5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Replies

• hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Bump :)
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    PS1959 wrote: »
    5'2" 165 lbs- I started at 180 lbs--then stopped in March & and today restarting. Goal is to be around 125 LBS--so I have a ways to go.

• Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2017
    5'1" here - I've been on and off MFP for a long time now. Mostly off as my recent weight gain has shown me. I feel like I'm ready to be real now and love reading this thread - so much more relatable than my 5'8" friends. Feel free to add
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    I want to ask you all a question. How do we know our body frame? The finger around the wrist says small and measurements says medium. I am 5'2.75 and the measurements was 6". My scale says I am 47.5% BF. When I was 185 lbs, I had a sitting thigh gap. Lol. I am 202.6, down from 215. I am trying ro figure what BF I should work for and what GW I should actually have.

TIA
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Bump for later.
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Hi I am 5'2" and 174 lbs I would love to be 130-120 lbs again. I started to gain weight around age 25 Im 31 now and 186 has been my heaviest. What kind of diet did you go on to lose the weight?

I am 5'2", I started at 250 (heaviest in my life!) with a goal right now of 150 and we will see from there. I have recently lost 22 lb (starting Feb 1 this year) I have been just logging my food, weighing/measuring almost everything. I eat 1400-1700 cal a day, sedentary/office work. I workout/exercise 5x a week with toning included. I am happy and comfortable with what I am doing. I account for "treats", off meals, etc and LOG IT ALL. I have had my ups and downs (which you will) No specific diet at all. I just keep moving forward.

I would suggest measuring from the start. You may feel the "oh I'm not doing that! that will make me feel like S#&T!" well, I did and it has been a savior to me. You WILL NOT regret it. I had a MAJOR stall in my weight loss and started to get VERY discouraged. So I re-measured and come to find out I had lost 6 inches total off my body!! It was all I needed to keep the wind in my sails.

Seeing all of your posts and accomplishments definitely helps me to keep moving and to know I CAN GET THERE!! Thank you all for sharing!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    Chena83 wrote: »
    I want to ask you all a question. How do we know our body frame? The finger around the wrist says small and measurements says medium. I am 5'2.75 and the measurements was 6". My scale says I am 47.5% BF. When I was 185 lbs, I had a sitting thigh gap. Lol. I am 202.6, down from 215. I am trying ro figure what BF I should work for and what GW I should actually have.

TIA

Try this method
    https://medlineplus.gov/ency/imagepages/17182.htm
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Chena83 wrote: »

TIA

Try this method
    https://medlineplus.gov/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

Thanks.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    5'1" here. SW is 220 and CW us 212. GW is 130. I had a baby 10 months ago and have a 4 year old that take up a lot if time lol love this post though
  • retirehappy
    Looking good, Girl.
  • amandanicolehouck
    amandanicolehouck Posts: 6 Member
    lexie1108 wrote: »
    Hi!! I started MFP in late September of 2014...I started out at the heaviest I've ever been for my 5'1 frame which was 135 and have lost almost 35 lbs! Last time I weighed myself a week or so ago I weighed in at 101.2. I started the first few months by low carb diet and no exercise which dropped the first 15 lbs no problem! Then, after the New Year I wanted to start working out so I had to incorporate carbs back into my diet so I just switched to a low calorie diet of 1200-1400 calories a day along with stairmaster and strength training. I could've lost this weight a lot faster if I hadn't had so many relaxed cheat meals and days but I'm glad that it came off at a slower pace rather than too much at a time! :) I then started running in March and became addicted to it! I'm training for my first half marathon right now :) So that definately has helped with the weight loss as well. Now, it's a great way to eat extra calories every day! And it makes me feel great! This really has become a complete lifestyle change and I feel so much better ever day. Good luck!! The pics are all out of order but the picture of me in the yellow tank is at my heaviest at 135 or so.

You look totally great!
  • retirehappy
    cheethnico wrote: »
    5ft 36a4rcvzp3j34.jpg 56lb down 28lb to go for target

Great progress. Big differences already.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!