Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    SW: 210
    CW: 117.6
    GW: 110-115

I'm 5'2"

I started on here about two years ago shortly after turning 52. I've gone from walking with a cane to running every day and getting almost 20K steps most days. I also lift weights.

When I started I was bursting out of size 18's. I now wear size 0's.

I lost 70ish pounds the first year I was dieting and it took me a whole year to lose the next 23 pounds because I took quite a few maintenance breaks and weight loss slowed down significantly.

I'm pretty happy with my body where it is now, I'm just faffing about with body composition for vanity at this point. Whatever happens, happens.

Oh... one last thing. I haven't weighed this weight since grade school.

Congrats on taking control of your life. This is an amazing result.
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    SW: 181lbs (also my highest weight)
    CW: 161lbs
    GW: 135lbs (for now).

I'm 5'3 and this is the most I've ever lost after years of fad diets. I'm hoping to be at 150 for the new year but we'll see. Please add me fellow short people! I'm on every day☺️

Hi girl,

We are on same page...I started at 175, now 155..goal weight 130ish... Good luck :)

Hey me too! lol I'm 5'3 and I started at 175, now 148, goal 130.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @grapaj
    I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've lost 46 pounds in about 7 months and now I've slowed down to 2 to 3 pounds a month. Soooo slow and soooo frustrating. So, I feel you.
    HOWEVER. What we need to remember is we have achieved a pretty big goal, losing over 40 pounds. That is nothing to sneeze at! Be proud! (I sometimes go back and look at my measurements or old pictures to remind myself that I have come a long way) I also think of how I felt this time a year ago. Just a suggestion.
    Hang in there! You lost 40, you got the last 10, no problem!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bumpity, bump. For any newbies.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!! Everyone looks great-thanks for sharing!! :)
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bump it up time.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 50 years old. I started 3 years ago just wanting to get into shape. Somehow I became obsessed with bodybuilding. I'm in the best shape of my life. These pictures were taken after working out, so I look a little rough. jzh0a5unyg9m.jpg
    17f24cesn1dv.jpg

You look amazing! I'm 30 and I hope to look half as good as you by my birthday
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    "brwelch1 wrote:

You look amazing! I'm 30 and I hope to look half as good as you by my birthday

Thank you
  • ameliabee6
    ameliabee6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you ladies for posting these "short gal" success stories! You all have inspired me!!! I have a question though. A few people posted about body recomposition (building muscle while losing fat through training and calorie intake "cycling"). Is this something you can do WHILE you are trying to lose weight or AFTER you've gotten down to your goal weight? Anyone know? Here's a very helpful link someone posted earlier in the thread:https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-basics-of-body-recomposition-how-to-lose-fat-gain-muscle-at-the-same-time/

Thanks for any advice you can provide! :)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ladies you look Awesome! Thank you for the inspiration this morning. :)
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Ladies you all look soooooooooooooo amazing! You shorties are the best!!! Fire!!!!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Needs a bump for newbies.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hey, were are all the short ladies? Anyone hitting new levels of fitness, weight goals, etc? I don't have pics but my pant sizes have gone down a lot over winter, weight not so much, but my body is recomping itself. I am just eating right for me, LCHF.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Weight staying the same last few months, but definitely getting more toned and lost a half-size. I will take that any day. Still have a few more lbs to goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!