Fed up of dieting...want to start enjoying

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Is there any evidence that the OP has even revisited this thread? Or are you all just arguing between yourselves?
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Is there any evidence that the OP has even revisited this thread? Or are you all just arguing between yourselves?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am having a discussion not an argument. Even if OP isn't visiting this thread there are plenty of other people on here that could benefit from the edification this "argument" may provide.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Welcome to the argument. You've just included yourself. I imagine when the mods get back to work tomorrow, this thread will be cleaned up or closed.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »

I don't know about anyone else, but I am having a discussion not an argument. Even if OP isn't visiting this thread there are plenty of other people on here that could benefit from the edification this "argument" may provide.

I find arguing enlightening, as long as it doesn't become personal. I enjoy a healthy debate. Discussion implies that you do not have differing points of view. I see plenty differing points of view. But if you feel better calling it a discussion, by all means I don't want to argue with you.
  • KateSimpson17
    Options

I find arguing enlightening, as long as it doesn't become personal. I enjoy a healthy debate. Discussion implies that you do not have differing points of view. I see plenty differing points of view. But if you feel better calling it a discussion, by all means I don't want to argue with you.

dis·cus·sion
    dəˈskəSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

I don't mean to argue with you, either. However, based on the fact that you felt the need to "correct" me even though you knew what I meant, it seems that you would very much like to argue. Would you have felt better if I called it a debate? Arguing implies that you are being rude or fighting, and while a number of FatFreeFrolicking's posts have been deleted due to her argument, I think it is worth noting that no one else's have.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    @gloria286 is all of this making sense to you? It should be perfectly clear what you need to do. You need to eat enough to lose weight slowly but also as quickly as you can. You need to eat back all of your exercise calories, but understand that there are inaccuracies in the numbers MFP gives for calories burned so DO NOT eat all of them back (or any of them for that matter). You should cook your meatloaf in a muffin pan and enter each ingredient separately so that when others make their meatloaf muffins, they can use your database entries. And when it's all said and done, just have fun! Don't make this complicated.

It was sooo worth reading through this topic to find this gem. Single handedly woke me up out of my weekend slump! :bigsmile:

• kdylinda_com
    kdylinda_com Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new. I have given up the notion of dieting & restrictions & replaced it w/clean eating & enjoyment...this way my weight loss is permanent, no more yo-yo!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I am new. I have given up the notion of dieting & restrictions & replaced it w/clean eating & enjoyment...this way my weight loss is permanent, no more yo-yo!

I fail to see 1) how clean eating isn't 'dieting' and not restrictive , 2) what kind of enjoyment you can get by 'clean eating', and 3) what clean eating is anyway.

But oh wait, I guess this could be seen as arguing too. My bad.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Discussion implies that you do not have differing points of view.

Not according to the dictionary the rest of the planet is using...
  • KateSimpson17
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I fail to see 1) how clean eating isn't 'dieting' and not restrictive , 2) what kind of enjoyment you can get by 'clean eating', and 3) what clean eating is anyway.

I see this a lot too... I find "clean eating" to be confusing... I guess the idea is that chemicles are bad for you, most of the people I've seen go with this have some sort of notion that the FDA is allowing things into our food that make us fat and sick so that we spend more money on healthcare, conspiracy stuff. Clean eating is a great way to lose weight because, like every other DIET out there it cuts out calorie dense foods. As far as being healthy, I guess it's kind of a good thing because it forces you to eat nutrient dense foods for the most part... but frankly I like a lot of food that isn't "clean"... and if I was doing clean eating I would probably end up just like OP: hating eating because of all the thought that goes into it.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

I see this a lot too... I find "clean eating" to be confusing... I guess the idea is that chemicles are bad for you, most of the people I've seen go with this have some sort of notion that the FDA is allowing things into our food that make us fat and sick so that we spend more money on healthcare, conspiracy stuff. Clean eating is a great way to lose weight because, like every other DIET out there it cuts out calorie dense foods. As far as being healthy, I guess it's kind of a good thing because it forces you to eat nutrient dense foods for the most part... but frankly I like a lot of food that isn't "clean"... and if I was doing clean eating I would probably end up just like OP: hating eating because of all the thought that goes into it.

Clean eating is eating foods which have not been contaminated or tossed with dirt. Dirty eating is the opposite. And might include food with insect or rodents' nests in them. Although I just watched an episode on Chopped! that included actual cricket flour as an ingredient. They mentioned that insects were a very important protein in some parts of the world. I supposed clean eating could also include stuff like washing your hands before handling food, or wearing latex gloves.
  • KateSimpson17
    Options

Clean eating is eating foods which have not been contaminated or tossed with dirt. Dirty eating is the opposite. And might include food with insect or rodents' nests in them. Although I just watched an episode on Chopped! that included actual cricket flour as an ingredient. They mentioned that insects were a very important protein in some parts of the world. I supposed clean eating could also include stuff like washing your hands before handling food, or wearing latex gloves.

bahahahahahahahahahaha this is lovely
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I think taking a look at why some people just throw in the towel and quit is an interesting subject. In the case of the OP the only thing that we know is that food got boring and she wanted to start enjoying herself.

I think many people give up because they get "bored" with their foods. People used to think that they had to eat lettuce and carrots all the time. Some still do obviously.

No matter what eating plan that you follow food does not have to be boring nor do you have to eat the same thing day in and day out.

Hopefully...the discussion or whatever anyone wants to call it...maybe someone will come along and realize that if your food is boring...then change it.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Agreed. Chopped is also lovely.
  • KateSimpson17
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Agreed. Chopped is also lovely.

It really bugged me that there were 299 comments on this, so I've made it an even 300. Have a lovely day, everyone :)
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    301 comments now :-) I just have to add Therese comments were pretty entertaining....also I'm craving crepes now:-)