• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a diet.

I eat whatever what I want to eat.
  • jcarouth
    jcarouth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm eating ketogenic right now because it really forces me to think about what I'm eating and requires great attention to macros and ingredients. I hope that those skills I build while eating this way will help me going forward to not become a statistic.
  • Fannyshiz
    Fannyshiz Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I eat whatever I want if it fits within my allotted daily calories. Sometimes I eat back all my exercise calories and sometimes only partial. I've lost 26 lbs in 4 months
  • bothaalicia100
    bothaalicia100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just using my mfp , so basically eating as healthy as possible and checking my kilojoules and that seems to be working
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    For the most part I eat a whole foods diet. I say for the most part, because to be honest I eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calorie goals for the day. But my main diet is made up of whole unpacked foods such as fresh chicken, steak, fish, fruit and vegetables. Make no mistake I don't do this to loose weight or because I'm trying to be super healthy or anything. This is just how I eat normally. I BBQ a meat and I steam a vegetable and I eat fruit for my snacks. That's how I've always eaten...the problem is I was overeating. Now instead of a 16 oz steak I have a 8 oz steak and so on and so on.

My advice to you would be to simply eat what you've always eaten just eat smaller portions of those foods. And then here and there try and pick out some healthier food options as you go along. Don't do anything too drastic to your diet. Just stick to your calorie goal and start moving a little bit more than you did before. Do that and you will lose the weight. The absolute best diet for you is the one you can stick to long term.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic diet ftw. 30 lbs in 7 weeks. Lift weights and follow macros with a reasonable deficit. Its easy peasy, and gg to fat
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No specific diet. I don't really believe in "diets"--something about named diets really bug me, so I tend to have a negative reaction to them, and anyone who claims you have to eat specific foods or combinations of food to lose weight is lying.

Instead, I try to eat a generally nutritious diet (in theory I did this before trying to lose weight too, but I'm more consistent now, because I cook at home more and rely on ordering Indian food less, and have improved my breakfast a lot). I also figured out my maintenance calories (or let MFP estimate them) and ate below them, while working on becoming more active (or returning to a prior level of activity, as my weight gain was connected to becoming sedentary).

I pay some attention to my macros, and have experimented with what makes me feel best and most satisfied, although I'm not particularly focused on them beyond making sure my protein is where I think it should be.

I've lost 95 lbs and am basically at goal, although I'm planning to lose some more fat and eventually gain some muscle.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    No specific diet. I try to eat a generally nutritious diet (in theory I did this before trying to lose weight too, but I'm more consistent now, because I cook at home more and rely on ordering Indian food less, and have improved my breakfast a lot). I also figured out my maintenance calories (or let MFP estimate them) and ate below them, while working on becoming more active (or returning to a prior level of activity, as my weight gain was connected to becoming sedentary).

I pay some attention to my macros, and have experimented with what makes me feel best and most satisfied, although I'm not particularly focused on them beyond making sure my protein is where I think it should be.

I've lost 95 lbs and am basically at goal, although I'm planning to lose some more fat and eventually gain some muscle.

...stupid yummy Indian food
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    For the most part I eat a whole foods diet. I say for the most part, because to be honest I eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calorie goals for the day. But my main diet is made up of whole unpacked foods such as fresh chicken, steak, fish, fruit and vegetables. Make no mistake I don't do this to loose weight or because I'm trying to be super healthy or anything. This is just how I eat normally. I BBQ a meat and I steam a vegetable and I eat fruit for my snacks. That's how I've always eaten...the problem is I was overeating. Now instead of a 16 oz steak I have a 8 oz steak and so on and so on.

My advice to you would be to simply eat what you've always eaten just eat smaller portions of those foods. And then here and there try and pick out some healthier food options as you go along. Don't do anything too drastic to your diet. Just stick to your calorie goal and start moving a little bit more than you did before. Do that and you will lose the weight. The absolute best diet for you is the one you can stick to long term.

That kind of makes me cringe. I have touched my steamer in years now that I've discovered roasting for my veggies. I just like the flavor so much better. The last time I pulled out my steamer, it's because a friend wanted to cook boudain. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of it because it's just taking up space...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    No specific diet. I try to eat a generally nutritious diet (in theory I did this before trying to lose weight too, but I'm more consistent now, because I cook at home more and rely on ordering Indian food less, and have improved my breakfast a lot). I also figured out my maintenance calories (or let MFP estimate them) and ate below them, while working on becoming more active (or returning to a prior level of activity, as my weight gain was connected to becoming sedentary).

...stupid yummy Indian food

;-)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My own diet works for me. :) It worked for 3 years for me to lose 85 pounds, then it worked for 5 years to maintain. Your diet can also evolve over time. Each one of us is different with our health and body chemistry, so there is no one diet. Experiment until you find YOUR diet. Those diets don't really work because for the most part they are unsustainable. Why not just cherry pick from various diets with foods you like, within your calorie goal for the day. Focus on protein and veggies, add in just enough fat/carbs for energy. Change it up slightly every day until you find what makes you feel best and perform best and sleep good at night.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I follow the "eat anything you want, but not everything at once, and not all the time, and be less lazy" program. The name should be self-explanatory. I like it because I love food and I'm lazy.

I lost 45 pounds in one year, and five more while easing into maintenance.

Love this. Absolutely. The thing is what works for some doesn't work for others. I think you just need to dabble in a little this and that and find what works for you but always ask yourself "can I make these changes forever?" If the answer is no... then stop. You are setting yourself up for failure in the long run. Hence, I still have 1-2 glasses of wine pretty much every day.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm not following a diet. I've made lifestyle changes that mean I exercise 5-7 times a week and try to eat less than I burn most days (weekends I drift over one day or the other usually) but no food is off limits I just try to be sensible (actually Pringles & Jaffa Cakes are kind of off limits as I can't eat either in moderation LOL). I've lost about 140lbs since Apr-13 and have about 15-20lbs to go.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Another CICO here. I'm 5ft5 and started 2015 at 203lbs, today I'm 179. My weight loss might be slow for some but I'm losing on 1500 a day and I often go over, and I definitely haven't cut any foods from my diet completely. I just have smaller portions, make better choices and have high calorie foods less often.
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use the ELMM* lifesyle change diet.

*Eat Less Move More.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

That kind of makes me cringe. I have touched my steamer in years now that I've discovered roasting for my veggies. I just like the flavor so much better. The last time I pulled out my steamer, it's because a friend wanted to cook boudain. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of it because it's just taking up space...

When you misread the bolded as 'Bourdain', this sentence takes on a whole new meaning.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    CICO! I skip breakfast as I'm not hungry but have a coffee with creamer at around 9am. I then have lunch at around 400-500 calories. My problem was when I got home from work, I'd be starving and eat everything so I make sure I have a snack at 4pm. Usually a piece of fruit or 90 calorie fibre 1 bar. I have a 400-500 calorie meal at around 6 or 7pm. I LOVE to snack after dinner so I make room for nutella on toast and a glass of milk. My days are usually around 1300-1400 calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    spatulamom wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »

When you misread the bolded as 'Bourdain', this sentence takes on a whole new meaning.

Ha, well considering the typo, probably not hard to misread. Although if I had Mr. Bourdain in my kitchen, I wouldn't be steaming him; I'd be grilling him for tips and recipes! :laugh:
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    SJCP190815 wrote: »
    I have tried Slimming World, and I've tried Calorie Counting BUT what diet works for you and why? What does is it consist of? How much weight have you lost, and how long did it take you to loose it?

I'm down 19Lbs so far. I eat around 1500 Kcal a day, I am avoiding foods with added sugar and eating moderate carbs
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    AlinaMek wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)
    I started 2 weeks ago with the Leptin Diet. I wish to loose 21lbs and lost until now 3.3 lbs.
    In the first week it was really difficult, but since 3 days I don't feel cravings anymore ;)

The 5 rules of the Leptin Diet:
    Rule 1: Never eat after dinner.
    Rule 2: Eat three meals a day.
    Rule 3: Do not eat large meals.
    Rule 4: Eat a breakfast containing protein.
    Rule 5: Reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten.

Apparently I'm doing the anti leptin diet
    1. I always eat after dinner. I call it dessert.
    2. I eat two meals a day.
    3. Both meals are big. One bigger.(dinner)
    4. I eat no breakfast.
    5. I. Love. Carbs.