5'2" 1200 cal looking for friends for weight loss support

Options

Replies

• kking76
    kking76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1200 calories a day. SW 198 CW 168 First GW 150. Add me if you want.
  • flelliott21
    flelliott21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've just signed up a couple of days ago and am in need of some motivational friends too. I am getting married next year so want to feel and look good!
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've just signed up a couple of days ago and am in need of some motivational friends too. I am getting married next year so want to feel and look good!

I am getting married next year too! It really re-ignited my motivation!

• petitehealth
    Options
    A food scale is a must! Weight loss is scientifically proven to be based on calories in vs calories out. You can't accurately access your intake without measuring portions, tracking all calories, and using a tool to calculate calories burned from exercise. Just learning how to read nutrition labels is a beginner's challenge. Those labels are purposely written to trick people!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1" with a goal of 110...anyone else who is in that range feel free to add me! I like having friends with similar stats/goals because I think its helpful if we are all on the same track.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and eating around 1200-1250 as well! I got down to 128 on here before (a very fit weight for my always curvy figure), but gained a bunch of weight while in Grad School and working 4 jobs. Back at it now having just graduated, I started at 175, am now 160, and my goal is 130. I started on MFP in February of 2012, so I've been at this diet game awhile :smile:

I saw you're getting married next year... I'm waiting on my boyfriend to ask, but thought I had better get started on reaching my goal now!
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" eating around 1200-1250 as well. I'd love some ideas from others about low cal, highly-filling foods as often I tend to go over my cals for the day and yet am still hungry. It doesn't help that I live in a house with teenage boys all over 6' who can basically eat an entire cow in one sitting and not gain an ounce.
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". My heaviest weight was151. I am currently 136, with a goal of 120-125. I don't keep my diary open, because I use the notes section and I don't want it public. But I can still offer support and motivation. Add me if you'd like!
  • petitehealth
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and eating around 1200-1250 as well! I got down to 128 on here before (a very fit weight for my always curvy figure), but gained a bunch of weight while in Grad School and working 4 jobs. Back at it now having just graduated, I started at 175, am now 160, and my goal is 130. I started on MFP in February of 2012, so I've been at this diet game awhile :smile:

I saw you're getting married next year... I'm waiting on my boyfriend to ask, but thought I had better get started on reaching my goal now!

patience is key! we just got engaged after 8 years together! ahh! i never thought this day would come ;)
  • rachelscheepstra
    rachelscheepstra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 4'11" and eating 1200 calories as well! I realize I'm not 5'2" but I don't think there's a forum for people as short as me haha
  • petitehealth
    Options
    hcdo wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" eating around 1200-1250 as well. I'd love some ideas from others about low cal, highly-filling foods as often I tend to go over my cals for the day and yet am still hungry. It doesn't help that I live in a house with teenage boys all over 6' who can basically eat an entire cow in one sitting and not gain an ounce.

omg those lucky boys!! it may seem like over kill but i plan out my food at least a day in advance and i eat every two hours. the snacks are small portions but can usually hold me over for two short hours until i get to eat again! i love food and i also love planning a splurge or bigger meal in the day and maker smarter/smaller decisions for the remaining meals/snacks. my weakest point of the day is my late afternoon snack around 3:30 at work..i always get tired and hungry around then and feel the weakest. i need to figure this out. i like adding chia seeds for fiber and filling
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5' tall. SW 133, CW 117, goal weight changed from 113 to
    115. It just seemed more realistic. It has been a struggle to figure out what works, but it just gets easier now. I feel great!

@caymans1029 I'm 5'0, started at 133, and currently 117 as well :) although my goal is 105. My original goal was 113. Such an odd number for a goal but it seems many of us have it lol.
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and am shooting around 1200 for now. Feel free to add me.
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 sw 185lbs cw 172 lbs gw 130 lbs 1200 calorie goal diary is open. Feel free to add me for motivation support :)
  • petitehealth
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Jasmunr wrote: »
    I'm 5'0, started at 133, and currently 117 as well :) although my goal is 105. My original goal was 113. Such an odd number for a goal but it seems many of us have it lol.

Weird! I know my goal is 113 because it's 20 pounds lighter than my starting weight. My mini goal is 118 and I am almost there. Then I want to start going wedding dress shopping (eek
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey all. 5'2 and eating 1200 cals/day. Feel free to add me :)
  • petitehealth
    Options
    Ah! Friday thrown off by eating out and taking a rest day from workouts! :s
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 with 36lbs to lose. I'm eating about 1700 a day, but I'm very active and lose 1lb a week consistently (although this morning I surpassed myself and lost 2!) but could use some more friends on here to keep me motivated. Add me if you want. :)
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 5'2" and 52 yrs (53 this week!). Sw 140, cw 130, gw 120 (and then we'll see). My default calorie goal from mfp was 1200, but I adjusted it up to 1300, still below my tdee and more realistic for me. I use a fitbit and try to eat back only some of my exercise calories (when I have them).

I don't use a foodscale but I am careful in estimating and I try to log every morsel. I also listen to my body and try to wait until I am hungry to eat and taper my eating so I am a little hungry at bedtime. For now it seems to be working! Feel free to add me (although I'll be offline for the weekend and for vacation time over some of the summer, I do try to login daily).
  • arhewitt661
    arhewitt661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 5'3" and eating 1200 calories a day. Started at 142.5, currently at 136, aiming for 125-130ish or however I feel comfortable! Drinking at least a gallon of water today really helps me for weight loss. It gives me something to do with my mouth (I'm a huge grazer so I need to do something with myself! Sometimes I add Crystal Light packets). I also lift weights 5 times a week and do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 3 times a week. Feel free to add me!