5'7 people, what are your weight and goals??

Replies

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    I'm 5'7"-I like to keep it around 135. I am closer to 140 in my profile picture, and around 130 in the picture of my abs. If you have a small build, 130 might be ok. For me, it is difficult to maintain. Some people look better at 150 and larger. Personally it is my goal to bulk and cut and eventually maintain around 140+.
  • nikkilovexo
    nikkilovexo Posts: 7 Member
    My frame is more medium- large.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    My frame is more medium- large.

See how you feel at 150! 172 is a bangin' start, congratulations on what you've achieved so far!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    I'm not necessarily going for a specific weight, but I'm trying to get to 18-24% body fat. If I hit that range at 170, awesome, if it doesn't come until 150, that's fine too. I know that I weighed about 175lbs in 8th grade & was pretty close to thin. We'll see when I get there. I do know one thing for sure, what you weigh is no one's business other than you & your physician. Your boyfriend's mother sounds like a know-it-all jerk. I hope her son is a lot more sensitive/decent than her.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2015
    It is really hard to tell, since everyone has a different body. I started at 250lbs and my original goal was 150lbs. I got to 150lbs and then decided to go down to 140lbs. I am starting to think I may shoot for 135lbs then bulk/cut.

Whatever number you set, you will likely change the number as you get closer to goal. I am 5'7.

Also, my goal is to eventually enter a professional bikini competition and go on stage...so I also keep that in mind when deciding on my goal.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I'm 177 and my goal is to be sexy...whatever that number is. It might be 177, who knows?
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    There are so many ranges. The thing is my goal is about 145. I maintained from 135-140 for a few years around 20. I'm currently 160. I feel like I always look good at so many sizes but I had an eating disorder so it is so hard to tell. Also I'm 5'7.5" if that makes a difference.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    I'm 5"7, start weight 205 also :) my first 'goal' is 160, as that will put me in the healthy BMI range. I know BMI is generally considered pretty inaccurate but I'm just using it as a starting point :) once I've got to 160 I'll see how I feel about losing more weight/working on gaining muscle etc. :)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Definitely don't listen to some arbitrary number a person tosses at you -- first of all, it's rude, and second of all, it's meaningless.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    I'm 5'6'' and currently 137 and a size 6. My ultimate goal weight is 128 but I have a pretty hard time maintaining under 135. I think 150 can be a totally healthy weight for 5'7'' - don't listen to people, they're dumb :)
  • mayday8193
    mayday8193 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    II've actually been wanting to post this myself! I currently am between 5'6 1/2"- 5'7" with a medium frame (so size 6 usually) and at 153 lb (started at 167) and have my goal set as 145 lb. The lowest I've ever been is between 140-145 and I was happy there, but so many people online seem to think 135-137 would be better which leaves me conflicted. I don't know if I'd be happy in the 130s so I'm gonna wait until I get to my goal of 145 and reevaluate from there (:
  • ernestmartin3
    ernestmartin3 Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2015
    I must be short for a guy but I am shooting for 163 I weighed that in 1986 while dating my future wife. I would love to be that or 150 to 155. Don't remember the last time I weighed that.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    I'm 5"7, start weight 205 also :) my first 'goal' is 160, as that will put me in the healthy BMI range. I know BMI is generally considered pretty inaccurate but I'm just using it as a starting point :) once I've got to 160 I'll see how I feel about losing more weight/working on gaining muscle etc. :)

That's my plan and thoughts too.
  • Centipede007
    Centipede007 Posts: 19 Member
    Honestly I don't know what my frame is, probably a medium. However I am 5'7 with a start weight of 159, current of 155 and goal of 120-125 (with a stop temporarily at 135 to evaluate if I should go lower).
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    I'm 5'7.5 and I'm trying to.get down to 140. the lowest I've been was 123, I looked gross. at 140 I'm still thin but can keep my muscle tone :-)
  • Xanna89
    Xanna89 Posts: 31 Member
    My goal weight is 175. I'd look freakishly skinny if I went below 160.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    I'm 5'7 and maintaining in the high 170s with around 25% body fat. I'm currently injured but I usually lift heavy. Every body is different! At this weight I am technically still "overweight" by BMI yet I fit size small. I don't necessarily want to lose weight on the scale, but I am working towards 20% body fat. I started at 329lbs and closer to 50% body fat, so I do also have a bit of loose skin. I was shooting for 159 lbs but I want all the muscles :D
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I don't understand any of these threads - and there's millions of them, and yes I've taken part in them previously.

Someone else's weight on scale goal has absolutely no relevance to your own weight on scale goal. It simply can't because of genetic predisposition to where you carry fat, frame size, bone density, musculature

For example the healthy range for my height of 5'8 is 122lbs to 165lbs .. that's a 43lbs difference (excluding any outliers). I've been at maintenance since February at around 160lbs and I'm delighted with my size 6-8 body

... does that mean others of my height should aim for my weight .. maybe, maybe not? Others might be 'fat' at this weight.

Weight on scale means little. Other people's weight on scale means absolutely nothing

• lukos05
    lukos05 Posts: 39 Member
    I am 5'8" and there was no way I could ever get to 130 and look healthy; I'd be a skeleton. Even at 150 you could count all my ribs and I was having messages from concerned friends that I had lost too much weight. That being said, I was still a size 8 or 10 in clothes because I have a build like a linebacker (even after 45lbs of weight-loss, my bra strap was still at a 38).

I like to set smaller short-term goals and go from there. See how your body looks and feels at 150; it may be just your size!
  • misslettucey
    misslettucey Posts: 6 Member
    I'm about 5'7.5 and I'm not too sure what my exact goal weight is. I want to be able to comfortably wear size 8 UK jeans, so that's my real goal. I'm thinking it will be somewhere between 120 and 130. I know I don't want to go below 120 as that will put me underweight. Maybe you could think about what clothing size you want to be rather than a specific weight?