Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    league of Their Own

Charlie don't surf!
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Apocalypse Now

"Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college."
  • Makhai_
    Options
    Annie hall Nice, Woody Allen

Bonjour, mademoiselle. Je suis américain.
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    The Longest Day

"When two people love each other, they come together - WHAM - like two taxis on Broadway."
  • Makhai_
    Options
    One of my favorite films of all time
    Rear Window

The Ancient Japanese considered the Go board to be a microcosm of the universe. Although when it is empty it appears to be simple and ordered, in fact, the possibilities of gameplay are endless. They say that no two Go games have ever been alike. Just like snowflakes. So, the Go board actually represents an extremely complex and chaotic universe.
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    Pi

"I made a promise, Eric. You're old enough to remember when that meant something..."
  • Makhai_
    Options
    the Pledge

It's funny how when you're a kid, a day can last forever. Now, all these years seem just like a blink.
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    Hearts in Atlantis

"I shall be faithful for at least seven eternities of pleasure, eighteen false smiles and fifty-seven tender whisperings without meaning. I shall remain faithful until the big yawn do us part. In short, I shall remain faithful in my way."
  • Makhai_
    Options
    Smiles of a Summer Night

What came first, the music or the misery?
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    High Fidelity

"Let us pretend that we are in the drawing room and the hostess is serving tea. Now many numerous little questions confront us. Should the man rise when he accepts his cup of tea? May lump sugar be taken with the fingers? No. Is it good form to accept a second cup? Should the napkin be entirely unfolded or should the centre crease be allowed to remain? It is so easy to commit embarrassing blunders, but etiquette tells us just what is expected of us and guards us from all humiliation and discomfort. Mm, yes. Boring. Let us switch to, uh... to some poetry, hm? "There was an old man from the Cape, who made himself garments of crepe. When asked: will they tear? He replied: Here and there, but they keep such a beautiful shape!" That's right. Go ahead, smile, it's funny. That's right."
  • Makhai_
    Options
    Got to love Tim Burton
    Edward Scissorhands
    Easy one;

LT, Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP.
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    Good Morning Viet Nam

"I think Mr. Mellish is a traitor to this country because his views are different from the views of the President and others of his kind. Differences of opinion should be tolerated, but not when they're too different. Then he becomes a subversive mother."
  • Makhai_
    Options
    Bananas

Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
  • skahtboi
    skahtboi Posts: 7,804 Member
    Options
    V for Vendetta

Which one of you nuts has got any guts?
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

"People. Animals are not like that. They're always cleaning themselves. Did you ever see, umm... pigeons? Well, he's always picking on himself and his friends. They're always picking bugs out of their hair all the time. Monkeys too. Except they do something out in the open that I don't go for."
  • skahtboi
    skahtboi Posts: 7,804 Member
    Options
    Five Easy Pieces. (Nice call)

"You mean marijuana? Lord have mercy, is that what that is?"
  • FatOldBat
    Options
    Easy Rider

"It's for sure a white man's world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I'll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th' ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a *kitten*. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you've gotta be is white in America, to get whatever you want. Gobbledy-gook!"