I couldn't believe my breakfast entry!

Options

Replies

• tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I ate at Zaxby's and their grilled chicken sandwich was nearly 700 calories. My husband got a banana pudding milkshake and that was 800 calories. We are never eating at Zaxby's again.

It is weird because the same grilled chicken sandwich at Chick fil A is 310 calories, which is where we go instead.
    The bread. They usually put butter on the insides, and if it's texas toast, it's just saturated in butter. Also sad as I like their food, but definitely not the calories.

The sandwich from Zaxby's was not even that good. That is a good thing, I won't be tempted to eat there. I like how I can put my own sauce on the Chick fil a sandwich. The one from Zaxby's was so messy and swimming in sauce. Gross.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

"Let the big flavor of the SuperSONIC® Breakfast Burrito get you out of bed. A medley of savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheddar cheese, golden tots, diced onions, ripe tomatoes and spicy jalapeños all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla"

I need to hurry up and eat before my stomach drives me to sonic...that description made my mouth water...
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    The biggest eye opener for me was Boneless Buffalo Wings. I had no idea they were so full of calories.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Who'd a thunk, cheese, eggs and fried potatoes would be kinda calorie dense

"Let the big flavor of the SuperSONIC® Breakfast Burrito get you out of bed. A medley of savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheddar cheese, golden tots, diced onions, ripe tomatoes and spicy jalapeños all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla"

I'm sorry, but you just sold me on wanting to get that burrito now. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the sonic closest to me closed months and months ago. :tongue:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I went to Chili's one night and ate my usual quesadilla meal and thought "I am going to eat light and be careful here"... Got home and put in my entry... 1700 calories for the entree... Funny thing is that my wife prepares a similar quesadilla @ home using known preparation and ingredients and it is a fraction of that ... I eat other meals when I go to Chili's now. :-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah just today for dinner. Just now. I thought I'd give myself a little leeway and it turned into a LOT of leeway....one enchilada, margarita, half a chile relleno and 7 ounces of carne asada with tortillas and beans later, I'm stuffed and happy. And too tipsy to care if I went over a little. Really what's the big deal? There's like 6 more days in the week? That's plenty of time to workout more and go a little under cals for a few days if it's that big a deal.

NOTICE THE LETTERS SAY THE FOLLOWING...."IF everyday were like to day...blah blah blah...you'd weigh x number of pounds by y day." That's a big IF. Today was like today. Not tomorrow, tomorrow isn't like today. Not yet. If you get your head on straight it won't be. I pretty much decided since hubby had a horribly rough day to let him order for me which made him really happy and just enjoy time with him. He ordered like a champ and I ate like one. Its ONE day. It was worth it to me. Now lemme out of here, it's killing my buzz. Maybe next time you go over cals have a little margarita like I did, makes you care less. Way less. Wayhayhay less. Seriously. It's ONE DAY! :drinker:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I had two pop tarts and a Snickers bar for breakfast. I'll go running later today and have plenty of room for dinner and evening snacks.
    No regrets.
    haha *big puffyheart for you* \m/

This! Haha

Glad I'm not the only one grabbing a Snickers Almond or Reese's for bfast! :love:
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eating out will get you each time _either in calories or Sodium. If I have to grab something out then I amp up my workout and keep it moving. Can't beat yourself up_ ish happens.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Who'd a thunk, cheese, eggs and fried potatoes would be kinda calorie dense

We don't GO to Sonic that often and that's just where my fiancé wanted to stop. (We live in a tiny town with 4 restaurants... if that helps you imagine anything at all). I just assumed something with veggies would be better to eat instead of the same sized burrito, stuffed only with cheese and meat. Obviously I have learned the error of my ways... No need to be a snot.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options
    a few days ago i thought i would have some instant noodles just because it was quick and easy,
    seriously how many calories can they have,

OVER 1000!!!
    someone will probably say its obviously going to be high because they know better than me, but i was stupidly shocked when i entered them on here,

... and that someone (or group of someone's) needs to be quiet.
    Isn't that what these message boards were created for? HELPING one another? Not criticizing everyone for not being as "intelligent" as they are when it comes to healthy food.

I'm shocked as well. Calories literally floor me at times.

IF I KNEW WHAT WAS HEALTHY, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN 300+ POUNDS. I DON'T NEED SOMEONE BEING OBNOXIOUS, I NEED REINFORCEMENT AND TO OCCASIONALLY BE PROVIDED FEEDBACK IN A POSITIVE MANNOR. Everyone who CAN'T understand that can leave me alone.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options
    Shave 33, just 33, calories a day off the other 6 days in the week and you've made up that 200 calories (well.. 198).

I'd be annoyed if I misjudged 200 calories on a rest day, otherwise I'd just run another mile and a half or do 15 extra minutes or so of cardio before I hit the weights.

I ended up not doing math quizzes with my kids and hit the treadmill for an extra hour. They were excited and I was able to watch Burn Notice. Win-win-win, in my book. :D
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    A few things that surprised me when I found out were bagels, who would've thought and they're not even very filling! I know I shouldn't have been too surprised by donuts but at nearly 300 calories for a single donut, that's nearly all of a breakfast for me! And last but not least, pretty much anything from DQ, I love blizzard treats but wow, even a small is surprising and I always used to get at least a medium, that equals to nearly a day's worth of calories!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    To the OP - wow you have been doing a great job shifting pounds. And great you burned off that frustrating mistake!

Well done.

Quite right you - and any one posting on here - should be getting positive encouragement not 'superior sniping' .

Good luck!
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i think everyone does it occasionally

Here is mine we were going to eat out so i had a 1000 cals saved for it and had my meal all picked out because I knew the restaurant before hand and thought I was set...............Then we get there the place is way to busy, so we go to Applebees instead and did not want anything on their 550 and under menu cuz i had a 1000 saved so i took a stab at something i though was healthy.

from the Applebees website description
    Turkey, Bacon & Avocado
    The flavor is stacked in your favor with thick-sliced turkey breast piled on ciabatta bread and topped with the good stuff. Like ripe, creamy sliced avocado, Jack cheese, red ripe tomatoes, fresh lettuce, crispy bacon and green goddess dressing.

I cut the cheese, the garden sauce, and changed the side to a cup of Tomato Basil soup and thorough i would chime in about 800ish cals for both

The first thing that threw me off and made me think i might be in trouble is the sheer amount of butter on the bun, so i enjoyed my meal then started going to the website and logged and found out it was over 1000 for both. :sick: So yah it was 8 mins of jumping jacks to get me back in the green but it tasted good live,learn,log,keep calm, and move on :smile:
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Restaurants? If you want to eat crap, feel like crap and look like crap, then go.
    Make real food at home if you value your health!

Fortunately, restaurants have started using actual food ingredients in their food prep instead of crap. Apparently, focus groups found it far more preferable compared to eating crap. Who knew?

Well, yes. There are some responsible culinary individuals out there who make it their mission to source out local, organic, sustainable, seasonal products, and create some amazing menus. Heaven on a plate...and of course, incredibly healthy.
    But if we are talking 'run of the mill' places (like those discussed in this thread)...run for the hills! Or perhaps run to one of the
    places that actually care what they prepare for their clients!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I agree, people sometimes make way to big of a deal over something like this, and it is a little unhealthy to have such a bad reaction to overeating by only 200 calories. Sometimes you just need a damn breakfast burrito hahaha. It's food learn to enjoy it sometimes, just learn how to not overdue it all fo the time!

Nonsense. What health problems would one expect to suffer from getting upset from overeating? Who are you to tell someone else what they can get upset over?
    Nutrient deficiencies for one...but death is the common one.

I would hardly say 500 cal meal is over eating.

It's not about you, it was overeating because it was more than the OP budgeted for or wanted. One meal is never going to mean nutrient deficiencies. And there is absolutely no reason to think that in general more food would mean nutrient deficiencies.
  • wilmamy
    wilmamy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had two pop tarts and a Snickers bar for breakfast. I'll go running later today and have plenty of room for dinner and evening snacks.
    No regrets.

Well, that was a helpful remark. Yes, you're awesome.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it. .......

580. 580!?! I almost cried.

This is not a healthy reaction to overeating by 200 Calories.

this is not overeating.

She planned to eat about 400 calories and ate about 600. I called it "overeating by 200 Calories". What exactly is incorrect about my statement? Do yourself a favor and actually read things before replying to them.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it. .......

580. 580!?! I almost cried.

This is not a healthy reaction to overeating by 200 Calories.

Why not? Being angry and frustrated when you find you've overeaten through misjudgement is not necessarily unhealthy.

200 calories isn't really the end of the world. A surprise? Yeah, but 200 calories is pretty easy to make up. Just go for a walk. Even a leisurely one can burn off more than that. Having a breakdown over 200 calories suggests to me that you might want to take a break from tracking for a while (I've been down that road, not fun).

I went to O'Charley's once and got their honey glazed chicken. I knew it'd be on the high end, due to the breading and cooking method, but it turns out that the chicken alone is something like 1200 calories, and that's not even including the sides! Given that a chicken breast is all of about 300 calories for the amount provided, that means they managed to cram 900 calories in on top of that! Talk about a shocker!

Of course 200 calories isn't the end of the world. Being angry at yourself is not the end of the world either.

But 200 calories isn't even really worth getting angry about, though, especially at breakfast, when you have the rest of the day to adjust the rest of your meals or go for a walk. Hell, if your goal is to lose a pound a week, you could eat over your calorie limit by 200 calories every single day and still lose a little over half a pound.

So? I don't see how any of that makes feeling angry about the extra 200 "unhealthy". People on MFP throw "unhealthy" around much too easily.

Maybe the OP didn't want to go for another walk. Maybe she didn't have time. Maybe she just gets angry at herself when she guesses incorrectly. Whatever her reason(s), just because she was angry with herself doesn't make her reaction unhealthy.

Ok instead of "unhealthy", I'll phrase it a different way:
    Freaking out over 200 calories is indicative of an eating disorder.
    Better?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Anything like this happen to anyone else? Are there foods out there that you've thought were going to be lower calories and it ends up being over the top?

Yup, it happens. That's why you don't make a habit out of it.

There's a reason I have an untouched foie gras in my freezer right now. I'm in no physical shape to be ingesting though, although I *really* want to.

Take it, log it, and move on. I wouldn't obsess.