I want to eat a whole loaf of homemade bread!

13»

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I make 2 loaves of homemade white sandwich bread per week (sometime more) for my family. It's quite easy and cheap and I feel self-righteous for feeding my family homemade bread instead of store bought laden with chemical and preservatives - lol

Just kidding - I have no problem with store bought bread. I just like how much money I save making it myself.

Weirdly, I have no problem controlling myself around bread/bread products/cookies/cakes/etc. - my downfall is chips and sweet/salty snacks.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm a very good bread baker and made my own breads for the family every week for years.

That is until last November when I cut bread generally out of my diet. I'm not an carb just lower-carb and bread was an easy choice to cut as it's just too high a calorie hit for too little nutrition.

I plan on baking a couple loaves one of these days as a treat for the rest of them and for me, but won't soon go back to bread making twice weekly.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Fresh out of the oven homemade bread with peanut butter. Heck yes!

Yum! Or with butter and honey. Or with butter, peanut butter and honey! One reason I don't make bread!