the one thing you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i kind of miss the image i had then of how i would look if/when i lost those 30 pounds and got back to the weight of my early 20's. i did get there for a few months about a year ago, but i guess i found out you can lose the weight but you can't lose the years.

it's good to have the reality check. and idk, it's sort of apples to oranges because i'd never heard of strength training when i was 22. but still.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Besides being cold that's already mentioned I would have to say being able to call shot gun. Or when I am out of town with friends in say a beach front condo and there is only 1 bed, being able to call dibs. My friends joke with me alot on how I can no longer get by with it. I forsee next summer shoved in the back and sleeping on a cot. Hahah!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all, I hated myself then.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The ability to sit down and eat as much of something as I feel like without thinking about it, specifically M&Ms. I just plowed through those before. I do NOT miss the headaches I used to get from all the sugar I ate, though.
    And my old belt. Sounds silly, but I love my old belt, I've had it for like 20 years. I added so many holes to it that it is ridiculously too long now. Wraps like halfway around me.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Friendships. Starting and maintaining friendships was easier when I was fat.
  • katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't miss it at all !! Nothing tastes as good as my skinner feels
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    The Chubby Invisibility cloak has its good and bad side. It is nice to walk into a room and just observe and be left alone when you are overweight - quite pleasant in the geek gaming scene which I am a big part of. Now that I have shed a bit, suddenly the men are all strange around me (these are geek men, they don't get flirty when they find you attractive, they get terrified and act like serial killers) and the women are hostile.

This made me laugh :lol: I live in a house of highly intelligent, awkward geeks some of which I birthed who I am trying hard to teach manners LOL. If you don't write a blog you should.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The other day I had to sit on a hard wood floor and it felt harder than usual. NO PADDING!!! Since I normally sit in a chair, its not a huge problem. LOL
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Being able to sit in a chair without a pillow, not being cold all the time.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    Nothing - absolutely nothing

Me too! I don't miss anything about being overweight.
  • judihannaford
    judihannaford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a place to prop my book or balance a plate of food.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Gravy... unlimited quantities of gravy... lol
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    eating whatever I wanted and not caring.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Being warm! I'm cold all the time now ;-)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Being able to enjoy certain foods that I love without thinking about calorie count.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm already missing the way I used to dominate a space. I've noticed since losing the first 25 pounds fewer people are walking in the street to let me have the sidewalk. I miss not having to share. Next thing people will start taking the seat next to me on half empty busses and planes again. Ugh.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Nothing, it sucked...
  • NZRose7
    NZRose7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I miss eating large servings of chocolate, cake and biscuits. But the rewards of not doing that are way bigger than indulging my sweet tooth.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!