Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• GothJuice
    GothJuice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Robin, I'm 23 years old I have a BSc in Forensic Science and am about to start an MSc in Archaeological Sciences come September (and in doing so moving away from my home town for the first time ever!! EEK!!)
    I have been on and off MFP for the past few years trying to tackle my fitness and anxiety issues. I've finally got a handle on the latter so I'm hoping to finally get myself back in shape after months of being unable to leave my house! ^_^
    I am passionate about language and music, and used to work as a tabletop game demonstrator running Pathfinder/Shadowrun/World of Darkness Campaigns as well as a lot of boardgames! ^_^

I also have a tendency to ramble... hopefully you don't all find that too annoying!
    Excited to actually see a thread where real conversation is possible. :D
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For me, the narcissus in me likes to know if other people think I'm attractive or not. Is that a symptom of a deeper problem about my self esteem? Very possibly. Just being honest

Maybe not. My son is narcissistic and has no problem admitting it. He has no problems with self esteem either. His is through the roof. And your photo makes me think of Rick Rossovich.

At least this thread is interesting. The "Would you ..... person below you" threads are incredibly boring.

@Lady_Lyrico I like how you call it a 'swimming costume'! In the States we call it a bathing suit or swim suit. Swimming costume sounds much more refined somehow. :smile:
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

Maybe not. My son is narcissistic and has no problem admitting it. He has no problems with self esteem either. His is through the roof. And your photo makes me think of Rick Rossovich.

LOL had to google him, yeah that pic is a little Top Gun-ish

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I love attention as much as the next person but this seems like an odd place to seek it. Yet the number of selfies I've seen suggests it's a common occurrence...
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    GothJuice wrote: »
    Hi! My name's Robin, I'm 23 years old I have a BSc in Forensic Science and am about to start an MSc in Archaeological Sciences come September (and in doing so moving away from my home town for the first time ever!! EEK!!)
    I have been on and off MFP for the past few years trying to tackle my fitness and anxiety issues. I've finally got a handle on the latter so I'm hoping to finally get myself back in shape after months of being unable to leave my house! ^_^
    I am passionate about language and music, and used to work as a tabletop game demonstrator running Pathfinder/Shadowrun/World of Darkness Campaigns as well as a lot of boardgames! ^_^

I also have a tendency to ramble... hopefully you don't all find that too annoying!
    Excited to actually see a thread where real conversation is possible. :D

Your studies sound super cool
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    why must pizza be so delicious WHYYYY
  • bas0128
    bas0128 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

because cheese is really crack!!
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    bas0128 wrote: »

because cheese is really crack!!

that's why if you add a little cheese to everything life gets a little better but your love handles get a little bigger u know?
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Can confirm, I am love handles
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    Can confirm, I am love handles

You are or you have?
  • Kexessa
    Options
    hi my names lil and im an alcoholic.... oh wait wrong therapy group....

As long as you aren't drinking over your calorie budget :p

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hello all...kind of refreshing to post more than two to three word comments.

I am Ria and almost 41...I have teenaged kids that I had young so I am looking forward to having them leave the best so hubby and I can do some of the things we didn't get around to do by when the kids were little. Mainly travelling more and having adventures I missed out on being a mom in my early twenties. My job is very sedentary so I really look forward to my 1.5 hour workouts and in the summer spend as much time by/in the pool as I can. Want to to know anything else feel free to ask. :)

Hey Ria,
    I have been an "empty nester" for a couple years now..... Not as Great as I thought it would be... lol
    Like you, I had them in my 20's and missed out on some things. As a mom, I pretty much dedicated my life to them and when they left I had a VERY hard time..
    Thanks be hubby did his best to help me get over it and eventually I did.. I still miss them coming in/out of the house all the time.
    But the less dishes, less laundry, less mess.... is GREAT.

Pool time sounds great, you must be in a warm area.? What do you do for your workouts?

ps...FYI............ f,50, married, 3 grown boys. 28,26.24.
  • rushfive
    Options
    I feel like I am the only person in the world who has Never Taken a Selfie.
  • Kexessa
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    I have been an "empty nester" for a couple years now..... Not as Great as I thought it would be... lol

I had my son young too. He just graduated college but we live so close to campus that he commuted and lives at home. He just got a job in his field and will be moving out in the next few months. I've been looking forward to it but now that it's here, him leaving doesn't sound so great.

• MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I rather enjoy tacos.
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »

@Lady_Lyrico I like how you call it a 'swimming costume'! In the States we call it a bathing suit or swim suit. Swimming costume sounds much more refined somehow. :smile:

I realised after I posted that it might have sounded strange calling it a costume. Actually, @Kexessa, I always thought 'bathing suit' sounded quite refined! :smile:
    Anyway, update on the swim suit situation: there was only one suit in my size, and it had a plunging neckline. When I tried it on it was clear that I wouldn't be able to stay in it if I wore it for Aquafit. Luckily, my current suit is now dry after Monday's swim, so I can wear that. I will have to look online for some in my size.

Mini-rant: I know I am large, but I am working on getting smaller. It really annoys me that workout clothes not also readily available for larger women! I am a UK size 22, and the largest workout gear I have found recently is a size 18. So I am resigned to wearing men's XXL shirts and 1 pair of leggings that I found in a size 20 a couple of years ago. A little bit of encouragement from manufacturers would be so helpful in letting me feel I am dressed like all the other people working out [end rant].
  • rushfive
    edited July 2015
    Options
    taking dog for a walk before it gets to hot.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    I feel like I am the only person in the world who has Never Taken a Selfie.

Buy a "Selfie Stick" its the big rave these days!!