missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • sbantonio
    sbantonio Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    sbantonio wrote: »
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    great transformation!! I love lifting weights as well and agree those who dont are missing out!!!
    Man that's freaking awesome! What was your starting weight?
    Man that's freaking awesome! What was your starting weight?

224. If you go to realbodiesrealresults.com/samantonio. You can see my whole story. Thank you.
  • sbantonio
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    I completely agree! I started exercising right after high school, (Curves, mostly). I didn't see any "toning" going on (even while in a deficit), until I started heavy lifting. I wish I started lifting from DAY 1!

Great job, OP! I'm glad that you are able to SHOW people that weight lifting works, instead of merely telling them. A picture really is worth a thousand words. Maybe more! :smile:

Thank you !
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good for you man! A few years ago I shed about 40 lbs with eating right using MFP and doing Crossfit. I've since stopped Crossfit and then went on to traditional weightlifting. I got bored, complacent, and put 20lbs back on. Now I'm back doing HIIT and getting ready to lose about 20 more pounds with it. Weights are definitely a HUGE factor in the weight loss struggle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, even while at rest!
  • sbantonio
    Options
    craigheon wrote: »
    Good for you man! A few years ago I shed about 40 lbs with eating right using MFP and doing Crossfit. I've since stopped Crossfit and then went on to traditional weightlifting. I got bored, complacent, and put 20lbs back on. Now I'm back doing HIIT and getting ready to lose about 20 more pounds with it. Weights are definitely a HUGE factor in the weight loss struggle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, even while at rest!

Thank you Craigheon! I really appreciate the encouragement. Love lifting now. Just got home from the gym. Arm day. Lol
  • sbantonio
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    I completely agree! I started exercising right after high school, (Curves, mostly). I didn't see any "toning" going on (even while in a deficit), until I started heavy lifting. I wish I started lifting from DAY 1!

Great job, OP! I'm glad that you are able to SHOW people that weight lifting works, instead of merely telling them. A picture really is worth a thousand words. Maybe more! :smile:
    Thank you Foxylifter.
  • lilbitoftrouble
    lilbitoftrouble Posts: 2,052 Member
    Options
    Bravo on a job well done. O.k. I think I will go out and buy some weights now. Thanks for the inspiration my friend.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look like a totally different person. Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! That is so inspiring!
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    looking good buddy, in the first picture you look like you're about 10 minutes away from a heart attack, in the second one you are totally diesel
  • Amandakm1985
    Amandakm1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    o4w7o5apye8h.jpg

Yes it does! I'm Still a work in progress and love weightlifting ❤
  • sbantonio
    Options
    Friday is arm. So glad that I have a trainer who inspires me at the gym. aw5okuio3esu.jpg
  • sbantonio
    Options
    6ezimg61o2lq.jpg

It took 11 months but it was worth it
  • sbantonio
    Options
    icxomcmbtc5o.jpg

The old me two years ago.... Lol. Very scary. But the new me feels 100% better
  • sbantonio
    Options
    40mnp0ow7v5p.jpg

Looking forward to the town pool today. Couldn't say that two years ago
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look so healthy! I hear you on the weight loss and now feeling 100% better....no feeling like it!
  • sbantonio
    Options
    o4w7o5apye8h.jpg

Yes it does! I'm Still a work in progress and love weightlifting ❤

Thank you. You are right !
  • goillini1996
    goillini1996 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your achievement is flat out awesome!!! You should definitely be product of yourself for your commitment and perseverance. You've definitely given me motivation for today!!!

What type of weightlifting program do you follow?
  • mxmst636
    mxmst636 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You should be very proud of yourself, you look great. I never thought of weight lifting and now I am considering it, I do mostly cardio and yoga now.
  • sbantonio
    Options
    mxmst636 wrote: »
    Amazing results! You should be very proud of yourself, you look great. I never thought of weight lifting and now I am considering it, I do mostly cardio and yoga now.

I heard Yoga is great but weight lifting will sustain you. You will become a fat burning furnace when you lift weights. Keep up the great work !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!