attractiveness

Options
124»

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I like D3 and D4. Functionally strong-looking.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have been attracted to, and dated ladies representative from various physical types. What draws me initially, is a lady's personality and heart. A lady who knows where she is going and what she wants out of life is attractive. A lady who likes to be challenged mentally and physically is attractive. A lady who can challenge me, make me laugh, isn't afraid to call me out when needed, and a lady who isn't afraid to be vulnerable with me, is attractive.

I am not physically perfect and I don't believe in holding someone else to a higher standard. Looks are part of the attraction. At the same time, looks are but a small part of who we are as individuals.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    My take away from this thread is I should look into limb lengthening surgery. That's going to be expensive.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    hi, I was wondering despite the popularity of stick thin models etc, what do men and women really look for in body shape of their partner? Comment below your preferences, and I personally prefer healthy with slight muscular definition:)

body shape of my partner.....i have been with my partner since he was 20. he is VERY muscular now and weighs about 60 pounds more than he did when we met (muscle, some fat) (keeping in mind, we are 44 now...)
    i prefer him the way he is now. has more "meat on his bones" muscular and very broad shoulders. can pick me up. yum - wish he would come home early today! :blush:

***in the above photo, he looks like the 10-12% guy

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Can we get that chart but for men?
    There's also this:
    W5ZAqro.jpg

D3 is the hottest of the bunch, followed by D4...IMO, of course.

I think that chart is wrong about women's ideal. I don't think most women are looking for that. Not most women I've known, anyway.

I agree with the bold. D3 and D4 are the ones I'm most attracted to on that chart. My husband is currently between D2 and D3 and working on gaining muscle and it's hot.

I think what the chart claims as most women's ideal is what is currently fashionable for men's figures not really what most women are attracted to.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My take away from this thread is I should look into limb lengthening surgery. That's going to be expensive.

Is that because of all the height references? No worries. I always claimed to like tall guys. My current guy (and love of my life-future husband) is 5'6" and I'm 5'7" and yet he landed me.

And I'm *kitten* fabulous, so...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Someone for everyone!

I have a close friend who is 5'6" and small boned. He is a little insecure (well, a lot, actually, it's kind of annoying at times, lol) about it and spends more time than most people trying to make his muscles bigger. He has a lot of muscle for his size, but he's just never going to be a big guy.

He still found the love of his life.

You will, too. :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

Is that because of all the height references? No worries. I always claimed to like tall guys. My current guy (and love of my life-future husband) is 5'6" and I'm 5'7" and yet he landed me.

And I'm *kitten* fabulous, so...

Yep, my hubs is 5'10, which is not even close to my preference in height. He managed to get my attention regardless, somehow, though... :)

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Someone for everyone!

I have a close friend who is 5'6" and small boned. He is a little insecure (well, a lot, actually, it's kind of annoying at times, lol) about it and spends more time than most people trying to make his muscles bigger. He has a lot of muscle for his size, but he's just never going to be a big guy.

He still found the love of his life.

You will, too. :)

Second this - also, check your assumptions. I have been rejected by shorter guys.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My takeaway from this thread is show a group of women anything and they will turn it into a shopping expedition

:bigsmile:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My takeaway from this thread is show a group of women anything and they will turn it into a shopping expedition

:bigsmile:

That is definitely the most universal truth in this thread, haha.

And re: tall men, I personally don't prefer tall. Granted, I'm average height for a woman at 5'4" so I very rarely even meet adult men shorter than I, and most men of average height are still quite a bit taller than I am. I dated plenty of men in that 5'7" - 5'10" range before my husband and never considered it a bad thing. Build is definitely more important to me if we're talking purely superficial stuff.
  • dfavela1988
    dfavela1988 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    When i was in high school, (6'2 180 15-17% bf) girls loved that thin 6pack guy at that time. Now, dating, ( 6'4 260 26% bf thicker) i see that women love that even more especially when they see my older pics. No clear cut answer or preference for anyone.

For myself i love a women with nice legs and of course a nice round behind physically and a great personality to match that behind of course. All preference. Even now (still dating) you get different answers no matter what.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't mind much as long as she lifts or does crossfit or runs or is somehow active. :3 also with a pretty face yay
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    LOL at at the height replies.
    People, if I'm not posting science, my post is usually a joke.
  • Crhan05
    Crhan05 Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I started to ask this very same question
  • Crhan05
    Options
    I find muscles attractive on men. I love a good sense of humor and a good personality.
  • Crhan05
    Options
    I think my curves are nice on me but, hanging around my skinnier friends and them making comments on girls my size makes me insecure. So I'm insecure most of the time. So I'm interested to know if men find women who have no curves attractive or women with curves attractive. (I envy skinny girls)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    W5ZAqro.jpg

I am somewhere in that C line, like a 2 or 3.
    Honestly, I would rather be in the B line, like a 2