Calorie calculator

Options
1235»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    You guys are all rude. She probably means a site where you can figure out what your calorie intake should be for your goal and what you weigh. For example I cant use this app bc my weight is much higher than the weight I put in 2 years ago as my starting weight so it will give me wrong amounts. Plus i cant figure out how to make it give me an amount bc i already changed it. The only time it ever suggested a calorie amount was when I first signed up. Maybe tell her how to use this app as a calorie counter app. Dont be so rude.

The only rude person was the OP, who was very vague in what she told us!!!!

Just to add you can change your starting weight.

Can you change the starting weight any other way than deleting all your history? I havent found out how yet. I like to have that there because my weight changes constantly so I like to see where its been over the years. Its my only track record of it. So yeah my starting weight is always what is was 2 years ago. And i dont like what the calories this site gives me always I like to compare with other websites. If its a vague question either ask her what she meant or dont answer. Jesus this is a site where people try to lose weight and need support and help and yet I see a bunch of *kitten* who are already thin or something and just pick on people and think they are all that. Get a life instead of being so rude and above it all.

07jflr6901sj.jpeg
    Guess what sunshine. It takes work to "get thin" and the people who are, put in their time!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love how white knights who go off at people for being rude are always the first to start calling people names.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You guys are all rude. She probably means a site where you can figure out what your calorie intake should be for your goal and what you weigh. For example I cant use this app bc my weight is much higher than the weight I put in 2 years ago as my starting weight so it will give me wrong amounts. Plus i cant figure out how to make it give me an amount bc i already changed it. The only time it ever suggested a calorie amount was when I first signed up. Maybe tell her how to use this app as a calorie counter app. Dont be so rude.

Can you change the starting weight any other way than deleting all your history? I havent found out how yet. I like to have that there because my weight changes constantly so I like to see where its been over the years. Its my only track record of it. So yeah my starting weight is always what is was 2 years ago. And i dont like what the calories this site gives me always I like to compare with other websites. If its a vague question either ask her what she meant or dont answer. Jesus this is a site where people try to lose weight and need support and help and yet I see a bunch of *kitten* who are already thin or something and just pick on people and think they are all that. Get a life instead of being so rude and above it all.

I did offer help. I must have missed where you did, though.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I left links and a screen shot of what to look for to update goal info... clearly that was glossed over.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

So do you want to change your starting weight ir not? First you ask how. Then you say you want to keep all your history. Which is it? You communicate as well as the OP.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I left links and a screen shot of what to look for to update goal info... clearly that was glossed over.

We're just thin a*sholes. Obviously.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

For the record, I'm not quite thin yet. I'm still a fat a**hole.
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I saw like one person leave a screenshot. Everyone else didnt. And yeah thats the whole thing I want to keep my history so I google online calculators to help me choose what I should be eating. I never said you didnt work hard but everyone else here is still starting or working on it. Everyone on this whole damn website thinks they are so perfect. Its annoying. Either help, or dont. No need to be so rude and sarcastic. I just see this stuff everywhere and remember when I was new and actually thought I could ask a question and I soon realized that everyone here is just plain mean.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I saw like one person leave a screenshot. Everyone else didnt. And yeah thats the whole thing I want to keep my history so I google online calculators to help me choose what I should be eating. I never said you didnt work hard but everyone else here is still starting or working on it. Everyone on this whole damn website thinks they are so perfect. Its annoying. Either help, or dont. No need to be so rude and sarcastic. I just see this stuff everywhere and remember when I was new and actually thought I could ask a question and I soon realized that everyone here is just plain mean.

Pot meet kettle.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Can you change the starting weight any other way than deleting all your history? I havent found out how yet. I like to have that there because my weight changes constantly so I like to see where its been over the years. Its my only track record of it. So yeah my starting weight is always what is was 2 years ago.

What difference does this make? The calorie estimate it gives you will be based on your current weight, not your starting weight. (I wish we got to keep our maintenance calories from our starting weights, but that wouldn't work well, which is why it also prompts you to reduce calories as you go on.)

Nothing wrong with using another calculator to figure out a calorie target -- I do TDEE method myself -- although if you have a record of logging consistently it's more accurate to use your real numbers.

But anyway that's NOT what OP was asking for, as she's already explained. She doesn't know how to find the good entries in MFP, it seems, and that being the case the threads that were linked above should be extremely valuable for her if she reads them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Pot meet kettle.

QFT
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I think I lost the narrative.
    Am I still fat enough to give advice?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I think I lost the narrative.
    Am I still fat enough to give advice?

I'm guessing I'm definitely not. Probably didn't have enough to lose in the first place either.