the one thing you miss about being fat?

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Eating whatever I want and whenever I want.

Not worrying about gaining any weight :pensive:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    I'm always cold now, I miss my heat from blubber

I do as well. Summer was never my season, I couldn't tolerate the heat and would have the AC on full. Now at work I'm always turning off the AC and people look at me odd.

During the winter, I would shovel snow in the middle of a blizzard in a tank top. That's not likely to happen anymore.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    triciab79 wrote: »
    My friends being willing to shop, swim, workout with me. Those who are plus sized still suddenly don't feel comfortable around me. I am the same human being and I still love fashion both plus sized and thin, and I would even go just so they could try stuff on without me shopping for me at all but no one wants to anymore. I used to have people over to the house to swim and everyone would be in the water, now they won't even put on a swimsuit in front of me. No one wants to go to the gym with me either. I don't know if they think I am judging them or if my presence makes them judge themselves. I don't judge, I know my success was a combination of circumstances being right and finding a workable system. Somehow I got stuck between worlds. I don't fit in with the plus sized camp anymore and I can't sit idly by while the "skinny all their life" crowd demeans the efforts of those who have to work to just be a size 14.

@triciab79 this is really interesting. Have you ever asked them what changed?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    azucker88 wrote: »
    Not thinking about what I eat, and cake.

Um, I think you meant to say cheeeeese (cake) right? lol

I miss downing incredible amounts of cheesecake or pecan pie with whipped cream and not thinking twice about it.

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Not being so cold all the time
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    I looked younger with a rounder face and fuller cheeks... Not sure I miss that though.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Surprisingly it's shopping! I know one thing said over and over again is how great it would be to finally be able to shop anywhere. But I find it so much harder to shop now for fit and opposed to comfort :) Going from a 20/22 to a 2/4 does allow more options so to speak but not as much as one would think. But of course I will accept the challenge - never hope to go back!!!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    I think it's just the free mindset - meaning I would eat without any mental hang ups about the calorie content, whether it's "bad" for me and just enjoy myself in a food vacuum. I could eat alot more and more times in a day too and thus prolong the enjoyment. Ignorance is bliss they say.

But after being so accustomed to exercising your knowledge when it comes to diet, health and fitness - the mindset and habits have become automatic and second nature. You exercise restraint without thinking very much about it. So you can't go all out and stuff your face as your stomach has literally shrank and you simply can't...and somehow mentally many times the reality of stuffing your face when you finally get the chance like how you used to do (after planning specifically for it via calories) no longer seems to live up to the fantasy you had in your head of double dipping oreos in full cream milk while taking bites of fudgy triple chocolate and raspberry and white chocolate brownies in between spoonfuls of gourmet cookie dough ice cream and Baileys / rum n raisin ice cream. Oh and handfuls of chips.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Not a damn thing!!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    faithyang wrote: »
    So you can't go all out and stuff your face as your stomach has literally shrank and you simply can't...and somehow mentally many times the reality of stuffing your face when you finally get the chance like how you used to do (after planning specifically for it via calories) no longer seems to live up to the fantasy you had in your head of double dipping oreos in full cream milk while taking bites of fudgy triple chocolate and raspberry and white chocolate brownies in between spoonfuls of gourmet cookie dough ice cream and Baileys / rum n raisin ice cream. Oh and handfuls of chips.

http://smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2059
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Jmgkamp wrote: »
    Sleeping without a pillow between my knees!!! Damn bones, never felt them before. Ouch.

I don't misss it because I still do it lol. It feels weird to have those knees touching.
  • faithyang
    edited July 2015
    Oh one more thing.

One thing I miss about being fat. How everyone assumes the worse of you.

I really like that. Because when you shine, they cower. Then they try to cut down your achievements outside of the "fat" label as though that is the only thing in my life that matters by calling you fat, or saying that you are somehow less capable/intelligent/attractive because you are fat - but by then you know how insecure someone must be to have no other comeback or spade to use on you to only have the "fat" card to cut you down.

Also, no one approaches you and your personality is sort of like your saving grace but... (if you weren't fat we could roll).
    The number of times I got approached AFTER I lost weight with nice compliments, etc was amazing. The change of treatment was so stark. It made me appreciate the friends and loved ones who stuck by me whether I was fat or thin, didn't matter to them.

It was great fun to be a dark horse. :smile:
  • ArdieAgain
    ArdieAgain Posts: 27 Member
    having a soft built-in cushion for hard chairs... Bony butts are not as comfy
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Nothing at all
  • faithyang
    ardiea1 wrote: »
    having a soft built-in cushion for hard chairs... Bony butts are not as comfy
    Not being cold. I used to be a snow bunny and now I hate winter because I can never manage to stay warm, even with layers upon layers on.
    mamadon wrote: »
    Jmgkamp wrote: »
    Sleeping without a pillow between my knees!!! Damn bones, never felt them before. Ouch.

I don't misss it because I still do it lol. It feels weird to have those knees touching.

OMG. Tell me about it!! The bones - I need pillows for my knees and my bum. Its so annoying! And the cold! I really enjoyed the cold when I had a little more body insulation on me - now I need 5 layers in bed, and I wear at least 3 thick layers of clothes during EVEN THE SUNNY DAYS IN WINTER.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    My breasts.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Not there yet but I'll say cold winters...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!