Replies

• marchmommy0311
    marchmommy0311 Posts: 11 Member
    SW: 213
    CW: 160
    20-30 more to go!

8cnpmrfty78s.jpg

fc0ok6jvc77y.jpg

Congrats!! Was this just with counting calories or watching macros also? Thanks!
  • haniani
    haniani Posts: 317 Member
    Wow! This is great, thank you for sharing folks.

I'm 5'3" (on a good day!), my starting weight just before Christmas 2015 was 185lbs, I've lost 3.9lbs in the last 4 weeks. My initial goal weight is 140lbs, I'll reassess when I get there. I'm aiming to lose a lb a week. I had spinal surgery in November and am recovering from pneumonia, once I'm a little healthier I'm planning to up my exercise and walk more which should boost my weightloss, I'll look at joining a gym when I am well enough to.

Ultimately I want to weigh less than my 5'9" hubby, which might be a challenge, he weighs about 133lbs and has a 28" waist! It's not easy living with someone who regularly eats 3000 calories just to keep his weight up. I'd love to be in the 'healthy' bmi range, but I'm a curvy girl with boobs and when I got down to 147lbs in the past it didn't seem like a bmi of 25 or below would be very achievable.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i've lost 30ish pounds 5'3" by doing aerial yoga and working on some aerial hammock stuff. and running. lots of running. I prefer body weight work over weights
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Bump
  • pucklemore
    pucklemore Posts: 6 Member
    cmrosee wrote: »
    5' 3" here! A few years ago I was very happy with my appearance and health. I had energy and growing confidence. My husband had purposely worked hard to lower my self esteem but I was getting better. I made it down to 125lbs. I only wanted to lose 5 more and do a little toning...but unfortunately I had to have a small surgery that didn't go well and I started to get in a funk and started to eat bad and gained weight. At this point in my life, my marriage has fallen apart and I'm in the middle of a divorce. I'm picking up the pieces and feeling excited to lose weight. It's hard not to turn to food for comfort though. I had made it up to 155 but am now at 144. Goal weight is 120. Please add me. I'd love to give and receive encouragement. :)

You are going through a lot and I commend you for being able to focus on fitness at a tumultuous time. Congratulations for escaping a negative environment and building a new life for yourself! It's not easy!
  • elisajustyce12
    elisajustyce12 Posts: 1 Member
    how long did this take you
    memickee wrote: »
    Lost 53 lbs. 176 to 123. 8 more vanity lbs to go.

• evayna
    evayna Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm 5'2 starting at 170 lbs, I've been on MFP for a little over two weeks. Looking to lose 50lbs altogether! I've already lost 5lbs :smile: It's a small change but I can see a slight difference! Feel free to add me!
    tnemwcfzr80c.png
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm 5'2" and have lost 85lbs. Link to my thread is below and you can see pics in my profile :smile:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308854/a-52-fat-chick-lost-85lbs-and-became-a-hot-mama/p1#
  • montanamegs
    montanamegs Posts: 16 Member
    I'm 5' 1.5" and have quite a bit to lose. Not setting any specific goal numbers yet, just want to feel comfortable. Ya'll are inspiring. I'm just about 2 weeks into my journey. Feel free to add me for motivation and to help motivate me!
  • KyleeFBabyy
    KyleeFBabyy Posts: 44 Member
    Y'all rock!!! I love this thread, it's so Inspiring!!!

• 5ft2 here! I started 6 weeks ago as of Tuesday and have lost 3.2kg! I've also lost a serious 3 inches from my waist alone and more elsewhere due to cutting meal sizes a little; snacking ALOT less; and lifting heavy weights to keep/gain muscle mass! I was slim-fat when I started and seriously unfit, and now I'm full of energy and have reduced my fat percentage from the middle of "average/high" to brushing the end of "optimal" for my age range!

Please feel free to add me because I would love some relatable friends in my dash!
  • leamalo
    leamalo Posts: 717 Member
    Love this thread - everyone is awesome and inspiring!

@mommanurse - WOW! Such a transformation - you look amazing! I love your arms - do you follow a particular strength training plan? Do you have your own success story thread? You should!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    leamalo wrote: »

@mommanurse - WOW! Such a transformation - you look amazing! I love your arms - do you follow a particular strength training plan? Do you have your own success story thread? You should!

I don't have one yet. Making my way to it! Part of me feels like I'm not "done" yet because I want a tummy tuck (I know in the pictures you can't tell but I had twins 9 years ago so I really want it done)

I think the key to the arms is to start strength training early on in the process. Otherwise, your body will give up the muscle, too. I've always been "muscular" even when not trying to be but the weight lifting has really toned/defined them much more. thank you for the compliment! My legs are muscular too but I don't do much for them other than running.
  • leamalo
    leamalo Posts: 717 Member
    leamalo wrote: »

I don't have one yet. Making my way to it! Part of me feels like I'm not "done" yet because I want a tummy tuck (I know in the pictures you can't tell but I had twins 9 years ago so I really want it done)

I think the key to the arms is to start strength training early on in the process. Otherwise, your body will give up the muscle, too. I've always been "muscular" even when not trying to be but the weight lifting has really toned/defined them much more. thank you for the compliment! My legs are muscular too but I don't do much for them other than running.

Thanks for the reply! You are right -you definitely can't tell that you have any reason for a tummy tuck in those pictures - you really look fantastic! In my opinion you are definitely ready for your own success story thread! You could always update it later - I always like the ones where the authors come back later and let you know that they've continued to be awesome. :)
    I started around the same weight that you did, but still have a long way to go - you are so inspiring. Thanks for the tip about strength training early on - makes a lot of sense.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    If anyone wants my advice on weight loss, it's this: It is a CHOICE. A lifestyle CHOICE. YOU and ONLY YOU can made that choice to make it a priority. We only get one body, one life. Treat your body with respect and your mind will follow.

Well put, very well put.

• Sophjas0807
    Sophjas0807 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!