Calorie calculator

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Jod1eC wrote: »
    Well thanks for the sarcasm really helpful not!!

I know this is an app that measures calories but when I can't find the food listed or at the right weight I struggle with what to record.
    Up until today I also hadn't realised you could create a whole recipe ( this would have been helpful advice)

Maybe you should all think back to the support you needed in The beginning and not be so quick to make unhelpful comments.

when I joined this site, I realized it was a calorie counter with a database….

I did not need support for that...
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I know this is an app that measures calories but when I can't find the food listed or at the right weight I struggle with what to record.
    Up until today I also hadn't realised you could create a whole recipe ( this would have been helpful advice)

Maybe you should all think back to the support you needed in The beginning and not be so quick to make unhelpful comments.

[sarcasm]Not everybody can be as smart as you[/sarcasm]
  • ndj1979
    Options

awww you mad bro???

or did you not realize that MFP had a database and calorie counter too???

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

awww you mad bro???

I came here when eHarmony wasn't yielding results.
  • ndj1979
    Options

awww you mad bro???

I came here when eHarmony wasn't yielding results.

at least your honest.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I recommend Texas Instruments and an old fashioned spiral notebook. Can't go wrong.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Sorry my mind reading is down for the day!!

• briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You guys are all rude. She probably means a site where you can figure out what your calorie intake should be for your goal and what you weigh. For example I cant use this app bc my weight is much higher than the weight I put in 2 years ago as my starting weight so it will give me wrong amounts. Plus i cant figure out how to make it give me an amount bc i already changed it. The only time it ever suggested a calorie amount was when I first signed up. Maybe tell her how to use this app as a calorie counter app. Dont be so rude.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You guys are all rude. She probably means a site where you can figure out what your calorie intake should be for your goal and what you weigh. For example I cant use this app bc my weight is much higher than the weight I put in 2 years ago as my starting weight so it will give me wrong amounts. Plus i cant figure out how to make it give me an amount bc i already changed it. The only time it ever suggested a calorie amount was when I first signed up. Maybe tell her how to use this app as a calorie counter app. Dont be so rude.

Why not go into Goals / Current weight and change it to your weight now?

Or look at the help page?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

... but that's not what she asked. The point is, the question was completely nonsensical. And you can delete your starting weight.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    www.sparkpeople.com

3504902-what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

The only rude person was the OP, who was very vague in what she told us!!!!

Just to add you can change your starting weight.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Another person that does not know how to use the site...
  • PrizePopple
    Options

You mean like MFP ... and the area under the "MY HOME" tab that says "GOALS" where you can click on "View Guided Setup".

And it should look something like this...

es81cz7z4zmz.png
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Can you change the starting weight any other way than deleting all your history? I havent found out how yet. I like to have that there because my weight changes constantly so I like to see where its been over the years. Its my only track record of it. So yeah my starting weight is always what is was 2 years ago. And i dont like what the calories this site gives me always I like to compare with other websites. If its a vague question either ask her what she meant or dont answer. Jesus this is a site where people try to lose weight and need support and help and yet I see a bunch of *kitten* who are already thin or something and just pick on people and think they are all that. Get a life instead of being so rude and above it all.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Can you change the starting weight any other way than deleting all your history? I havent found out how yet. I like to have that there because my weight changes constantly so I like to see where its been over the years. Its my only track record of it. So yeah my starting weight is always what is was 2 years ago. And i dont like what the calories this site gives me always I like to compare with other websites. If its a vague question either ask her what she meant or dont answer. Jesus this is a site where people try to lose weight and need support and help and yet I see a bunch of *kitten* who are already thin or something and just pick on people and think they are all that. Get a life instead of being so rude and above it all.

Wow, might want to remove the tree stump from your rear there honey.

All those "a-holes who are already thin" are thin because they already lost the weight and know WTF they speak of. But please, continue to be condescending as hell. I'm sure it will work out fabulously for you.