Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Well as long as you are sure you are being accurate, although its going to be hard for people to help you if one day you need it because they wont be able to see that in your logging and will assume you don't know what you are consuming and eating more then you think you are.

My diary and logging are for me, I don't mind other people looking at them, but that's how recipes are logged. There's nothing I can do about that. I weigh every single thing I put in my mouth unless I just don't have access to a scale, I am EXTREMELY accurate. I don't really need help as far as what I eat, and if I decided that I needed help I would probably mention in my post that "servings" are either based off a recipe or something actually weighed exactly what the serving size says.

Sorry but 3 servings of 'sweet crepes with strawberry filling' has way more than 309 calories and 39 grams of carbs.

Same goes for meatloaf. 3 servings for 284 calories? I don't think so.

I'm sorry but did you read the rest of my comments? I guarantee all of that is completely accurate.

Do you mind sending the recipes for the crepes and meatloaf you made?

Sure:
    Meatloaf: 6 servings (I ate 3)
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot
    46 gram egg (a medium sized egg)
    40 grams bread crumbs (Great value whole wheat)
    a little garlic, salt, and pepper (not enough to even show up on the scale)

Potatoes: 2 servings (I ate 1)
    231 grams potatoes
    23 grams butter (about 2 tbs)
    1/3 cup 1% milk
    plus a little salt and garlic for flavor

Crepes: 4 servings (I ate 3 because I burned one)
    62 grams enriched wheat flour
    49 gram egg (medium sized egg)
    1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Thanks for the recipes! The calorie counts are more believable after seeing the recipes. Each serving is obviously on the small side.

If you think those servings are small then you probably have a very skewed view of how much you should be eating. I can't see how anyone could eat more than 3 crepes with filling. The meatloaf was a total of 210 grams, and the potatoes were about 153 grams. Of course, I ate some other things for dessert... but I honestly wouldn't have eaten more than that even when I wasn't trying to lose weight.

Based on your diary, your diet is mainly comprised of carbs. You eat very little protein from what I can see. For example, crepes would never be satisfying or filling for me because they are made up of entirely carbs and little to no protein. You ate 3 breadsticks for dinner one night… I personally wouldn't call that a dinner. I like well-balanced meals with a similar ratio of carbs, protein, and fat.

I can make assumptions too.

Wow, with that attitude, please feel free to stay out of my diary :no_mouth:

People like that is why mine is private.

No one asked for a review of their diet...I guess they got one anyway.

Kind of like how I didn't ask for her to assume my view of portion sizes is skewed :)

This got out of hand when you went after her meatloaf muffins and crepes. I am not sure why that upset you so much that you ask to see the recipes to verify that she was telling the truth. Then you went in to her diary and started picking it apart.

Her recipes wasn't the topic of this thread until you made it so.

The OP hasn't been back but it would be my guess that she is eating cardboard diet food or trying to exist just eating lettuce and carrots.

I hate to see someone give up but we all make our own choices.

SHE willingly, all on her own, provided a sample of what she eats- so no, I didn't make her diet the topic of this thread.

Also, in case you missed it, I wasn't the only one who 'went after' her calorie count for 3 servings of crepes and 3 servings of meatloaf. Until she clarified and provided the recipes, it was unclear.

I put it up as an encouragement to the OP that you can still eat delicious things and things you love. Yes, other people questioned me, but YOU'RE the one who pushed the issue even though I explained a couple of times that my calorie count was completely accurate. YOU'RE the one who said I wasn't eating enough protein even though that wasn't the topic of discussion and you don't actually seem to know what you're talking about when it comes to that. and YOU'RE the one who is continuing to insist that my diet is crap even though it obviously isn't.

Just because eating what makes you happy works for you doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else. Good for you for having awesome metabolism that allows you to even have that many carbs, some people can't lose weight that easily and they actually have to do a "boring" diet. You think you're encouraging people but honestly it sounds more like bragging. You account for everything except the fact that everyones bodies work differently. If I had that many carbs, even if I worked out and had smaller portions, I'd still gain weight. So enjoy your lovely little world of sweets and carbs but I hope you realize that you're just blessed and some people can't do that. If you don't want people criticizing your diary then maybe you should make it private.

No diet has to be "boring" despite the restrictions. Restrictions to your diet however might mean that you have to be creative...it takes work...you have to be willing to do it. You can sit and feel sorry for yourself...eat boring food or you can learn...experiment with ways to make that boring food more exciting.

If you're too wrapped up in self-pity and continue to just put boring food in your mouth...then yes...I can understand why you get tired of it and just give up.

The original OP of this thread never said anything about having any medical conditions that would prohibit her from being able to eat a wide and varied menu. If you have to do so then I understand how frustrating that can be. What I don't understand is why your diet has to be boring nor why you choose to take that frustration out on others that don't.

If it makes you feel any better...I have to restrict my sodium. That can make for some very bland food. I have had to cut most processed foods...fast foods...and put heavy restrictions of some foods that I really do love to eat...pizza for one. Two slices can give me a whole days allotment for sodium.

However my diet is not boring. I have taken the time to research...learn...experiment...with different ingredients to add flavor in a different way. I have reworked recipes...searched the aisles that the store for new and exciting options. Face it...a vegetable with no sodium is pretty bland unless you find a way to bring out a new flavor.

Again...the OP said nothing about having a restricted diet...so why should our responses to her be based on as if she does. I agree with Katey...no ones food has to be boring...unless you are not willing to put in the work.

Life is what it is...we are handed things that we don't always want...such as restricted diets. You can either make the most of it...work with what ya got...OR...you can wallow in self-pity and wail about it.

I stop now...never intended to write a book...I just get tired of people whining about how hard it is. It takes work. Either do it...or don't.

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Stop dieting and make a lifestyle change.

That is it in a nutshell.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Well as long as you are sure you are being accurate, although its going to be
    Francl27 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Well as long as you are sure you are being accurate, although its going to be hard for people to help you if one day you need it because they wont be able to see that in your logging and will assume you don't know what you are consuming and eating more then you think you are.

My diary and logging are for me, I don't mind other people looking at them, but that's how recipes are logged. There's nothing I can do about that. I weigh every single thing I put in my mouth unless I just don't have access to a scale, I am EXTREMELY accurate. I don't really need help as far as what I eat, and if I decided that I needed help I would probably mention in my post that "servings" are either based off a recipe or something actually weighed exactly what the serving size says.

Sorry but 3 servings of 'sweet crepes with strawberry filling' has way more than 309 calories and 39 grams of carbs.

I'm sorry but did you read the rest of my comments? I guarantee all of that is completely accurate.

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Thanks for the recipes! The calorie counts are more believable after seeing the recipes. Each serving is obviously on the small side.

If you think those servings are small then you probably have a very skewed view of how much you should be eating. I can't see how anyone could eat more than 3 crepes with filling. The meatloaf was a total of 210 grams, and the potatoes were about 153 grams. Of course, I ate some other things for dessert... but I honestly wouldn't have eaten more than that even when I wasn't trying to lose weight.

Based on your diary, your diet is mainly comprised of carbs. You eat very little protein from what I can see. For example, crepes would never be satisfying or filling for me because they are made up of entirely carbs and little to no protein. You ate 3 breadsticks for dinner one night… I personally wouldn't call that a dinner. I like well-balanced meals with a similar ratio of carbs, protein, and fat.

I ate 3 breadsticks for dinner because I ate a really large snack and my parents surprised me by showing up at my apartment and taking me out to dinner. (and since that's a 2 hour drive for them and they just came to fix my car I couldn't really say "no") I still had 50 grams of protein that day and my daily goal is 60.

I have balanced days and weeks, not necessarily balanced meals because dinner is often the only meal I can eat at home.

Sure, I eat carbs because they're filling, but I also eat a lot of protein throughout most days.

You also have a much higher calorie goal than I do, my protein and carbs are just about on point for the amount of calories I actually consume.

I eat things I enjoy, I am healthy and consistently losing weight. I stay under my calorie goal. I meticulously weigh every single thing I eat.

Frankly, looking at your diary I feel I would be extremely bored with your diet.

The whole point of the original post is that she doesn't like having to worry about what she eats. Dieting is awful and boring, and while I love healthy food I want people to know that you don't have to have "forbidden foods" or be restrictive to lose weight and to be healthy.

I personally don't consider 50-60 grams of protein/day a lot of protein. You might- that's fine.

I eat the way I eat because I have medical conditions that require me to do so. I also eat the way I do because it makes me feel my best and keeps me out of the hospital.

No where have I said that there's anything wrong with incorporating foods you enjoy into your diet. I ALWAYS tell people to eat the foods they enjoy in moderation because eliminating foods leads to binges and yo-yo dieting.

60 grams is enough because my calorie goal is 1200. Your calorie goal appears to be 2000 so more protein is required. It's a ratio, there's NO way I could reach more than MAYBE 70 grams of protein and still stay under my calorie goal.

You're upset because I said your eating was boring, but you eat that way because you have to. So why are you condemning how I eat?

You might be surprised to learn that even though MFP does do macros by percentages, 50g of protein is the absolute minimum you should get no matter how many calories you eat. Even on a medically supervised VLCD, 50g is usually the minimum. Protein grams aren't as affected by how many calories you're allowed as you might think!

There seems to be a lot of arguing for no reason, here. She accepted that she was wrong about your meatloaf and crepes, there was no need to continue the argument by saying she has a skewed view on portion sizes. Truth is that she was right. Most average portions of those foods have a lot more calories than what you said. All she was saying was that you said it was x amount of servings but they were smaller servings than she anticipated.

ANYWAY. OP. Dieting doesn't have to be boring! You can still enjoy treats and fit them in your calories, and there are a lot of fun healthy low cal recipes out there on the internet :)

That's some US-standard the rest of the world goes meh over. Here in The Netherlands, the guideline is 0.8 grams per kilo body weight. So for me that's ~43 g a day.

I also don't have much to lose as I gained my weight by going just over maintenance pretty much every day with a bag of potato crisps. I cut that out, eat 1200 - 1300 cal as I always used to do naturally and added a work-out every day. I'm not going to take four months to lose 8 lb, tyvm. I just want to drop the weight and get on with my life, minus the crisps. So yes, for me it is a sprint. Stop faulting people who are in a situation different from yours. You have no idea what our situations are like and how our bodies react. I'll trust my doctor and dietitian, if you don't mind, and live happily off of 1200 (plus a bit on heavy exercise days) for two months so I can go back to maintenance at around 1900 calories. Your truth is not universal, okay?

And OP? Restricting sucks. And as much as it's a life style change, it will probably only feel like that once you go into maintenance. All the tools you learned while restricting should help you over indulge then. You can do this!

Your diary shows you consistently net under 1000 calories, but keep telling yourself that.

Why do you keep attacking people?

Pointing out the fact that her diary shows she nets under 1000 calories is definitely not attacking.

What's wrong with netting under 1000 calories if she's losing at a reasonable rate? The exercise calories and calorie intake calculations are estimates only, what matters is the results.

Eating under 1200 calories is unhealthy and dangerous unless under constant medical supervision. Chances are she is not and is netting under 1000 calories for fast results- as she already stated.

What matters is losing weight in a healthy manner- a manner that is sustainable and ensures adequate nutrition.

There's a big difference between netting under 1200 and eating under 1200. I see no problem with netting under 1200 with exercise for people losing at a healthy rate.

No, there isn't because essentially they still consumed under 1200 calories due to burning off x amount of calories from exercise.

If I ate 1400 calories and burned off 500 from exercise, I still consumed 1400 calories. I just created a larger deficit. Again, there's nothing wrong with that if they're losing at a reasonable rate.

You consumed 1400 calories but burned 500 of them- meaning you have a net caloric intake of 900 calories. Constantly netting 900 calories is not sustainable- whether you agree with it or not. Don't try to justify netting 900 calories because no one who has a basic understanding of nutrition will agree with you.

I think the majority of people on here have a basic understanding of nutrition, but you're the only one making these claims. Suspicious.

No actually, she's right... Especially at your age, you're probably burning muscle as much as fat eating so little.

But I'm also jealous that you can feel 'full' on so few calories. I totally get what OP is coming from, honestly. Even at maintenance, I still feel like I'm 'dieting'. Eating everything in moderation and not depriving yourself is nice and all, but half the time, if I do that, I'm starving and I get hangry. And that's with 2200 calories a day (ok, I'm back to cutting now - or at least trying to - after going in vacations and probably gaining a couple pounds). Crepes for breakfast/lunch? With no protein? I'd be starving within an hour (and my crepes are about 110-120 calories, so yeah, it seems about right).

Bottom line is that for some people, losing weight and maintaining a weight loss is much harder than just calories in, calories out. And it has nothing to do with 'doing it wrong'. It's a constant struggle to choose between eating something that will satisfy my sense of taste or something that will satisfy my stomach, basically. Because I'll never like veggies as much as I like sweets.

Very extremely true, sure I'd be full for like half an hour but my stomach would start grumbling almost instantly afterwards. Everyones bodies are DIFFERENT.

There is a bit of irony in that bolded statement. It takes larger quantities of food for you...yet you got snarky with someone that doesn't require as much. Remember...everyones bodies are DIFFERENT.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    gloria286 wrote: »
    58 years old and cant remember a time i wasn't thinking about/worrying about what i ate. Basically feast or famine!!! Enough now...watch this space!

So what do you think of all the replies?

Lots of good advice to either ignore or act on.

Before I learned how to take the advice and experience of others and adapt it to me, it always felt like a coat of paint on an old house, not a new house

I am interested in how you will take all the great ideas shared with you and construct that new house, a new way of seeing your healthy way of eating and getting some reasonable exercise to fit your body.

Go for it! It does work if you put your plan to work.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    If you eat refined carbs, a lot of sugar and empty calories, in MOST CASES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY OVERWEIGHT, you WILL STRUGGLE WITH APPETITE, PERIOD.

This is quite simply because you, like myself, are sensitive to insulin swings that those foods will affect in your body.

You eat that stupid, mindless, 100kcals snackpack.....you aren't getting significant amounts of protein or fiber or even micronutrients and you are getting carbs.

This will push your insulin up...

Your insulin will rouse your appetite....

You will sit in your cubicle sucking down gallon after gallon of Diet Coke reinforcing your need for sugar.

You maybe get a few weeks and then, at some point, you will binge.

STOP EATING EMPTY CARBS ALL DAY.

A whole lotta NOPE.

Carbs don't make you gain weight, eating more calories than you burn does. Point blank.

Everything this person wrote is wrong.

Not everything. Too many carbs (not paired with protein and fat) will indeed leave you starving. I'm all for carbs, believe me, but more often than not, if I have one of those snack bags, I will indeed be starving later and probably end up craving more carbs.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If you eat refined carbs, a lot of sugar and empty calories, in MOST CASES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY OVERWEIGHT, you WILL STRUGGLE WITH APPETITE, PERIOD.

This is quite simply because you, like myself, are sensitive to insulin swings that those foods will affect in your body.

You eat that stupid, mindless, 100kcals snackpack.....you aren't getting significant amounts of protein or fiber or even micronutrients and you are getting carbs.

You will sit in your cubicle sucking down gallon after gallon of Diet Coke reinforcing your need for sugar.

A whole lotta NOPE.

Carbs don't make you gain weight, eating more calories than you burn does. Point blank.

Not everything. Too many carbs (not paired with protein and fat) will indeed leave you starving. I'm all for carbs, believe me, but more often than not, if I have one of those snack bags, I will indeed be starving later and probably end up craving more carbs.

In what food do you have that problem?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

A whole lotta NOPE.

In what food do you have that problem?

Not sure what she meant by snack bags, but for me bagels illustrate this well:

A. Whole bagel with butter - ravenous within an hour.
    B. 1/2 bagel with cream cheese - better
    C. 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and lox - good to go for a few hours despite being lower calorie than option A

d43178967a7120c9f614190a3216dd21.png
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    If you aren't enjoying your food then you are definitely dieting and not making lifestyle changes. I don't have foods that I want to eat that are off limits, I just eat them in moderation and exercise. I greatly enjoy the food I eat, maybe even more because I don't eat unlimited amounts of it so what I do is quality and well prepared. No one is making diet though so if you would be happier eating everything you want even with the consequences, go for it.

Amen! I spent many many years not thinking about/worrying about what i ate, and such is why I'm in the boat I am now!!

I am SO ready to eat consciously, and make this how I eat from now on. Its how I should have been eating all along.

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

But that's YOU. YOU YOU YOU! Stop attributing YOUR physiological response to everyone else! Every single BODY is different in how it reacts to certain nutrients and combinations of nutrients. Just because YOU are starving with JUST carbs doesn't mean everyone else is. Jesus. This thread is ridiculous.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »

But that's YOU. YOU YOU YOU! Stop attributing YOUR physiological response to everyone else! Every single BODY is different in how it reacts to certain nutrients and combinations of nutrients. Just because YOU are starving with JUST carbs doesn't mean everyone else is. Jesus. This thread is ridiculous.

Haha, +1.

there's also a huge satiety difference between eating a bagel and a big bowl of vegetables with equivalent calories. Both are carbs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with carbs! Just pick the foods that make you feel full if you have problems with that. Again, it has nothing to do with carbs. I need to keep my carb macros near 50% to feel the best and most satiated, maybe you need 25%, just do what works for you and don't blame the macronutrients.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My feeling is that we blame ourselves for not being able to lose weight when it is our whole society that is bingeing on calorie stuffed food. A slim figure is now a rarety in most Western societies and then it is usually the wealthy with time and money to devote to being slim. Those with the discipljne to both lose it and then keep it off are very much the exceptions. All of us on MFP want to be the exception. Few of us will be because we have to daily face the onslaught of a society whose approach to food is distorted. To turn against peer pressure and a never ending temptation of processed food thrown in your face requires a lot of self love and ability to stand up to others.
    I lost 58 pounds over 18 months by counting calories and significantly stepping up my exercise. I have kept it off for another 18 months. I don't always feel like it, but I do it anyway. Fortunately I am a good cook, so my food is delicious. It is still a matter of choosing my hard. I sincerely hope I can stick with it as vanity and health are telling me it is DEFINITELY worth it.
    I am 65 and have never felt better.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    A slim figure is now a rarety in most Western societies and then it is usually the wealthy with time and money to devote to being slim.

The weird thing is that it's cheaper to be slim than to be fat, because you're going to be buying less food.

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Haha, +1.

there's also a huge satiety difference between eating a bagel and a big bowl of vegetables with equivalent calories. Both are carbs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with carbs! Just pick the foods that make you feel full if you have problems with that. Again, it has nothing to do with carbs. I need to keep my carb macros near 50% to feel the best and most satiated, maybe you need 25%, just do what works for you and don't blame the macronutrients.

Precisely. If this thread has illustrated anything, it's that each individual must find a macro combination that works best for him or her.

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Here is one article I have found about rapid weight loss...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20443094

CONCLUSION:

Collectively, findings indicate both short- and long-term advantages to fast initial weight loss. Fast weight losers obtained greater weight reduction and long-term maintenance, and were not more susceptible to weight regain than gradual weight losers.

I am not an advocate of "extreme" fast weight loss.

For myself I still have have 37lbs to go before I am in the high range of what is normal for someone with my stats. I am still trying for 2lbs a week and will continue to do so for another 20lbs. I am set for 1400 calories. I usually meet my macro/micro amounts before I hit the 1200 mark. If I am still hungry...I eat something else...if I am not...I don't. No...I don't eat back exercise calories. I use those mainly to reach my activity level.

This works for me. I am sure that someone could find fault with it but...oh well.

Weight loss /= fat loss.

But yeah, I admit I just don't get at all how people are not hangry eating 1400 calories a day. There's no way I could ever do it. Even if it was just whole foods, no treats etc... just not happening, lol!

ETA: Ok, you're 62. That's way more appropriate for you than for a 20yo who probably has a TDEE of 2600 or something...

Okay...I was just guessing at her stats...

Age 20
    5'6"
    140lb
    Moderately Active

To maintain...2200+
    To lose 2lbs a week...1200

Which fits what her calorie level is

For myself using the same calculator

Age 62
    5'6"
    191lb
    Moderately Active

To maintain...2200+
    To lose 2lbs...1200

While the age and weight are drastically different the calorie goals are the same. My calorie level is 200 above hers but I don't always eat that much. I average about 1325 daily. Yesterday...I was finished eating for the day until I looked at my food diary...I was sitting at a thousand. I had dessert to bump it up a little.

Simply because of age doesn't mean it is okay if I under eat. Actually...I think the older you get the more important it is to reach the recommended nutrient levels.

Some people think that it is harder for an older person to lose. I don't think that way. The only thing that might be "harder" for us is the fitness. Our joints on some days just have no interest in being a part of a HIIT routine.

• buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

+1
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Kind of a rude response. She only stated what works for her and I agree with her with a healthy balance of carbs/protein/fat.....chill out with the Cap Locks Lady!
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Sure:
    208 grams ground beef
    70 grams white onion
    5 grams shredded carrot

231 grams potatoes
    1/3 cup 1% milk

1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup water
    a tiny bit of salt
    12 grams butter
    3 grams raw sugar

Wow, with that attitude, please feel free to stay out of my diary :no_mouth:

People like that is why mine is private.

No one asked for a review of their diet...I guess they got one anyway.

Kind of like how I didn't ask for her to assume my view of portion sizes is skewed :)

This got out of hand when you went after her meatloaf muffins and crepes. I am not sure why that upset you so much that you ask to see the recipes to verify that she was telling the truth. Then you went in to her diary and started picking it apart.

Her recipes wasn't the topic of this thread until you made it so.

The OP hasn't been back but it would be my guess that she is eating cardboard diet food or trying to exist just eating lettuce and carrots.

I hate to see someone give up but we all make our own choices.

SHE willingly, all on her own, provided a sample of what she eats- so no, I didn't make her diet the topic of this thread.

Also, in case you missed it, I wasn't the only one who 'went after' her calorie count for 3 servings of crepes and 3 servings of meatloaf. Until she clarified and provided the recipes, it was unclear.

I put it up as an encouragement to the OP that you can still eat delicious things and things you love. Yes, other people questioned me, but YOU'RE the one who pushed the issue even though I explained a couple of times that my calorie count was completely accurate. YOU'RE the one who said I wasn't eating enough protein even though that wasn't the topic of discussion and you don't actually seem to know what you're talking about when it comes to that. and YOU'RE the one who is continuing to insist that my diet is crap even though it obviously isn't.

Just because eating what makes you happy works for you doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else. Good for you for having awesome metabolism that allows you to even have that many carbs, some people can't lose weight that easily and they actually have to do a "boring" diet. You think you're encouraging people but honestly it sounds more like bragging. You account for everything except the fact that everyones bodies work differently. If I had that many carbs, even if I worked out and had smaller portions, I'd still gain weight. So enjoy your lovely little world of sweets and carbs but I hope you realize that you're just blessed and some people can't do that. If you don't want people criticizing your diary then maybe you should make it private.

Weight loss is all about CICO. My metabolism doesn't have anything to do with it. ANYONE could eat nothing but carbs and still lose weight if their intake is less than outtake, but it wouldn't necessarily be healthy. I'm sorry, but this post is incredibly rude and uneducated. None of what I have said is anywhere close to bragging, it is all scientific FACT.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Apparently the OP has issues with being hungry as well, which is why people recommended less carbs and more protein and fat (which, by the way, is not just ME, but a few people, and is a pretty common piece of advice on these forums). I understand your confusion though, it's probably shocking at this point that someone actually posted something that could be relevant to the original post!