5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Options

Replies

• katyyydidd
    katyyydidd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently at 180 lbs, the largest I've ever been. About two years ago I was going to the gym, doing the C25k plan, and eating healthier and tracking everything with MFP, and was able to get down to 140, and lost 2 pant sizes. I'm hoping to have such success again, even through the winter! Today is my first day cutting out fast food, mountain dew is next, so long as I do the fast food for a month! (One thing at a time.) Feel free to add me, I'd love to keep up with everyones progress for motivation!
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    victal wrote: »

5ft 2 here, my heaviest was 140lb on the left, now 120lb on the right

You look PHENOM! What did you do to get so little?
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    blb85 wrote: »
    victal wrote: »

5ft 2 here, my heaviest was 140lb on the left, now 120lb on the right

You look PHENOM! What did you do to get so little?

Thank you
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I train in mixed martial arts, karate twice a week, jujitsu once a week and boxing and I use my punchbag in my spare time!!

• blthor123
    blthor123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you! You are a great inspiration!
  • riaraj2
    riaraj2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    in
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    great job short sisters. I'm about halfway to my goal. Feels so good to get this weight off.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am 5" 2.5". Started from 168.5 on May 1st. I have lost 20 lbs so far. I weight train 7 days a week and do cardio about two-three times a week in addition. I use programs on bodybuilding.com, which is a superb website for this purpose. They have an app where you can track your workouts. The programs are for all levels, be it a beginner lifter or professional bodybuilder.
    I am not losing too fast as I am older and don't necessarily want to get all wrinkly from fast loss.
    Weight lifting is really beneficial. I still have 29 lbs more to go but my body is really toned up and I feel mentally different too.
    Before I started my journey, I got tired just by walking around 20 minutes. I was huffing and puffing going up a flight of stairs. Or my shoulders got tired folding laundry. Not to mention vanity issues that I couldn't wear my nice clothes.
    So, OP, go for lifting. It will change your body for the better.
  • shayswife
    shayswife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love it! short girls getting fit!! 5'3" high of 173 pounds..started losing a long time ago. 18 months ago weighed around 163...been working on getting that off. Took up running and now I"m a junkie. Signing up for my first half marathon for my 45th birthday present from my hubs :) Currently at 136 pounds. Working on toning and wherever I land from here is fine. I'm happy with my size, just want to be a lean, mean, running machine.
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I started in January and I've lost just under 20lbs. I'm 5'2" and currently weight about 120lbs! Definitely starting to lean up more. I'd like to be more around 118lbs. Feel free to add me I have logged on for over 200 days!!
  • deannster1
    deannster1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    shayswife wrote: »
    Love it! short girls getting fit!! 5'3" high of 173 pounds..started losing a long time ago. 18 months ago weighed around 163...been working on getting that off. Took up running and now I"m a junkie. Signing up for my first half marathon for my 45th birthday present from my hubs :) Currently at 136 pounds. Working on toning and wherever I land from here is fine. I'm happy with my size, just want to be a lean, mean, running machine.

Love your motivation! Way to go!

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my stats are
    SW 180 lbs (82kgs)
    CW 156lbs (71kgs)
    GW 110lbs (50kgs)

I lift weights every second day and run on the other days
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Ps add me if you like
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    deannster1 wrote: »
    shayswife wrote: »

Love your motivation! Way to go!

Out stats are almost completely the same! I am 5'3" and started at 173 this past January. I am now at 129/130. I also think to myself wherever I land from here is fine and I am so much more happy with ME!!! I just want to tone and have a flat belly. Seems no matter how small I get it is never flat. But no matter. With clothes on I'm thrilled. I am weight lifting 3 times a week with cardio 2 or 3. Seems likes it works like a charm this way!

• sjb5577
    sjb5577 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I'm 5"2 and started around 196lbs in Feb 2012. I'm now around 106lb and have been maintaining for a few years now. The left picture was probably not at my heaviest. The right was Dec 2013. My more recent picture the bottom one.

13f14a84-261e-4ad4-8779-e77edb6bd93c.jpg

6665c541-7dde-45c6-a119-0606a24472a4.jpg

Did you do 1200 cal/day?
  • sjb5577
    edited August 2015
    Options
    laineybz--Did you do 1200 cal/day?
  • sjb5577
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 165lbs :( Starting 1200 cal tomorrow
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!