• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Female (obviously..I hope)
    Weight varied for these between low 150's and low 160's.

Gym:
    Squats - to below parallel: 285lb
    Paused bench - 160lb
    Deadlift - actually...I dont really max out unless at a meet - so 295lb x 5 or 315lb x 2.

Competitioin:
    Squats: 275lb
    Paused bench: 145lb (my meet nemesisi)
    Deadlift: 336lb (although it was an unsanctioned meet and had a slight dip so should have been red lighted imo) - so I would say my competition max is really 325lb when I was 147lb (and 18 freaking months ago)

How's the knee holding up?

Not 100%, but its holding up with my modified routine (very low volume for squats and deads). Seems like the biggest issue is my meniscus at the moment - which I am probably going to need to getting repaired - hoping it holds up until after Nationals.

Injuries suck. Hope the repair goes well.

Thank you. It's definitely reset my expectations for my squat and pulls this year. One bright note - its meant I have focused on bench more, which was my weakest lift, and that has been improving quite a bit. Hoping to suck less in my upcoming meets with that lift. Trying to be pragmatic about it, but its frustrating.

I just spent the best part of a year coming back from an SI-joint injury. Just got to keep the faith and do what you can do rather than worrying about what you can't. It can be super frustrating playing the long game though!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb
    Deadlift - actually...I dont really max out unless at a meet - so 295lb x 5 or 315lb x 2.

Competitioin:
    Deadlift: 336lb (although it was an unsanctioned meet and had a slight dip so should have been red lighted imo) - so I would say my competition max is really 325lb when I was 147lb (and 18 freaking months ago)

Not 100%, but its holding up with my modified routine (very low volume for squats and deads). Seems like the biggest issue is my meniscus at the moment - which I am probably going to need to getting repaired - hoping it holds up until after Nationals.

Thank you. It's definitely reset my expectations for my squat and pulls this year. One bright note - its meant I have focused on bench more, which was my weakest lift, and that has been improving quite a bit. Hoping to suck less in my upcoming meets with that lift. Trying to be pragmatic about it, but its frustrating.

I just spent the best part of a year coming back from an SI-joint injury. Just got to keep the faith and do what you can do rather than worrying about what you can't. It can be super frustrating playing the long game though!

Thank you! All recovered for you now?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Squat 120kg (I've had an explosion in my squat since my last full power meet, although currently battling injury)
    Bench 77.5kg
    Dead 167.5 (yes, I pull better on the platform than in the gym, as my coach says, I'm a competitor)

And the powerhouse shows up :flowerforyou:

What confuses me is, you're a girl, but your lifts put many guys to shame. Does that make them girls too?!

What they do in the privacy of their own... Ops wrong forum! ;)

Interesting how you jump on one person for saying "for a girl" yet not say anything about "what confuses me is, you're a girl..." Things that make you go hmmmm?

lol true... nice observation...maybe all he needs is female attention ( seeing how he empathises with his female "friends" )

Are we in junior high now are we?

some interesting facts-
    • male libido stays in junior high for life
    • dont trust any guy who lifts if he tells you that he doesn't like female attention

So gay men aren't allowed to lift, or do they just not exist in your world?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Squat 120kg (I've had an explosion in my squat since my last full power meet, although currently battling injury)
    Bench 77.5kg
    Dead 167.5 (yes, I pull better on the platform than in the gym, as my coach says, I'm a competitor)

What confuses me is, you're a girl, but your lifts put many guys to shame. Does that make them girls too?!

Interesting how you jump on one person for saying "for a girl" yet not say anything about "what confuses me is, you're a girl..." Things that make you go hmmmm?

lol true... nice observation...maybe all he needs is female attention ( seeing how he empathises with his female "friends" )

some interesting facts-
    • dont trust any guy who lifts if he tells you that he doesn't like female attention
    I'm predicting a loooong lifting career for you OP. Good luck.

another intersting fact

an average guy with average genetic potential will have gained all the lean muscle he can gain NATURALLY in 3 years under optimum conditions.He then enters the group of elite bodybuilders like Steve Reeves and Reg Park

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:
    Some people are pretty loose with the word fact
    Testosterone has very little to do with men's libido or aggression
    Steve Reeves most likely used PED's
    Some people with exceptional genetics reach their potential in 3 years, it is not common
    Using the term female shows an inclination towards pseudospeciation

1.dihydrotestosterone forms when 5-alpha reductase acts on tesosterone...which is mainly responsible for the above mentioned effects

2Reeves on juice is possible but highly unlikey...reasons include
    • 8" + wrists ( which is a direct indicator of a genetically superior frame )
    • mesomorphic metabolism
    • PED's were introduced around 1940's but became popular by the soviets later
    • PED's lead to a assymetrical body structure with the upper body grossly over developing ( more androgen receptors)..Reeves was known for his aesthetic figure becuase of body symmetry

3.An average lifter can expect to gain maximum of 0.5 lbs lean muscle per week or 2 lbs a month under optimal conditions ( diet, training etc )
    begginer's if trained properly can exploit their begginer's magic and gain more

genetically superior people can reach their potential in as early as 6 months

4.no pseudo theories please..only facts

1. No, test, nor any derivative, nor any sex hormone, does not cause any behavior in primates.
    2. Mesomorph metabolism? Seriously? Also, taking PEDs doesn't determine where you get to, nor does where tou got to tell if you took. Gyms are fulled with juiced incompetents who get nowhere.
    3. Asymptotic talk already covered this.
    4. Pseduospeciation is not pseudoscience. Do you even greek prefix bro? If you don't know what pseduo means, it doesn't speak well for your knowledge of biology. Pseudospeciation is the mental process of dividing people along physical differences that ends up psychologically lowering the human threshold for violence.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

Hope you can hold on, you can't heal those so replacement is the only option if it's torn. :(
  • jimmmer
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

Yeah thanks, I'm still away from my best strength wise, but currently pain free and making improvements. I count it as a win!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

Yeah thanks, I'm still away from my best strength wise, but currently pain free and making improvements. I count it as a win!

That's great. Must be such a relief to be able to lift pain free and start getting back to where you were.
  • jimmmer
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

That's great. Must be such a relief to be able to lift pain free and start getting back to where you were.

To be fair, stuff like getting dressed and be able to pick up my daughter were the main 1st goals. Lifting was a nice second benefit!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

Hope you can hold on, you can't heal those so replacement is the only option if it's torn. :(

Thanks! Nursing through it until after Nationals then I expect to have to have surgery. I think there is a possibility that they can do some repairs through arthroscopy as the MRI showed it was a minor tear - but based on my age, my activity levels and the fact that it still bothers me, a replacement is probably the most likely solution. I still have my other issues with my knee but I am trying not to think about that as it would be a bigger surgery - but may have to be done with the meniscus repair as the worn cartilage could cause issues with the new meniscus as it causes more pressure on it (kind of squishing it).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Gym:
    Paused bench - 160lb

Competitioin:

To be fair, stuff like getting dressed and be able to pick up my daughter were the main 1st goals. Lifting was a nice second benefit!

Those seem like very good goals! :)
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

an average guy with average genetic potential will have gained all the lean muscle he can gain NATURALLY in 3 years under optimum conditions.He then enters the group of elite bodybuilders like Steve Reeves and Reg Park

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:
    Some people with exceptional genetics reach their potential in 3 years, it is not common

1.dihydrotestosterone forms when 5-alpha reductase acts on tesosterone...which is mainly responsible for the above mentioned effects

• mesomorphic metabolism
    • PED's lead to a assymetrical body structure with the upper body grossly over developing ( more androgen receptors)..Reeves was known for his aesthetic figure becuase of body symmetry

3.An average lifter can expect to gain maximum of 0.5 lbs lean muscle per week or 2 lbs a month under optimal conditions ( diet, training etc )

1. No, test, nor any derivative, nor any sex hormone, does not cause any behavior in primates.
    2. Mesomorph metabolism? Seriously? Also, taking PEDs doesn't determine where you get to, nor does where tou got to tell if you took. Gyms are fulled with juiced incompetents who get nowhere.
    4. Pseduospeciation is not pseudoscience. Do you even greek prefix bro? If you don't know what pseduo means, it doesn't speak well for your knowledge of biology. Pseudospeciation is the mental process of dividing people along physical differences that ends up psychologically lowering the human threshold for violence.
    giphy.gif
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

Spot on for #1 the biggest action for DHT is the creation of the Wolffian Duct system that create the male form of humans in utero. We have a big neocortex to help regulate the interplay between hormones and expressed behaviours.

Well to be fair I did use the term "female" first but that was because it sounded funny in my head to say "women friends" so I it was a poor choice of wording on my part so I'll offer a mia copa here.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

I am confused - are you saying that genetically 'superior' people can gain as much muscle mass as they ever will in 6 months. assuming optimal training, or have I lost the plot in this side conversation?

yes, they can..when Reeves said he haid gained 10 lbs in one month he was most probably talking about beginner gains which is probably why people started linking up with him steroid use

Could you point me to something that shows this.

Reeves gaining 10lb in one month is not an indication of reaching your max potential in 6 months.
  • 95savvy
    95savvy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    me tumblr_m8cxwi7kuf1qg898o.png
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

So gay men aren't allowed to lift, or do they just not exist in your world?

well, there's this gay guy at my pool who keeps hitting at me in the locker room, the shower( dangerous) and of course whenever he gets the chance

What do you mean 'of course, whenever he gets the chance'.?

In any event, obviously you have not conveyed appropriately that you are not interested.
This discussion has been closed.