Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    There are a lot. For now I am sick of: bow ties, studs, flip-flops, Ed Hardy clothing, t-shirts with dumb jokes on them. But especially flip-flops.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Diaper pants

rs_293x473-130408105847-634.Halle.Justin.mh.040813.jpg

Those are Hammer Pants and they weren't cool when MC Hammer wore them and they certainly aren't cool now!

LOL--- That's called Neglect .. whoever his mother is should be ashamed!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that wears tights as leggings. Then she throws on a sweater that goes just below the butt. Um..... Those are TIGHTS. And they are tight on her. It looks like she squeezed into her size 2 cheerleader daughter's tights. She's like a size 10. So they basically look almost sheer. :noway:

Then there are these other tights. And they are tights. Not leggings. They are not cute and are not meant to be worn as PANTS!! She wears them as pants with a tank top and long cardigan. Um... NO.

I try to tell her. She doesn't like to hear it.....:grumble:

She wears these things to work.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    People who refuse who wear clothes that don't fit .
    The best advice is Just because they make it in your size it doesn't mean you should wear it.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    blue-forever21-blazer-gray-victorias-secret-top-zara-shorts-black-stocking_400.jpg
    Stocking with jean shorts.... really?
    I also can stand the white tank top and the small tight sweater look.. tried to find it on google but it is just so horrible it is not even on google.. :laugh:

I hate those styles

Honestly? I think that look could be really cute with the right shirt and a pair of scrunched down boots.

Yea, I rock that look all the time with distressed motorcycle boots
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    How about those super tiny cropped vests that some people where? I dont even know what it's called except GOD AWFUL

Hells.Kitchen.S11E01.jpg
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Not judging, but I personally hate uggs with a mini-skirt or shorts. It always happens in the spring or fall here. Something about that combo screams "daddy issues".

Sad... you must not live somewhere very cold? I wear my Uggs with everything... especially when winter lasts 8 months of the year!

BUT: I do not wear shorts
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I hate regular bras with racer back tanks, or strapless tops! UGH! :explode:
  • junejadesky
    Options
    I love my yoga pants, however I dislike when women wear their old worn out yoga pants to class!! I am a yoga teacher and guess what ladies?? You can see RIGHT through those in the crotch area!! Yep, right through them!! Makes for an interest class
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    Not judging, but I personally hate uggs with a mini-skirt or shorts. It always happens in the spring or fall here. Something about that combo screams "daddy issues".

Sad... you must not live somewhere very cold? I wear my Uggs with everything... especially when winter lasts 8 months of the year!

Sorry. I live in Boston and Uggs have been hideous in all temperatures.
  • junejadesky
    Options

Sorry. I live in Boston and Uggs have been hideous in all temperatures.

I do have to say I have seem some pretty horrible combinations here also. I would never wear my Uggs with shorts that is for sure! AND I always be sure to wear the right color Ugg for the outfit!!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hate all clothing in any regular store today. I try to go shopping and vomit on every rack. I used to like the old bohemian style.

Thank you!! I'm not alone. I leave a store these days just shaking my head, thinking WTF did I just see?!? Bring back the normal jeans and normal shirts!! For the love of all that's holy!
  • lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    socks with sandals -- or socks with mules
    summer shoes should NOT have socks worn with them!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options

I think you are looking too far into this.
  • junejadesky
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add Crocs. Can they just go away?
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dress shirt tucked in - with no belt. "I care, just not very much."
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm with OP, I look like a whale in a maxi dress. Although I always love it on others.

But how bout those jean shirts with..wait for it...jeans!! lol

*Canadian tuxedo
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I pretty much hate all clothing in any regular store today. I try to go shopping and vomit on every rack. I used to like the old bohemian style.

Thank you!! I'm not alone. I leave a store these days just shaking my head, thinking WTF did I just see?!? Bring back the normal jeans and normal shirts!! For the love of all that's holy!

I honestly don't even know where to shop anymore. A fellow MFP'er suggested Free People...but I can't be spending $70-$90 on a shirt.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my low rise jeans. I am short waisted and anything with a high waist band makes me look like I'm about 82 with my pants pulled up to my boobs!

Amen, sister! I wore men's jeans when I was a teen because the low rises hadn't "come back" yet....

ditto! washed my brother's jeans with a red shirt to make the stiching have a hue so that he would relinquish them to me!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    Dress shirt tucked in - with no belt. "I care, just not very much."

That one kills me.