Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• BrittneyJ2006
    BrittneyJ2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Insomnia brought me to this thread... My name is Brittney. I'm a Floridian and I'm 27. Being active and working out is something I've come to enjoy. I've lost over 50lbs and I still have more to lose. Enjoying the changes thus far.
  • Nevertoold2015
    Nevertoold2015 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you....
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you....

Hello Emma! My dad was born and raised in Chicago. I grew up in Sauk Village. Terrible town now, but it was decent when I was a kid.
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

Hello Emma! My dad was born and raised in Chicago. I grew up in Sauk Village. Terrible town now, but it was decent when I was a kid.

Where is Salk Village about... I live in Frankfort...
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

Good luck Emma! :)

Thank you..like I said looking to find how everyone else's got their motivation and where a lazy person starts when it comes to exercise..calories I can count... Going to the gym yikes lol

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thank you..like I said looking to find how everyone else's got their motivation and where a lazy person starts when it comes to exercise..calories I can count... Going to the gym yikes lol

My motivation is usually me not liking myself in a way hahah. Like, I want to be better, I'm never satisfied with results. Kinda bad though, because if I have a bad day at the gym, i have a verrrry bad day hahahaha

• That1Chick_Brit
    Options

Where is Salk Village about... I live in Frankfort...

Its East of Frankfort. Just off of 394 and Sauk trail. Some surrounding town are like Chicago heights, steger, Lynwood, crete
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    When I work out I might get on it during my rests but certainly not during

fair enough. do you time your rests? or just when you feel rested enough?

I time them but will shorten and lengthen based on feel

Only do it w cardio!!
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Hey guys, even though I doubt (no offense) this thread is going to go anywhere I'm willing to put in my bit. Just seems like most people in the forums are here to goof around.

Anyways I'm Josh and I've been an on and off member for 7 years. Health and fitness has always been important to me. I came back after some of my (very) poor lifestyle choices nearly killed me. I ended up having a stroke at the ripe age of 26 now I'm trying to get my body and mind back on par with where it used to be prior to that. I'm a huge into the outdoors, astronomy, physics and I like watching scifi movies and shows. Also naturally a hunter and sportsmen. There's my story, short version anyway

Ohh and I'm going to be moving to Australia At the end of September. Nothing against Wisconsin but I can't wait to leave this state and this country for a while!

Where in Wisconsin are you from ?
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll stop in and say hi. I'm Brittny. I'm from a small town in Illinois. I get asked a lot what my user name means because it just looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo. hahaha It's a combination of my maiden last name and my married name. I have 3 boys and now 3 dogs. Just adopted a puppy yesterday. :)

I know your small town!
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    I guess I'll stop in and say hi. I'm Brittny. I'm from a small town in Illinois. I get asked a lot what my user name means because it just looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo. hahaha It's a combination of my maiden last name and my married name. I have 3 boys and now 3 dogs. Just adopted a puppy yesterday. :)

I know your small town!

hahaha. Thats amazing because when ever anyone asks where I am from, theyre like where the hell is that? lol
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

I know your small town!

It's not a small town anymore.... How long has it been since you have been around here? And tell me about your dogs.. What kind are they

• BrittneyJ2006
    BrittneyJ2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Insomnia brought me to this thread... My name is Brittney. I'm a Floridian and I'm 27. Being active and working out is something I've come to enjoy. I've lost over 50lbs and I still have more to lose. Enjoying the changes thus far.

congrats on your loss so far :) you look great

Thank you! I'm still learning how to navigate this site and reply to posts.
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you.... [/quote

The only way I exercise is by going to my personal trainer. I love it. I love circuit training, I love that it's different every time, and I love someone pushing and encouraging me through the whole thing. I also do yoga but that's almost entirely for flexibility because circuit training covers both cardio and strength for me.

logging... really, really necessary. logging to make sure you're at a deficit is waaaay more important than exercise for weight loss. you get used to it, and then it's second nature. :)[/quot

Right now I've started riding my bike... I try to do 6 miles... Figure I'll do what I can while the weather is still nice outside. And I'll look into a gym membership
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options

I know your small town!

It's not a small town anymore.... How long has it been since you have been around here? And tell me about your dogs.. What kind are they

I think she meant where I am currently living, is a small town. My oldest dog is a Bloodhound named Tilly, then there is Pepper, she is a beagle/chihuahua mix, and we just adopted a boxer mix puppy yesterday
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

The only way I exercise is by going to my personal trainer. I love it. I love circuit training, I love that it's different every time, and I love someone pushing and encouraging me through the whole thing. I also do yoga but that's almost entirely for flexibility because circuit training covers both cardio and strength for me.

logging... really, really necessary. logging to make sure you're at a deficit is waaaay more important than exercise for weight loss. you get used to it, and then it's second nature. :)

Not sure if my last comment went through to you. Right now I've started up my writing my bike outside I'm doing 6 miles. Figure I will take advantage of the weather outside. And then when it gets cold out join the gym