Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Date
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    Hi, who and how are you? Tell me something interesting and let's get to know each other. Cause we all know no one is gaining anything from asking if the person below you is hot.

I never read the chit chat threads because of all of those so I'm glad someone started something different! I've been on MFP for a few months but pretty new to the forums. I'm 26 from NYC.
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    Date

Bahahaha! Get out of here, you :p
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    skahtboi wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand the rules of this particular game! :D

hahaha ;p
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Date

goon!!
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    PewterSky wrote: »
    Date

Well that's just rude! Here I was ready to cook you a nice meal and then eat it with you by candlelight.
  • riirii93_
    Options

I've just been at home, had kind of a dull dayyy. Was feeling a little down but trying to get over it. I'll chalk it up to the post graduation blues. I'm in an empty college town this summer. People will come back in a few weeks but bleh, I'M GONNA BE OLDER THAN THE REST OF THEM. I guess I can hang out w graduate students, heh.

Ah, I understand. Sometimes I still want to go back to college and perpetually be a student. I really miss those days, life was definitely much more easier. How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

I usually have very busy days so sometimes dull days are nice to have but one dull day is about the most I can manage or I start feeling a little down too.

I'm 22, I keep hearing people say that but I don't believe it lol. College wasn't great for me. I don't drink or party and my school was obsessed w it. I'd rather have adult friends who work and have families and are just a little calmer. Oh man I sound BORING.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Hi, who and how are you? Tell me something interesting and let's get to know each other. Cause we all know no one is gaining anything from asking if the person below you is hot.

I never read the chit chat threads because of all of those so I'm glad someone started something different! I've been on MFP for a few months but pretty new to the forums. I'm 26 from NYC.

thanks! yeah I was like trying to search through everything but I was like uhm, this is not a chat. this is everyone lying that they'd hook up w each other lol. it's like tinder.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @riirii93_ hey - I just graduate for the third time! Well - not had the ceremony yet - but have finished the degree :) I did a Bachelor of teaching this time - gonna be a school teacher haha!

And yep - I can't afford lessons either. I ride once a year these days if I'm lucky!

And thanks! But I *am* flexing as much as humanly possible in this pic - complete with sucking my gut in and all that. in a relaxed state there is a lot of fluffy around the edges LOL :)
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Florida born and raised never even left the state u can say I'm a bit sheltered lol :#

florida is nice, i don't blame you. i've been to miami!
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi im Crystal I was going to colleges in Colorado and I am 31 years old I've been on and off the right now for 5 years and I really need to start losing weight and get really serious about my health and fitness this is why I am back on I just found out I have arthritis in my knee and having this extra weight on me isn't going to help any expecially since I'm already starting to lose cartilage in my knee. 11:44 I don't have but questions and they don't understand the game I don't think this is necessarily again it's just the way where we can get to know each other.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    @riirii93_ hey - I just graduate for the third time! Well - not had the ceremony yet - but have finished the degree :) I did a Bachelor of teaching this time - gonna be a school teacher haha!

that's awesome :) i'm thinking about doing some substitute teaching before i end up in grad school next year. I want to do ESL if I do.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Hi im Crystal I was going to colleges in Colorado and I am 31 years old I've been on and off the right now for 5 years and I really need to start losing weight and get really serious about my health and fitness this is why I am back on I just found out I have arthritis in my knee and having this extra weight on me isn't going to help any expecially since I'm already starting to lose cartilage in my knee. 11:44 I don't have but questions and they don't understand the game I don't think this is necessarily again it's just the way where we can get to know each other.

lol yeah , we should be able to actualyl chat. we are better than those silly repetitive games. i remember when chit chat used to be like actual chatting.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    @riirii93_ oh! we have more in common then! I did ESL teaching for 8 years before I started my degree. ATM I'm not teaching - working in admin at a university - because took time off for having a baby and all that stuff and couldn't get another teaching job that suited my availabilities. Hope to get back into it soon though :) ESL is great fun! I loved it.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options

Yep - well - as I read it there are no rules - you just chat! :)

I better go do some work - just saw some emails come in :( urrghhhh soo over it today!
  • lovecrystaljoy
    Options

lol yeah , we should be able to actualyl chat. we are better than those silly repetitive games. i remember when chit chat used to be like actual chatting.
    I agree with you better to have a conversation with Somebody and get to know them. Rather then just flirting with someone you dont know

• riirii93_
    Options
    @riirii93_ oh! we have more in common then! I did ESL teaching for 8 years before I started my degree. ATM I'm not teaching - working in admin at a university - because took time off for having a baby and all that stuff and couldn't get another teaching job that suited my availabilities. Hope to get back into it soon though :) ESL is great fun! I loved it.

yes! i'm actually going to grad school to be a speech pathologist but i'd like to have an ESL certification too maybe, so i could also work w kids w heavy accents.
  • lovecrystaljoy
    Options

Yep - well - as I read it there are no rules - you just chat! :)

I better go do some work - just saw some emails come in :( urrghhhh soo over it today!
    I'm sorry I'm actually getting ready for bed I got a long day of work tomorrow but I'll be on when we get slow. Have a good night.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm on vacation and just getting up. I'm not going to say my age cause I'm way older than you all but I'm bored and the only one awake so I'm here. Haha
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm on vacation and just getting up. I'm not going to say my age cause I'm way older than you all but I'm bored and the only one awake so I'm here. Haha

Pssh, you're eternally 18 ;)
    I miss you Alison! Where you at now?
    Date

Well that's just rude! Here I was ready to cook you a nice meal and then eat it with you by candlelight.

Whoops! What I meant to say was 'hey! Welcome!' ;)

Riirii....22 is young! :#