Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    hey thoughts on this:
    Star Wars land is coming to Disneyland

eta: posting about star wars while wearing a star wars shirt currently lol

Funny you mention that. Look what's behind me exactly at this moment.

u33w75jaw1qc.jpg
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm done. Going to bed lol. Later.
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Shame on me for never asking this one....

Who is your all time favorite Super Hero? They can be from anywhere, doesn't have to be strictly from Marvel or DC. They can be from a tv show, book, wherever. All you have to do is explain why your super hero is so dope! :)

Hiro from Heroes!!

j2104jiofjdf.gif

I think the picture says it all. I love Hiro as he is such a complete dork. He is truly courageous too as he is genuinely scared and that is the only way true courage takes place. He has a genuine and kind heart. As a superhero he is not only a hero in his powers but also in his soul.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    nice!

my shirt (just woke up :) )

4p8euamnezdn.jpg

Side note ^^^^ You are ridiculously pretty!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I completely agree, @FatAsianNerd you completely won the thread today. You have mad skills!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Who is your all time favorite Super Hero? They can be from anywhere, doesn't have to be strictly from Marvel or DC. They can be from a tv show, book, wherever. All you have to do is explain why your super hero is so dope! :)

Hiro from Heroes!!

j2104jiofjdf.gif

I think the picture says it all. I love Hiro as he is such a complete dork. He is truly courageous too as he is genuinely scared and that is the only way true courage takes place. He has a genuine and kind heart. As a superhero he is not only a hero in his powers but also in his soul.

He looks amazing! Now I've heard mixed reviews, is Heroes worth getting into?
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Hiro from Heroes!!

j2104jiofjdf.gif

Oh absolutely, take it with a pinch of salt, it is very comic-bookesque which you should enjoy. It came out at the same time as 4400 and had similarities with the whole super powers side of things. Both are amazing shows, heroes has some brilliant characters and baddies! Sylar - Eeeeeek!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Just as a reminder everyone, if you like this thread come check out the group! <3

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108219-calling-all-freaks-geeks-and-dweebs-part-deux
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Hiro from Heroes!!

j2104jiofjdf.gif

Oh absolutely, take it with a pinch of salt, it is very comic-bookesque which you should enjoy. It came out at the same time as 4400 and had similarities with the whole super powers side of things. Both are amazing shows, heroes has some brilliant characters and baddies! Sylar - Eeeeeek!

Alright my good sir, I will take your word for it.
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Sweet, you have a great show to watch there. This is my list of 'must check out' geeky shows. Nobody will like them all but all deserve a try for a season IMO

Heroes
    FRINGE!
    Red Dwarf <3
    Supernatural
    The Vampire Diaries/The Originals
    FireFly
    Lost
    Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (New)
    Star Treks
    Star Gates
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    LOVE Supernatural!
    LOVE Fringe!
    LOVE FireFly!
    Seen Lost and still am lost.
    I could not get into The Vampire Diaries. It reminded me too much of Twilight (sorry to all Twilight fans in here!) and I just could not take it seriously.
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    LOVE Supernatural!
    LOVE Fringe!
    LOVE FireFly!
    I could not get into The Vampire Diaries. It reminded me too much of Twilight (sorry to all Twilight fans in here!) and I just could not take it seriously.

Hahaha yeah I Lost interest the first time I watched Lost too, was still pretty interesting so it squeezed onto my list :)

I totally get what you mean with TVD, it is a bit younger and normally I like darker the better, I was in a lull with nothing to watch though so got into it. The Originals is much better IMO as it is more adult although not sure it would make as much sense to start with without the back story.

Who is your favourite character from Fringe? From Supernatural? Also if I sent you to a desert island tomorrow and you could only take one of the two shows with you, which would you take?
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    LOVE Supernatural!
    LOVE Fringe!
    LOVE FireFly!

Hahaha yeah I Lost interest the first time I watched Lost too, was still pretty interesting so it squeezed onto my list :)

I totally get what you mean with TVD, it is a bit younger and normally I like darker the better, I was in a lull with nothing to watch though so got into it. The Originals is much better IMO as it is more adult although not sure it would make as much sense to start with without the back story.

Who is your favourite character from Fringe? From Supernatural? Also if I sent you to a desert island tomorrow and you could only take one of the two shows with you, which would you take?

^^^ Why do you have to hurt my feelings like that.... that's like asking a mother which child is her favorite! *runs away wailing*

Lol jk, but Astrid had my heart soooo much in Fringe. She was the one that took care of everyone in her own way. <3<3<3

Supernatural? Hmmm... Probably Bobby. I get emotional when I think of him, but Castiel is a really close second.
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    LOVE Supernatural!
    LOVE Fringe!
    LOVE FireFly!

^^^ Why do you have to hurt my feelings like that.... that's like asking a mother which child is her favorite! *runs away wailing*

Lol jk, but Astrid had my heart soooo much in Fringe. She was the one that took care of everyone in her own way. <3<3<3

Supernatural? Hmmm... Probably Bobby. I get emotional when I think of him, but Castiel is a really close second.

Hahaha it is but if a truck was about to hit and she could only grab one, she would :pensive:
    Astrid or Astro or Acid or my favourite - Ostrich was such a sweet character, though no-one can top Walter in my book.

Bobby is an interesting choice! He is a great character in there though, I can see why you like him. I think you already know that Cas is my favourite :)
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    LOVE Supernatural!
    LOVE Fringe!
    LOVE FireFly!

Trick question. Obviously you should take Lost so you can use it as your island survival manual. Sheesh...
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    flinx1241 wrote: »
    LOVE Supernatural!
    LOVE Fringe!
    LOVE FireFly!

Trick question. Obviously you should take Lost so you can use it as your island survival manual. Sheesh...

Erm, do you realise how many of them died xD I think that would be a bad survival manual :p
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    I came across this old picture I had saved from a while back, it was something that really helped pull me out of a slump I was feeling today. It isn't really geeky buy I've found my fellow geeks tend to be the more thoughtful types so thought I would share it here too in the hopes some of you might enjoy it :)

egoy978879tv.jpg