Think beyond the gym

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Your post reminds me of this... Sent it to my husband (totally joking) when he text me that he was going to the gym. He didn't think it was funny. Lol

hw0skwqfigw8.jpg

That is funny. My boss's wife is 63. Weighs maybe 120# (very low BFP) soaking wet. But she works the farm all day. 4 horses, chickens etc. Lifts two 45 pound bales at a time. Moves about 1000 pounds of hay on the delivery days.
    Her new doctor told her that she wanted her to start going to the gym to lift light weights :) Ha! The assumptions people make can be pretty silly :D

indeed: you can be "functionally" (I shudder to use that term) strong.

it is not the same as lifting in a progressive lifting/resistance program.

I grew up on a ranch- I have been physically strong all my life. It's set me up to have great success at my lifting quiet frankly. Way ahead of the people I began lifting with- but ultimately my body and what it looks like has changed to more of what I wanted or have driven it to be with more specific work.

No one is arguing the merit of manual labor and what it can do for you- the very subtle implication that people who go to the gym don't like is something that just rubs me the wrong way.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    SO in