whats the most disgusting thing you ever ate?

Options

Replies

• RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Uni. (Sea urchin.)
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Vanilla chobani flip, the toppings were cornflakes, honey oats & praline pecans. the minute I added it to the yogurt, which was way too thin for greek yogurt, the cornflakes went soggy

Yes! Who the heck created those toppings? Awful.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Lamb's testicles. Accidentally.
    Eel. Accidentally also.
    Cottage Cheese on purpose.

Sweetmeats (lambs teticles) are lurvely! So is Eel....unless it has been jellied then it's disgusting!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    cigarette ash / butt from the airport pizza place. they tried to break up the filter on the pizza, but you cant chew that so I was chewing it and had to take it out of my mouth, also there was ash in my mouth and more butt on the pizza.

it didn't make me vomit or gag, but that was disgusting and they did it on purpose. in a place where you just choose a slice from already cooked pizzas, so its not like I pissed them off.

so yeh, cigarette butt.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    when I was a kid I went through a phase of eating chalks and wax crayons

they tasted great compared to school dinners, and were far less disgusting.

Of those, the three most disgusting in reverse order of disgustingness were:

3. spam and other way too processed meats that probably contained a large dose of prions because this was back in the 80s when cows were being fed on sheep and cow brain but no-one had realised that this would result in prions getting into the human food chain and causing mad cow disease and you can bet your life school dinner processed meats out of tins contained the lowest quality cuts of unidentifiable substances of animal origin, therefore prions.

2. instant mashed potato, i.e. lumpy, wallpaper paste textured substance but with far too much salt so it was basically, a lumpy, too salty mush that didn't bear any remote resemblence to potatoes, and probably didn't actually contain any real potatoes. It and school semolina (same thing, only sweet rather than salty, hence not making the top three as if you add enough sugar to most things you can render them partially edible) was probably just a ruse to feed the kids on wallpaper paste, which apparently is edible, provided they haven't added fungicide in the manufacturing process. Which they may have done, this being the 80s n all...

3. vegetable crumble. This concoction has to be seen to be believed. It works on the same basic principle as apple crumble, but with vegetables instead of apple, and no sugar in the crumble. And for "vegetables" read "unidentifiable food like substances that look identical to the contents of yesterday's slop tray" (i.e. where you scrape the plates before stacking them at the end of dinner). Also bear in mind that anything that may have once upon a time been an actual vegetable, when served with a school dinner will have been boiled for many hours in salty water, rending it an overly-salty greeny-grey mush devoid of any vitamins.
  • Kingeight
    Kingeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Beef heart. It was just terrible.

But makes pretty fair "beef sticks" due to texture and such and the amount of spices that go into them.

Like the jerky beef sticks? Cause I am a big fan of venison heart but the beef just had a super strong mineraly taste that I could't get past. The texture was lovely though almost like a nice tender filet.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    A brocolli oven dish that had gone off. Gave me food poisoning for a week and permanently put me off brocolli.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You people are nuts, Guinness is the reason I'm over weight. Can't get enough of the Black Stuff.

When I think of disgusting beers, Miller is No. 1.

Guinness ... gues thats a drink... but still.. YUCK.:sick:

Hell yes! It tastes like soil... Also my birthday is St Patricks day, so guess what all the drinks being promoted are :(
  • Sectility
    Sectility Posts: 37
    Options
    Lucerene (or something similar) Fat-Free Cream Cheese: Alone, it's crap, but it's okay on crackers or something.
    Carbonated Water: It just doesn't taste good and it feels weird in my mouth.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Kale chips. Ugh. I don't get what the hype is.

Agree with this - I made these and they were gross - had to throw them out.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Recently getting into dried fruit etc and I bought a packet of soft plums (not fresh) the other week. They were disgusting! Like munching on a dead slug. Dried figs aren't much better.

be careful of dried fruit as it's loaded with sugar.... but I disagree, I like all things dried including the most ugly dried fruit of all - BANANAS! omg they look like poison but are great lol!!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Marmite.

I can hardly bear to move the knife after my husband has put it on his toast.
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    crab pate... on first inspection it was okay.... on second the texture was NASTY
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    A chocolate-covered cricket.

Also, I'm a big fan of Quest bars, but the peanut butter and jelly flavour was the worst protein bar I've ever tried.

I would say the lemon cream pie flavor's the worst!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Fresh sea urchins are great, but I must say it's either a love or hate thing.

For me.. I frigin hate CILANTRO.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Beets.

For real. I hate them in any form.

Radishes also. They taste like slightly spicy dirt.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. Yuck!!!! The slimy texture makes me think I'm eating worms. LOL
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    instant miso soup looks and tastes like whale vomit.

OMG freaking hysterical!!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Se'a. It's a Samoan food. It's Sea cucumber guts that have fermented. Gross.
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Natto