I couldn't believe my breakfast entry!

Options

Replies

• ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Thank you for "fixing" his mistake.

I have no eating disorder, nor is it appropriate for anyone to assume I do based off one post. I think your comment was disgusting and uncalled for. Grow up. I freaked out, yes, but for a few reasons. Some of them, frankly, are none of MFP's business. [Are you telling me that you've never made a mistake? Or gotten upset?

I missed where I stated I wasn't ever going to eat again... or that I hated food... Or that I was going to starve myself... Or that I was giving up. Can someone point that out for me? I don't think you can.

Frankly, if I wanted to deal with this kind of moronic behavior, I would have stayed with my ex.

I make mistakes daily and get upset all the time. I don't tell random strangers on the internet about it and then get angry when I don't like their comments.

Sorry, maybe I should have extended the statement.

Have you never gotten upset with yourself? I was upset with myself for it. I have every right to be.

I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want a response, but I also never imagined that people would want to get onto MFP and be inconsiderate and rude to others. Did I miss the moment where, after logging in, people forget how to be respectful? Got it, I'll start being obnoxious and rude...
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If anyone is in the Atlanta area...you gotta try Seasons 52! Love this restaurant..everything on their menu is 475 calories or less. And you get nice portions, tastes GREAT and is reasonably priced! I only know of 2 locations...Perimeter and Buckhead. I don't know if this restaurant is any where else but if you are ever in the area....check it out. You will not be disappointed!!!
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options
    I would think the lesson would be "Don't eat at sonic"

just sayin..

Yes have sonic.....if you are going to get cancer from eating anyway (scroll up) lol

sonic stinks

Ha. I missed that. Looks like I'm going to need to go back and reread some things... :D
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the moment where, after logging in, people forget how to be respectful? Got it, I'll start being obnoxious and rude...

Actually, you kind of did. It's called the Online Disinhibition Effection - http://www.spring.org.uk/2010/08/six-causes-of-online-disinhibition.php

Or, as Penny Arcade puts it, the GIFT - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options
    Did I miss the moment where, after logging in, people forget how to be respectful? Got it, I'll start being obnoxious and rude...

Actually, you kind of did. It's called the Online Disinhibition Effection - http://www.spring.org.uk/2010/08/six-causes-of-online-disinhibition.php

Or, as Penny Arcade puts it, the GIFT - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

HA. I need to keep that comic for future stupidity...
    Thanks. :)
  • countrygirl7mels
    Options
    I once had a conversation with a restaurant manager (I won't say the place, but it is very popoular), and said there is a certian salad women tend to order a lot because they think it is healthy. He said it is one of the highest calorie items on his menu because of the dressing and the toppings, but because it is a salad people think it is so healthy. This restaurant also has a lower calorie section on the menu, and that is what I usually order from when I go there.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I once had a conversation with a restaurant manager (I won't say the place, but it is very popoular), and said there is a certian salad women tend to order a lot because they think it is healthy. He said it is one of the highest calorie items on his menu because of the dressing and the toppings, but because it is a salad people think it is so healthy. This restaurant also has a lower calorie section on the menu, and that is what I usually order from when I go there.

That sounds like Bob Evans. The Wildfire Chicken Ranch salad or whatever it is sounds healthy, but the dressing alone is some absurd amount of calories (the rest of the salad isn't terrible, but the dressing nails you to the wall).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

HA. I need to keep that comic for future stupidity...
    Thanks. :)

Any time people think they get a little anonymity, they'll turn into major ragers.

That's why I use my name, keeps me polite.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    In the rush to sarcasm you seemed to have missed the word "indicative" and rushed instead to claim that a "full diagnosis" was made. I'm really enjoying the forums today.

Enjoy them.

I guess that's two people that failed to realize that not enough information was provided to even claim "indicative."

tsk. tsk.

Or as I used to hear up in Maine. "Ya can't get there from here."
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Muffins.

Muffins have got me more than once -- the worst was a Pumpkin Bran Muffin at Paradise Bakery that was over 700 calories.

I try to never eat muffins. I could eat 2 or 3 cookies for the same calories.

Agreed. Costco Muffins. They're fairly large, but are 650+ calories each! One time I ate 1/2 a Poppyseed muffin at a morning meeting and realized when it was too late. "Well, there go ALL my breakfast calories."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Thank you for "fixing" his mistake.

I have no eating disorder, nor is it appropriate for anyone to assume I do based off one post. I think your comment was disgusting and uncalled for. Grow up. I freaked out, yes, but for a few reasons. Some of them, frankly, are none of MFP's business. Are you telling me that you've never made a mistake? Or gotten upset?

I missed where I stated I wasn't ever going to eat again... or that I hated food... Or that I was going to starve myself... Or that I was giving up. Can someone point that out for me? I don't think you can.

Frankly, if I wanted to deal with this kind of moronic behavior, I would have stayed with my ex.

Whew! Your EX sure got a huge pass on life there. Lucky guy!

I didn't realize you had the time to post on MFP while at work. Isn't there a fry station somewhere wondering why the timer is still going off? Go away.

This reminds me...

...Sonic has really good fries...

...but I prefer their tater tots...

...probably because not many places offer them.

PS: Sorry you received so many replies to your public forum posts that you didn't like. Seriously, what's with all of these people offering their opinions that differ from yours???
  • kdchase
    kdchase Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try eating a Buffalito at Buffalo Wings. Two of them equals 908 calories! I about died and instantly lost my appetite. Also, a coffee cake at Starbucks being over 500 calories? SHEESH. I've just decided that I'm not going to eat out if I can help it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Try eating a Buffalito at Buffalo Wings. Two of them equals 908 calories! I about died and instantly lost my appetite. Also, a coffee cake at Starbucks being over 500 calories? SHEESH. I've just decided that I'm not going to eat out if I can help it!

Me too!

Except when I have 908 calories in a meal and lose my appetite...

...it's because I'm full.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome, an extra 200 calories is not going to kill you and you can easily work it off, Knowing that burrito is 580 calories is just priceless! you will never have the same thing again.
  • davideickelmann
    davideickelmann Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've come to the realization that anything eaten at a restaurant (and I use the term loosely) in the US is going to be over 1000 calories, and overloaded with carbs. A Chipotle Burrito with rice/beans/guac/cheese/sourcream/corn salsa has 1200 calories and over 100 carbs for something like 60 gr of protein and 45+ gr of fat. The fat and protein would be awesome if it wasn't for the pile of carbs that come with it, but if you don't get the rice/tortilla it'll taste like *kitten*...
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Sonic is dangerous lol
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I had to make breakfast burritos last night after reading this thread.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Except when I have 908 calories in a meal and lose my appetite...

...it's because I'm full.
    Lol!!!
    but if you don't get the rice/tortilla it'll taste like *kitten*
    Wrong! Those burrito bowls are awesome (and happily have fewer calories!).

But yes, most restaurant food is high.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Panera Bread with my friend for lunch probably every other week and order a sierra turkey sandwich with no mayo thinking it was healthy. Found out later that a whole sandwich was 1200 calories. No joke. All in the bread I guess. That SUCKED
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen although I didn't cry... lol. I remember realizing how many calories my beloved strawberry frosted poptarts had and thinking "I could be eating bacon instead!" :p I do have a harder time with breakfast when I am trying to watch carbs. I will make oatmeal or even just yogurt but once I add in things like fruit or granola I'm way up there. Even though all the things alone are "healthy" altogether they don't work well for me.