you know you're taking your diet seriously when...

Options
puckit61
puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
... you count out exactly 45 little chocolate chips to still maintain your goal.

I ate my dinner and I had a little under 200 calories below my goal that I could still eat. I decided to treat myself to some chocolate chips. I laughed when I acknowledged just how ridiculous this might come across to someone else. What is something you found yourself doing in order to accomplish your goal?

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Went on vacation and got a week pass to a local gym so I could still continue to workout.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Your kids didn't finish all their ice cream and instead of eating the remnants, you scrounge up the willpower to toss it out.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Don't trust the measuring cup and weigh out a portion of trail mix with your food scale instead.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    when you are happy that you dropped a big ol submarine in the evening cause tomorrow morning you can weigh in.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Your coworkers comment on how you're on a health kick and how they never really see you eat junk food anymore.
  • jesssi1984
    jesssi1984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your kids didn't finish all their ice cream and instead of eating the remnants, you scrounge up the willpower to toss it out.

^^^this! More food goes "wasted" now because I have made such a habit out of it!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You resist seconds even when your family is shoving them in your face
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Food tastes better because you don't just spend all day stuffing your face with whatever you see.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Package up cookies as soon as they are cool to be given away so that I don't snack on them (I develop and test recipes, always baking around!)
  • Nicole6
    Nicole6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When you weigh out your 7 grams of croutons on a scale. Which, BTW, is a ridiculously small amount of croutons!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    You literally body block your kids from taking a piece of something you've already counted or measured out. I know sharing is caring and all of that schlockeroo, but *kitten* gets serious when it comes to food!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    when you are happy that you dropped a big ol submarine in the evening cause tomorrow morning you can weigh in.

THIS^^^^ LMAO!!!!
  • lilyhel
    lilyhel Posts: 77
    Options
    You do not break the diet in your job's parties.
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You begin having a reoccurring dream of all the food in your house coming into your room in the middle of the night and attacking you in proper Revolutionary War-era formation with tiny food-sized weapons

O.o
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You begin having a reoccurring dream of all the food in your house coming into your room in the middle of the night and attacking you in proper Revolutionary War-era formation with tiny food-sized weapons

O.o

This one made me laugh :)
  • rosiepott
    rosiepott Posts: 7
    Options
    You stop drinking a large double double (to all my Canadien brothers and Sisters out there...) because it puts your sugar through the roof for the day...
  • myroadto130
    Options
    count every single gram/ounce that you eat! lol. i go crazy with my food scale weighing my mushrooms, tomatoes, anything really.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I knew I was serious about it this time because I didn't tell anyone I was doing it. I just joined a gym and started going. I usually would make a big presentation of it and wouldn't follow through. This time I just did it. No fanfare.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I knew I was serious when I quit calling it a diet and started calling it a life style hehe...
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    when your at a party and you're counting out chips while people waight.