarcasm really helpful not!!

I know this is an app that measures calories but when I can't find the food listed or at the right weight I struggle with what to record.

Are you using the mobile version as well? If so, I always default to the barcode scanner when looking for a new food to enter.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

This is too vague. What would you like her to say to her? :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You all are serious mean.

BTW, can anybody recommend a website?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Just a website? MFP might censor my recommendation if you're asking for just websites in general.
  • jmule24
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

This is too vague. What would you like her to say to her? :)

104884-Jim%20carrey%20hahah%20ye....fu...gif
  • jemhh
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Just a website? MFP might censor my recommendation if you're asking for just websites in general.

Any website at all. Is Google good?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

I know this is an app that measures calories but when I can't find the food listed or at the right weight I struggle with what to record.
    Up until today I also hadn't realised you could create a whole recipe ( this would have been helpful advice)

Maybe you should all think back to the support you needed in The beginning and not be so quick to make unhelpful comments.

People were only unhelpful because you were so vague in the first post.

To be helpful, glad to see you found the recipe builder, it is great.

If you can't find a food listed at the right weight you have to do the math and figure it out based on what's available.

Good luck on your healthy journey!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Up until today I also hadn't realised you could create a whole recipe ( this would have been helpful advice)

Your opening post was a very vague question about calorie counter recommendations. And being that this site has a calorie counting section, it stands to reason people would be amused and/or befuddled about your question. How are we possibly supposed to know what your REAL questions are if you don't actually ask them?
  • jemhh
    Options
    OP, in all seriousness, if you can't find a food in the MFP database, you can go to Google and type in the food and the word calories. Your top search result will be the USDA entry for that food. Like this:

Untitled_zpslxsrzhkq.png
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Maybe you should all think back to the support you needed in The beginning and not be so quick to make unhelpful comments.

You asked one, vague question and the public is supposed to know that you meant all that^^^?

Lulz.

Mind Reading Powers Activate!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    OP, in all seriousness, if you can't find a food in the MFP database, you can go to Google and type in the food and the word calories. Your top search result will be the USDA entry for that food. Like this:

Whoa there fella! What is this "Google' of which you speak? Seems really handy - I'm gonna bookmark that in case I need it someday.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Whoa there fella! What is this "Google' of which you speak? Seems really handy - I'm gonna bookmark that in case I need it someday.
    Don't! I hear it has ads, including ones for food. You'll end up tempted.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    parys1 wrote: »

Just as a helpful FYI, laughter burns calories. 10-15 minutes of laughing burns between 10-40 calories.
    More importantly, laughter alkalizes the body. *prays to Dr Oz*

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Don't! I hear it has ads, including ones for food. You'll end up tempted.

Listen all y'all...I saw a Google doodle that looked like food :(
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Jod1eC wrote: »

Wow. Sorry we misread your mind.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Jod1eC wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't think it was vague. My question was does anyone have any recommendations for a calorie counter that they use?
    For example an app or website!

not sure if serious…

but you know MFP, like, kind of, sort of, ALREADY DOES THAT!!!!