This may be vain and petty...but

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    goooooood gooooood...let the hate flow through you

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1021973-hatred-is-the-best-motivator

tumblr_mcubiuak4g1qb16n2.gif
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    You know something OP.

I met my "best friend "a year ago at the gym. Like, we were the same person in different bodies (or so I thought in the beginning) she lost weight extremely quickly, doing the no carb thing, whatever else she did.

I was around 195 when I met her, she was 165, now I'm 170 and shes probably....120?

She started constantly asking why I wasn't losing weight if I was exercising, and at that time it was Bc I wasn't going at it as hard and unlike her single *kitten*, I have to cook meals for myself and boyfriend and he likes REAL foods.

Fast FWD 8 months and now I cant stand my "friend " she constantly is nit picking at everything I do. I wanted to join Weight Watchers at one point and she questioned that, saying all I needed was to follow Atkins.

We went to our new gym together once, where she told me the way I was doing lunges looked stupid, I wasn't drinking the correct whey protein, or I was eating fruit which to her is a no-no, well ***** look here I dont like eating cardboard.

I'm starting to think she has an eating disorder because the way she acts and talks about food is almost obsessive, and idk she has changed a lot from when she was overweight.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I dont thing its vain or petty at all!!! Good for you to find motivation in a " friends" unkind words
    YOU GO GIRL MAKE HER EAT HER WORDS
  • disenchantedsl
    Options
    as horrible as it sounds, I have gotten rid of 'negative' friends before. I either have no contact whatsoever or keep them at a really long distance. don't let her negativity get you down!

she obviously has her own demons to battle, and you're clearly beating yours! 36lbs down- GO YOU! x
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    "Don't let people who have given up on their dreams talk you out of yours!"

I like that :smile:

and this!
    MAKE HER EAT HER WORDS
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    "I'm starting to think she has an eating disorder because the way she acts and talks about food is almost obsessive, and idk she has changed a lot from when she was overweight. "

Sounds a little concerning but I've known people who have to go too far with an endeavor before they can pull it back and live in balance - sorry the relationship took a turn for the worse, and not to condone any hurtful comments, but maybe shes the type that has to go too far before stabilizing.
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "Don't let people who have given up on their dreams talk you out of yours!"

LOVE that! So good and true!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    not vain or petty in my opinion. HONEST !! I love it and I hope you get skinnier then her then you can give her your old "fat clothes" because your swimming in them and they will fit her.

This,^
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I would do the same thing. Just tell me I can't do it and I will show you.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hey, extra motivation! What a horrible thing to say!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would use it as motivation, but let go of the resentment towards this girl. Whether she is in your life or not is up to you... But I had people pretty regularly making comments about me looking pregnant, being "bigger", or giving me their pregnancy clothes as hand me downs. Those incidents fueled my resolve. Not my anger.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I commend you for not assaulting her.
    Now you need to use that to fuel your motivation
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    WE ALL SEEK MOTIVATION AND YOU HAD YOURS HANDED TO YOU !!!!! Take advantage of it !!!!!!

Basil

• RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I think she thought you were calling her skinny fat. I can just imagine how her writing about the same conversation would go. Don't be too hard or her, and don't be too hard on yourself for your reaction either. Just do a little deep breathing, and let the whole thing go.
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    You're absolutely right! People should stop their mouths before words come out of it and rethink what they are about to say!

Go for it! Be skinnier than she is and then tell her to eat her words!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    first off... shes just b!tching cause you are getting results and she's got a butt made out of saggy pizza dough. lol. ok maybe the last part is unnecessary but still the first part rings true.

I think what she said is uncalled for, and you can definitely loose weight, look better, be healthier and forget about the "skinny" thing. I think hot and healthy are way better than skinny.

yep, I'd totally use that as fuel. not in a negative way, but once you really start kickin her *kitten* she will want to know how. thats what I did to my brother. hes older and always felt physically superior, but smokes so his cardiovascular is **** and his energy was low from poor diet. he saw me smashing it big time, especially when we go surfing and i power out through the sets duck diving like a boss without missing a stroke, and he gets stuck in the break zone coughing up green stuff with his arms burning.

your kick *kitten* example could change the way she thinks and you may help her change her habits with actions, not words.

high 5 girl!

tumblr_mn2sqcuTps1rcy99do1_500.gif
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's a messed up thing to say!! She probably is not your friend or at least not a good one. I say Prove her wrong !! You go !! Good luck to ya !! :happy:
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If that were me I would love the motivation. Continue on your way, do your cardio & weights. Save your clothes as they become too big for you & take them to her. Explain that "your workout plan has worked so well for you that you no longer need the clothes & you thought she might like them. "
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    If that were me I would love the motivation. Continue on your way, do your cardio & weights. Save your clothes as they become too big for you & take them to her. Explain that "your workout plan has worked so well for you that you no longer need the clothes & you thought she might like them. "

eye for an eye eh. makes the whole world blind. thats why gandi wore glasses. so no one could poke him in the eye. obviously.