Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Get Your Ink Out

Options

Replies

• kayla_siboni
    kayla_siboni Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    b8j4fs1f9l61.jpeg
  • MRSLJ1975
    MRSLJ1975 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    ygyiy7228hy4.jpeg
    1 of many
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    2OGDVAW.jpg

New Dib tattoo, Lenore tattoo is a few years old. Eventually this will all come together (other tattoos on previous pages) into a sleeve and not just a random assortment of tattoos. Bottom half of arm will be underground comic/cartoon characters themed and the top half of the sleeve will be Sandman themed (Neil Gaiman) The Endless, characters from the Dreaming etc

ETA:Thoroughly enjoying seeing people share their ink.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    There's some really incredible ink in here!

This is my only one, but my next one is booked for a month from now!

92hcyo91tlfk.jpg
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    l2lBGsy.png
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    A Phoenix, I like it cos there's no outline. It's red orange and yellow, and hard to get a pic of haha No really story behind it when I got it but it means something to me now gyisng482130.jpg

Very nice! How long have you had it? I hope those colors don't fade over time very much!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    The actual paw prints of deceased pets. Maybe slightly morbid but these mean the world to me, as did my pets zb4vwvtlq7gx.jpg

I love this idea...I wish I had thought about it before. It's too late for my previous pets, but I will be sure to take paw prints now from my two Yorkies, who are 11 years old. Thank you for the great idea!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    lilaude wrote: »
    1dr5isnzfpng.jpg

Had the dragon done first just because. Recently added the shield with initial of last name. The vine is the infinity symbol with the word love and my boys' names. The flowers are their birth month flower.

Definitely not what one would consider a tramp stamp! Great idea, and it looks like it is well done!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    b4vghkm5boq8.jpg

This is one of my 10. It's my favorite. The zodiac symbol in the middle of the wings was my husband's. I got it a couple months after we met. After he passed away last year, I added the wings and my pet name for him.

That's a great memorial to him that you will carry forever. Nicely done.
  • bdgfn
    Options
    There's a TV show called Bad Ink, on the A&E channel, or you can get it on Hulu, I think. The artists here cover up really bad tattoos. The stories are sometimes hysterically funny. And the artwork these artists produce is phenomenal.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    @sabrinasmith7

Just in case you are interested in sharing
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    @sabrinasmith7

hasn't she posted here already?
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In honour of my mom after she passed away from Cancer. Got the writing from the last birthday card I got from her. :'(

6185oddu0jq4.jpg
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    @sabrinasmith7

hasn't she posted here already?

I don't know. Just saw her reference a tattoo in the Selfie thread and wasn't sure if she knew about this one.

You know I am old and forgetful Diane.
  • _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are overrated.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    _EPIC_ wrote: »
    Tattoos are overrated.

i second this
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Tattoos are overrated.

no, they are just ignorant to place something on your temple that does not belong to you. Just an act of desecration.

Tread lightly on this thread with that opinion.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Tattoos are overrated.

no, they are just ignorant to place something on your temple that does not belong to you. Just an act of desecration.

it's true face tattoos are just a bit over the top
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are a personal choice. I think if you have something you want, giver. Know it's a lifetime decision and do as you please. Some people like their tattoos to be meaningful, some want it to be 'just' art, some find a way to incorporate both.

Granted, they're much more common nowadays than say - 30 years ago. But I don't think it makes them overrated. I think it makes the controversy about them overrated.

My $0.02