5'7 people, what are your weight and goals??

Options
I was 205 after my pregnancy, I am 9 months post partum and have gotten down to 172. I would like to be 150 but everyone tells me I should be 130.

Replies

• springmiyake
    springmiyake Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is 150. But I think I would look the best at 125-130.
  • kweisman1
    kweisman1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It really depends. 130 sounds pretty small for a person who is 5'7. I'm 5'9 and I weigh 157. I do lift weights and have a fair amount of muscle too. I think your goal of 150 sounds healthy. You know yourself the best. Don't let other people who don't have to live in your skin 24/7 tell you otherwise.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I was 172 when I started, down to 141, my goal is 135, but my goal might actually be recomposition at this point because if I gain muscle, I'll get smaller even if weight stays the same or increases slightly.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started post partem at 182. I'm now 160. My goal is 155 and then possibly 150. I have a pretty muscular build and I honestly would look way too thin at 130. Who are these people telling you that you"should" weigh 130? Why do you think they're saying that? Doesn't matter, where do you think YOU will feel the best?
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5. In my profile picture with the black dress, I'm about 162 pounds. In the other profile picture, I'm about 150, I believe. The lowest I've been is 146ish, and I know I wouldn't be comfortable going too far under that. 145-150 is my ideal weight range based on how I look, how I feel, and how I feel about how I look :) That's going to be a different number for everybody, it just depends on your body type and your aesthetic goals IMO
  • gizmom19
    gizmom19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'7"1/2 or so and I am shooting for 160-165. Before my last baby that is where I was at. At the time I would have said I still wanted to lose 10 or so but now looking back at pictures I think I looked pretty darn good. 130 maybe if I was a model. Lol!
  • criscat
    criscat Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    115-120
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Before and after my first child I was 105 lbs. After my second I was 170. Since then I have fought my way down to 134 lbs. I'd like to lose another 5-10 but I am less concerned with pounds than I was previously as I am working muscle and fitness now.

At 105 I was skin and bones but no muscle.

The weight number is all about what is right for you. Different body types will look better, feel better with a different number of pound attached. Don't let anyone peg you with a number. If you are healthy and feel good, you will look good.

It is all about you. :)
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 145. I haven't weighed 130 since early puberty. I am not big either - sz 4-6.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Get to 150 and evaluate how you look and feel and go from there. And then take yourself out to a concert or something, you will have earned it!
  • enn2015
    enn2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    MissElectricEyeliner Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm aimming for 175lbs. When I get there I can reevaluate. Starting at 297lbs, currently 273lbs. Height - 5'7 ;)
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My goal is 155... I'm 5'7"
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. I was 127 when I got married and I was happy there. I would ultimately like to be us size 4 in jeans and I won't care what the number is :)
  • nikkilovexo
    nikkilovexo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I told my boyfriends mother my goal was 150 and she said no I think you should go down to 130. I didnt know how to take that.
  • nikkilovexo
    nikkilovexo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also can't remember the last time I've even weighed less than 150. I don't think it would look nice on me.
  • Fulcherj1
    Fulcherj1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    150 and then I think I will reassess from there. I don't know if anything lower would look right on my frame
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I told my boyfriends mother my goal was 150 and she said no I think you should go down to 130. I didnt know how to take that.

Ouch! :s How nice of her to give you that "advice".

I'm 5'7 1/2, 5'8 on a good day. I'm maintaining at 130 but I've always had a small frame. I know plenty of people on MFP who weigh more and look absolutely fantastic! I will add the only muscles I have are from running. I haven't lifted yet.
  • KristiPadgett
    KristiPadgett Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and before having two kids I was 122 and now I am 167. I just started and my short term goal is 150 while my long term goal is 125. So far feeling really discourage and it hasn't even been two weeks yet.
  • MemiJones
    MemiJones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5'' female and I currently weigh 125lbs. I'm going for 120lbs and then I'm going to take the focus off from my weight and shift to focusing on building muscle.