Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    My peeve? People that use French incorrectly.

Thank you. Faux Pas
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm with OP, I look like a whale in a maxi dress. Although I always love it on others.

But how bout those jean shirts with..wait for it...jeans!! lol
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I must be weird because the four fashion don'ts that I mentioned are really all I can think of. Do I see people wearing things that make me go :huh: :noway: ? Sure but I'm not into the latest fashions or trends. If I like it and it looks good on me I will buy it and wear it.

With that said I actually was a Fashion 'don't' In Glamor magazine :blushing: :laugh: It had more to do with my posture than the outfit though.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love leggings, but not without a long shirt/tunic/sweater dress to cover the *kitten*. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. If you're fully clothed and I can see the outline of your vagina, something is wrong.

Twisted bra straps.

Socks with sandals.

Too tight underwear under a clingy dress.

Boobs out at work. Save them for the bar. Or better yet, your husband.

LOL, I'm with you on the socks and sandals thing 100%..... Guilty of the twisted bra strap.... at least I have it on!:laugh:

Boobs out at work, yeah not a fan especially when the dental assisting is leaning over me.... ah hellooooooo...... Yes, I realized the dentist is hot but !!!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

^^^ This...
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just can't stand it when girls (they are usually young, although I have seen this with older women too...aaahahhhhh.....) don't know how to put pants on over underwear.
    You can tell they have some sort of wedgie because half their underwear is bunched up at the top of the back of the jeans. AND THEIR SHIRT DOESN'T COVER IT. Seriously!! Tuck your damn underwear in!! WTF!!?

And then there are those who wear underwear with a higher waist than their jeans! Dude.

Step 1: Buy a mirror.
    Step 2: dump your friends and get new ones. CLEARLY they want you to look bad.
    Step 3: Learn how to wear pants.

:noway: :grumble:

I guess it's not really a fashion trend, but it's definitely something I see a lot and drives me crazy.

Although someone mentioned those "diaper pants". EW. That's all I have to say about those..... I saw them in France a few years ago. It was the summer before I saw them here in magazines. I thought they were ugly then, and still do... Lol Might as well also call them "saggy butt pants"....
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Not judging, but I personally hate uggs with a mini-skirt or shorts. It always happens in the spring or fall here. Something about that combo screams "daddy issues".
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Any kind of boots with shorts.
    Sagging: I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet.
    Wearing clothes too small just so you can say you wear them.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I HATE skinny jeans on guys, especially when they wear them below their *kitten* cheeks. Just no.

I am not a fan of peplum.

I HATE HATE HATE the "half-tuck" thing that J.Crew has popularized. It looks like you woke up drunk and failed to get dressed all the way.

aawhatiwore2.png

I am just hating J.Crew in general these days. They used to have great, somewhat affordable clothing, and then Jenna Lyons took over the brand, and now they sell $700 sequined skirts ... because you can never have too many of those.

I agree and am sending a friend request..... I am a peplum hater too DOWN with peplums
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Diaper pants

rs_293x473-130408105847-634.Halle.Justin.mh.040813.jpg

Those are Hammer Pants and they weren't cool when MC Hammer wore them and they certainly aren't cool now!
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Any kind of boots with shorts.

Cowboy boots look really cute with a nice pair of jean shorts.
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Not judging, but I personally hate uggs with a mini-skirt or shorts. It always happens in the spring or fall here. Something about that combo screams "daddy issues".

:huh:
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    blue-forever21-blazer-gray-victorias-secret-top-zara-shorts-black-stocking_400.jpg

Not gunna lie, I think this girl's outfit is cute! lol, but I'm into all sorts of fashion so maybe that's why?

I also love leggings and maxi dresses.

I'm not the type of person who dislikes particular styles of clothing, but more perhaps the way people WEAR those styles. I think Halle Berry looked FAB in the "diaper pants", but I thought JB looked crazy.

I agree with the person who mentioned muffin tops -- I can't stand that!

And while I love leggings, I don't like to see peoples' bare butts in them lol. Put on a long shirt or something!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I pretty much hate all clothing in any regular store today. I try to go shopping and vomit on every rack. I used to like the old bohemian style.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I really liked flare jeans. I can't find any normally. Usually all I see are neon colored skinny jeans...blech. Everything is straight or very narrow bootcut.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I am just hating J.Crew in general these days. They used to have great, somewhat affordable clothing, and then Jenna Lyons took over the brand, and now they sell $700 sequined skirts ... because you can never have too many of those.

Ughh, Thank you. They totally ruined J Crew and the quality has totally slipped as well.

As for me, I really don't like dirty flip flops that are worn around town as actual shoes. That's gross. Those or for the beach, the pool, and the shower. Buy some real shoes.
  • salydra
    salydra Posts: 29
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I pretty much hate all clothing in any regular store today. I try to go shopping and vomit on every rack. I used to like the old bohemian style.

Shop at Free People
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

:flowerforyou:

That used to PEAK my interest but now it's just a tired CLEESHAY
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The WEDGE shoe... It's the Mullet Of shoes.. Heel from the front, sideview.. BAM CORK!