Is juice REALLY that caloric? 320 for just 15 oz?

Options
13»

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Truth. Eat over today and chalk it up as "lesson learned". A shot glass is a more realistic portion for juice.
    Shot glass is an excellent idea. Wasting it on juice, not so much, unless you let it ferment.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't drink my calories for that reason. Not worth it to me. If I want a break from water, I have some almond or cashew milk. Sometimes I will make a smoothie.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    eric2light wrote: »
    @RodaRose Wow, I just made a simple smoothie with a pear, a banana and some and some soy milk and ice... really seemed like eating ice cream. I think I will eat it with a spoon and treat it like an ice cream snack. I can really fool myself into having much of the "ice cream experience" for roughly 232 calories. And I'm eating fresh fruit!

Does this give anyone ideas to share?
    All frozen fruit would work. Raw cashews have a good texture for these. Checkout the baking aisle for cocoa powder, mint flavoring almond flavoring, vanilla flavoring, cinnamon, and other flavorings. Most are calorie free except for cinnamon and cocoa powder. (I like cinnamon and chocolate powder in the same smoothie.)
    This blog has good recipes that can be modified:
    http://www.mindbodygreen.com/juices-and-smoothies
    x5p0g6kar0if.png