5'2" 1200 cal looking for friends for weight loss support

Options

Replies

• shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". SW 122 CW 112 GW 108
    Sticking to 1200 is hard. I try to eat back only some of my exercise calories and avoid over indulging on the weekends.
    Feel free to add me!
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    KBmoments wrote: »
    I'm 5'4", and I know that's a bit taller than 5'2" but I would really appreciate some weight loss friends. CW 136, GW 125. I have been trying to loose weight on my own for a while with lifting weights and running, and eating what I felt was healthy (without tracking calories), but have been at a plateau for a couple of months now. So i have decided to try MFP. Also eating around 1200 calories a day.

Also, yay this is my first post. :)

Last year I was almost the same stats as you! I'm 5'3". I was about 137 and I went down to 126. At 1200 per day and 30 min of cardio 3 times per week it only took about 1.75 months! But I didn't maintain my eating and exercise habits so now I'm at 145... but my GW is still in the 124-126 range!

Were you eating back your calories on your cardio days? Just curious...I'm the same stats as you! 5'3" started at 136 and now at 127... I can't seem to lose anymore!

At first I was eating back all of my exercise calories and losing just fine.. but as I got below 130 it became slower. I actually raised my daily calories from 1200 to 1300-1400 and didn't eat back any exercise calories and started losing again though! Also changing up your workout can help as well! I went from elliptical to running on the treadmill!
  • KristyKing359
    KristyKing359 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" SW 120 CW 120 GW 114 Eating 1200 calories. I feel like it's very hard to lose weight being petite once I get to 118. I get stuck! Being short sucks sometimes.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'1" cw 138 gw 125
    I gained weight last year and have not been successful in dropping it. When I was 125 I thought I was sooo fat. Now I'm almost 140 and am totally kicking myself.
    I'm super busy with work and school so exercising all the time is out now :(
    I'm finding eating at 1200-1300 cals pretty easy if I stick to lean protein veggies and complex carbs. I've only been at this again for a couple weeks so no real progress but I feel better at least. Anyway, please add me if you're in my boat. I'd love additional support
    x Kitty
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Oh hey, fellow shorties! :D

I'm 5'2" as well. My intake is around 1800-1950 cals. I workout 3-4x a week. :) My diary is always open, but I usually forget to complete my entry at the end of the night. Lol
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    UP is a
    3audkids wrote: »
    Hello, 5'2" eating 1200 calories too. At least trying. CW 144-GW 125-130. UP user too and could use more teammates.

what is UP?
    3audkids wrote: »
    Hello, 5'2" eating 1200 calories too. At least trying. CW 144-GW 125-130. UP user too and could use more teammates.

what is UP?

UP is an step tracker wrist band by Jawbone. My goal is 10000 steps/day.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    KBmoments wrote: »
    I'm 5'4", and I know that's a bit taller than 5'2" but I would really appreciate some weight loss friends. CW 136, GW 125. I have been trying to loose weight on my own for a while with lifting weights and running, and eating what I felt was healthy (without tracking calories), but have been at a plateau for a couple of months now. So i have decided to try MFP. Also eating around 1200 calories a day.

Also, yay this is my first post. :)

Last year I was almost the same stats as you! I'm 5'3". I was about 137 and I went down to 126. At 1200 per day and 30 min of cardio 3 times per week it only took about 1.75 months! But I didn't maintain my eating and exercise habits so now I'm at 145... but my GW is still in the 124-126 range!

Were you eating back your calories on your cardio days? Just curious...I'm the same stats as you! 5'3" started at 136 and now at 127... I can't seem to lose anymore!

At first I was eating back all of my exercise calories and losing just fine.. but as I got below 130 it became slower. I actually raised my daily calories from 1200 to 1300-1400 and didn't eat back any exercise calories and started losing again though! Also changing up your workout can help as well! I went from elliptical to running on the treadmill!

Thanks for your input!
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" SW 120 CW 120 GW 114 Eating 1200 calories. I feel like it's very hard to lose weight being petite once I get to 118. I get stuck! Being short sucks sometimes.

I agree! It makes it so difficult and unless you also have a petite size, you don't understand the struggle! The tips from my tall or male friends don't really work for my body type.

• anchugup
    anchugup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you all weight out/measure your food? What's working well for you?

• petitehealth
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »

I'm 5'2" as well. My intake is around 1800-1950 cals. I workout 3-4x a week. :) My diary is always open, but I usually forget to complete my entry at the end of the night. Lol

That's great! It looks like you are in "maintain" or "muscle gain" mode rather than "weight loss" mode, correct? I can't wait until I get there!
  • petitehealth
    Options
    SUPPORT NEEDED: I ate back most of my exercise calories this weekend and wasted empty calories on drinking! This was a two pound mistake and for us shorties, two pounds is a LOT! I have been so dedicated and doing so well I am frustrated that I set myself back..even if it's just by a couple pounds. Ugh!
  • anchugup
    anchugup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2 also working with 1200 calories, sw 180 cw 160 gw#1 140 gw#2 125

I'll add you, anyone else add me in looking for friends to motivate each other

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »

That's great! It looks like you are in "maintain" or "muscle gain" mode rather than "weight loss" mode, correct? I can't wait until I get there!
    Yup! I maintain now, but I raised my calories to 1950 since I'm getting ready to bulk again in the fall. :)
  • petitehealth
    Options
    My weakest time of the day is the afternoon. After lunch/before the workday ends. I even have two small snacks planned for that time by I always feel tempted to splurge or sometimes I feel really hungry and it's very distracting. Any ideas?
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My weakest time of the day is the afternoon. After lunch/before the workday ends. I even have two small snacks planned for that time by I always feel tempted to splurge or sometimes I feel really hungry and it's very distracting. Any ideas?

I have this problem too! I set aside approx 100 calories for a snack around that time...and make sure it has either a good amount of protein or fiber to carry me through till dinner. Either light and fit greek yogurt or a homemade protein bar or muffin.

• toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 5'2", SW 173, CW 150, GW 133. I'm eating 1210 a day, excluding exercise cals. I'm doing c25k, so I burn about 200 the three days a week I do that and the other 2-3 days a week I lift weights so I burn practically nothing. I just started a new job that is much more active so I'm debating changing my activity level but I'm gonna leave it alone for a few weeks just to see how it goes.

My diary should be open. I weigh all my solids (except like sliced bread and cheese because I've found these tend to average out for me) and measure all liquids. I use the recipe builder religiously. I'm on mfp all the frickin time haha

Add me if you'd like! I like new friends!!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2, started at 196lbs on a 1200 calorie amount. Am now maintaining around 106lbs, have been for a couple of years.
  • DraMagg13
    DraMagg13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5"2.. doing 1500 cal/day.. feel free to add me to share dairy..
  • melachey
    melachey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'1 here, 38yo.
    Started at 166lbs. Currently at 137lbs. Looking to get to 126lbs.

I've been doing nutrisystem since December 1st, although the summer has been rough. I'm definitely not sticking to the diet as much and that's why I've plateaued at this weight for about six weeks.

I aim for 1200 calories a day as well. Sometimes I feel like it's really good and sometimes I feel like I should eat more.
    I currently walk every day and use my Fitbit for motivation.
  • chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to mfp, I'm 29 yrs old, 5'1 and 123.5 lbs currently. My goal is around 110 lbs. I started working out on June 1st, doing strength training with a barbell and weights every other day and cardio at least 5 days a week, usually only 15-20 mins of HIIT. I have lost 6.5 lbs so far, but want to keep going by tracking my food, calories, carbs, protein, fats, etc. I'd love to meet others in my similar situation, so we can support eachother and trade what has worked, etc.. Anyone here please feel free to add me!! I also have 2 kids and the dreaded "mommy pooch" though it's getting better!! But I'd love to meet other moms also that want to get rid of the mom belly!!