From 350 lbs to 220 lbs (Progress photo)

Options

Replies

• theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The most accurate soda ad I've ever seen. :)

Congrats, you look great!
  • shepd1999
    shepd1999 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome change. Wish I could find a way to get comfortable lifting so as I lose weight I gain muscle to reduce the loose skin I know I will have.
  • MrsC411
    MrsC411 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I read your blog. I'm in awe! The level of dedication that takes is incredible. Congratulations!

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Any tips/advice?
    The best advice I can give you is not to quit. Some people have that great determination and are unstoppable at this. Most of us screw up a lot and need a break from the tedious process of getting healthy. Always maintain, and never gain back what you've worked so hard to lose when you need those breaks. Then get back to it like a madman. Haha. Good luck to you
  • runfoorun
    Options
    shepd1999 wrote: »
    Awesome change. Wish I could find a way to get comfortable lifting so as I lose weight I gain muscle to reduce the loose skin I know I will have.
    I wasn't at all comfortable in the gym environment at first either. I felt very out of place. But I decided to just go in each day and focus on me. Zone everything else out and do your thing in there. The comfort level will come.
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive comments. I appreciate it more than you know!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    What a stunning loss, sir!! I am speechless :open_mouth: I stand 5'3" tall and weigh 84 kgs and almost die when I try to run. But your pic has inspired me and I Won't give up :)
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    runfoorun wrote: »
    Amazing! Any tips/advice?
    The best advice I can give you is not to quit. Some people have that great determination and are unstoppable at this. Most of us screw up a lot and need a break from the tedious process of getting healthy. Always maintain, and never gain back what you've worked so hard to lose when you need those breaks. Then get back to it like a madman. Haha. Good luck to you

Thank you for this. It is great advice. I've lost before and gained back and it never really occurred to me that, when I need it, I can be honest with myself and give myself a break by maintaining. I will try to do this in the future. Congratulations on your success!
  • runfoorun
    Options
    What a stunning loss, sir!! I am speechless :open_mouth: I stand 5'3" tall and weigh 84 kgs and almost die when I try to run. But your pic has inspired me and I Won't give up :)
    I'm usually one of the heaviest runners on the course during these ultra marathons. Running is a big mental game, which is why I love it. Taking yourself to that dark miserable place and overcoming it is an amazing thing. Regardless of your current weight, your body is capable of amazing things when your mind is determined to make it happen. Keep at it.
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Thank you @m13a, good luck to you as well!
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Your a motivation! Congrats on your lifestyle change..
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Amazing the picture look like two different people
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Wow @Bigjayinga congrats to you too! You look awesome! Thank you @joanne882015! :)
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Amazing transformation!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Running made your arms look like that too or are you doing some resistance training? You look great, man!
  • Chaos_And_Butterflies
    Chaos_And_Butterflies Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible transformation! Congrats on your many successes!! :)
  • runfoorun
    Options
    Running made your arms look like that too or are you doing some resistance training? You look great, man!

Haha noo, I run lots and lots but I love weightlifting and do it 4-5 times a week so thats where the arms come from
  • 007irish
    007irish Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Do you do cutting/bulking phases? If not, then this kind of blows the theory away when people say you cannot lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. You are proof that you can exactly do just that.

A big congratulations to you sir. Well done!

Also, any tips on the nutrition part of it? Did you cut out all processed foods or did you just eat anything you wanted as long as your macros and calories were in check?
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha love the before pic with the Coke... :D You are doing great. Well done on your accomplishments so far.
  • runfoorun
    Options
    007irish wrote: »
    Do you do cutting/bulking phases? If not, then this kind of blows the theory away when people say you cannot lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. You are proof that you can exactly do just that.

A big congratulations to you sir. Well done!

Also, any tips on the nutrition part of it? Did you cut out all processed foods or did you just eat anything you wanted as long as your macros and calories were in check?

I wish I could say that I had a master plan of nutrition that I follow. I honestly just eat towards whatever I'm training for. As I train for an ultra I tend to lose a few lbs of fats and muscle as I'm burning alot of calories and eating mostly carbs. As soon as I'm done with that particular race I kick up my protein macros and lift heavy so I can get my strength back. But I never let up on the weightlifting, even when I'm running 70-90 miles a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!