This may be vain and petty...but

Options

Replies

• FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    Most people have some kind of 'petty' motivational reason that contributes to doing what they're doing.

I'm definitely looking forward to the day where a certain ex of mine realises how HOT the thing is that he tried to throw away :p

Just make sure it isn't the ONLY reason you're doing what you're doing. I'm doing this to be healthy, to feel more energetic, to have clearer skin, to be fit and active, to be able to keep up, to not shy at physical activities, to feel (more) confident and to give my future self a better chance and being healthy and active for longer.

Keep all that in mind TOO.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't believe in revenge. I would have said my piece respectfully and removed her from my life. I don't get down with toxic people.
  • nika_bolinhos
    Options
    Revenge is an amazing motivation. I use it all every time a "pretty" lady behaves like a *****.
    But I think I'm worse, I love to cook and make sweets, so if a skinny person is mean to me I pretend I didn't care and start being "very nice" by feeding them very fattening things. I know it's terrible, but if you find out what their achilles heel of fatty foods is you can usually at least get a comment after a couple of weeks, thinks like "I have no self control, I don't know how you do it" make my day. I suppose I should be happy that I work mostly from home and my social circles are formed by terribly nice people.
    What can I do, I just love people admitting they are not perfect after treating me like trash, that is all I ask :)
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Haha, do it up! You're already losing weight and you seem to be motivated with or without the comments of a jealous friend, but I say that if it gives you that little extra boost, then it's perfectly fine.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Go For it!! I think I'd rather that motivator than the one I have....to get my mother off my back about my weight. Hey, it's annoying enough that I'll do it just to make her shut up. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly but I've had it with her nagging.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge. Kick her *kitten*!
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Some of the best motivation for me comes from things like that.

Here here
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Haha.

Welp, count me in as someone who's now rooting for you! :)

Good luck.:drinker:
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    a few years ago my girlfriend (at the time) asked me what would happen if some guy started hitting on her or causing trouble if i would fight him. i was always kind of a skinny little guy, and when i said i would fight him she just started laughing at me, for at least 30 45 seconds before she realized how freakin insulting it was... we broke up last year and ive been posting updated on my facebook about my progress since i started lifting and she deleted and blocked me... victory!

That's so awesome. You know you struck a chord when they delete *and* block you.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great motivator for sure, keep playing that conversation in your head whenever you lose sight of the end goal... LOL
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't believe in revenge. I would have said my piece respectfully and removed her from my life. I don't get down with toxic people.

^ This except I would've have said "Speak for yourself, ho!" before kicking her friendship to the curb. Then again, I have a temper and a potty mouth.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I must be the same brand of petty and vain because I told my mother last night my new goal is to have a smaller *kitten* then my husband's sister.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    your friend sounds like my son. I constantly have to tell him, "if you have start the sentence with 'no offense, but..." you probably should think that sentence over three times before you actually say it.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for not punching her in the throat.
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe you'll make excellent progress, she'll see the difference, and will follow and/or join you...? The social aspect of health improvement is underrated.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    She just wants You to be in the same boat shes in. Misery loves company. You be healthy and get fit!!!! You can add me if You like and I will motivate You. Lets see what she has to say when You offer her all the jeans That are too big for You!!!
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    Most people have some kind of 'petty' motivational reason that contributes to doing what they're doing.

I'm definitely looking forward to the day where a certain ex of mine realises how HOT the thing is that he tried to throw away :p

Just make sure it isn't the ONLY reason you're doing what you're doing. I'm doing this to be healthy, to feel more energetic, to have clearer skin, to be fit and active, to be able to keep up, to not shy at physical activities, to feel (more) confident and to give my future self a better chance and being healthy and active for longer.

Keep all that in mind TOO.

So true.. I am in the same spot.. My ex was so caught up on his ex telling me if only id do this or lose that Id be hotter than her or wed go out more.. or whatever I kept feeling like I was a disappointment.. Not anymore!!
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This may be vain and petty...but I was recently talking to one of my friends (whose constantly trying to lose 10-15lbs) about how this whole weightloss thing was going for me. I told her that I had changed things up recently and started lifting heavy things because I didn't want to be 'skinny fat,' still fluffy but in a normal weight range.

She gives me a side eye and says, 'why bother its not like you are going to be skinny anyway...'

I guess my face must have shown something (wtf, most likely) because she quickly followed it up by saying, 'well, its not like I'll ever be skinny either.'

And so now my petty motivation is to be 'skinnier' than she is. Its vain and petty and slightly terrible, but there it is. People need to play things in their head before they speak out loud. Seriously.

DAFUQ.....

She's just trying to derail you because you are having success. It's petty and vain, but I'd be the same exact way. I'm not even gonna lie!!!! You can add me if you like, I'll keep you motivated til your *kitten* is skinner and more toned than hers is!
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    a few years ago my girlfriend (at the time) asked me what would happen if some guy started hitting on her or causing trouble if i would fight him. i was always kind of a skinny little guy, and when i said i would fight him she just started laughing at me, for at least 30 45 seconds before she realized how freakin insulting it was... we broke up last year and ive been posting updated on my facebook about my progress since i started lifting and she deleted and blocked me... victory!

I love this!!!
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! As someone said above, you definitely have your motivation now!!! Yes you CAN do this!!!!