Going to Disneyland. How to resist binging?

Options
13»

Replies

• IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm gonna celebrate! :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If you really don't want to eat a lot of Disney food (and I'm so with you there!), eat before you leave and bring a lunch. That means one meal in the parks...or you could leave and grab something else.

I've made a bodrillion trips to Disney without eating their food. A friend of mine and I do it a lot. We are Disney's worst nightmare - discount passes and we don't eat their food or buy their stuff, lol. We just take up room in the parks. :)

Who wants to lug food around the parks and also every time you leave you pay $18 (for parking) unless you have annual passes, which we do and we don't leave the parks. I just learn to eat within my calories, because you know life. ;)

Me, lol. I like to lug food food around. It might not be for everyone. :)

I can't get nutritional info out of Disney. If you do, you're pretty lucky! They won't give it to us.

I don't either, I just estimate and do pretty good at it. ;)

How do you know? I'm not saying you aren't good at it. I'm sure you can estimate very well in general! But how do you know if you're doing it well when there is no label or anything to compare it to? Do you just eat there a lit and not gain weight, so you know you're doing okay?

Usually I go by what I weigh the following day, I usually don't gain weight, I have lost weight several times and have gained weight also, usually because I wanted to indulged. Either way it doesn't bother me. I had fun with my hubby and that's the important thing to me.
    That's wonderful. I hope to get to the point where I'm that good at it. One day! :)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry much about it. I read a blog post or a forum post on here a few months ago that someone wore a fitbit (or something similar) around Disneyland and it said they walked something like 11 miles over the course of the day. So when you figure in that you're burning probably at least 800-1000 calories walking about the park, plus your regular calories... you can splurge a little :)
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have also heard from a couple people I know that they were like "whatever man gonna eat whatever hope i dont get too fat" then they don't gain any weight because you just walk so much.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Disneyland? Just looking at the prices would do a good job of curbing my appetite.

this! Id eat a very filling breakfast before going, something high in protein and then eat a sensible lunch there and maybe go out for dinner after disney land, unless you plan on staying there really late in the evening.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yesterday we went to Disney World, Hollywood Studio. Stayed within my calories and drank a lot of water, no weight gained and walked 6 1/2 miles. ;)