Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't really like the "rate/date/marry/hot" type threads anymore. I like random fun threads, and it seems there aren't too many active ones. :)

Hopefully people can stay active on here then! It's up to us not to be boring :p
  • riirii93_
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    andympanda wrote: »
    Only reason I am reading this (or most chit chat threads) is by reading this stiff, I am not looking though the fridge or pantry for food to binge on. Stay strong everyone.

drink a lot of water and stay away from the kitchen! it'll help you not binge at night. that's my weakness too

A dark & dreary kitchen, keeps me away. I made this discovery when I was babysitting, at the time the house was only possibly a couple of years old but the kitchen was so ugly, I just avoided it as much as possible. So yeah, I need a kitchen like that.

Lollll just never do the dishes u will be too grossed out to go in there
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Hey all Kim 27 from Wales. Have two beautiful little ones and trying to lose extra few pounds gained in hospital. So can fit perfectly into my wedding dress in 3 weeks :)

Aw congrats! Post a pic of the dress!!
  • riirii93_
    Options
    A
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Good morning all -- been up since 2 am today and at work since 4:30 am -- no body even around at the time of the AM for conversation -- wishing I could have been up for a workout instead of work, but whatever -- at least I'll be heading home when others are eating lunch.

mid afternoon nap sounds pretty damn good right now lol and it's only 1030
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually found the comments on here pleasant and polite.

I am in college for business. I know i am getting my BA but if i stay single than i will get PHD.

I like your logic. I also wish you the best in your endeavor! Why does it seem like having a SO always gets in the way of what we want?

I disagree! If you have goals you should go for them and your SO should support you. A friend of mine is working on his PhD right now and he got married last summer. They're also from NYC and she moved with him to Ohio for school. I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive.
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello stranger dangers
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm sin. I'm sick, today. I have an awful headache, spent my entire night.. Uh.. TMI. Yeah.

I still do not feel well. My head hurts. My eyes are spinning.

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    (And I do have to admit)...

Those threads can be fun when you get to creep out and annoy people. Some people take stuff so srs.

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hello. I like chatting too... but never enter the date/kiss/whatever threads. Not my style.

I'm crazy exhausted. We've had such a crazy week. We're renovating our bathroom and laundry room in our basement, and my in-laws came yesterday. We tried to have it all done by the time they got here, but we were pretty close. Everything is installed, but not everything is plumbed. So that's fun. We're working on getting a "fish room" installed into the laundry room. We have a 260 gallon marine aquarium, and want to run our sump/filtration tanks in the laundry room, with our main tank in the TV/living room. It's been a challenge, but we're getting very close.

Next weekend we're participating in a 24 hour endurance road race (car racing, closed track). Our race car (late 80's trans am) has been having overheating issues. The boys are in the garage with the car today, and we're taking it out to the country tonight to see if we can get it to overheat again, and to practice our driver changes. I'm really nervous about the race - I've only been on this track for lapping/limited passing events, which is really different than live racing. I've raced once at Las Vegas on a live track, which was a lot of fun. However, I was driving an Integra, which is a front wheel drive car with less horsepower. This car is a lot more to handle, and I'm worried about putting it into a wall, or another car.

That's where I'm at today.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I just moved to the Gulf Coast in Mississippi (an hour from New Orleans) from Utah. Very different but we love it. I have two girls, a husband of 14 years, and a dog.
    We're the last people on the earth to get Netflix, so I'm starting Greys Anatomy from the beginning, while my husband sleeps.

Are u in Salt Lake City? It looks like a very nice place to live! My neighbors just moved there

We moved from Utah, but I was about an hour from SLC. It's a great place to live, but I had never lived anywhere else, so when my husbands job situation changed we left on a new adventure. We love living so close to the beach now!
  • alpha_515
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    (And I do have to admit)...

Those threads can be fun when you get to creep out and annoy people. Some people take stuff so srs.

Your comments brighten my dull and boring life :D
  • Katiebear_81
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm sin. I'm sick, today. I have an awful headache, spent my entire night.. Uh.. TMI. Yeah.

I still do not feel well. My head hurts. My eyes are spinning.

Being sick sucks. I hope you feel better soon. Do you have someone to take care of you and make you soup? I like it when my BF or my mom does stuff like that for me.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm 31. I was a teacher for 6 years and then they cut my position, so now I'm working two part-time jobs that don't pay all of my bills, but I dread having to find a third part-time job. I'd get a new full-time job, but I feel bad leaving either place I'm currently working. And I still would probably need another part-time job.

I've been on MFP for like 5ish years. But I didn't use the message board feature until about a year or two ago. A year ago I said I was going to get serious about getting healthy. That has not happened.

I'm not much of a partier, either. I'd much rather sit around chatting with my friends or playing board games.
  • vaani96
    vaani96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello! :smile: thought I'd quickly greet everyone a good day/night. I'm on duty at the rescue squad all day, 7a-7p so I'm sort of stuck in one place and can only do so much exercise in my uniform...anyway, hope everyone is doing fantastic!
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi, who and how are you? Tell me something interesting and let's get to know each other. Cause we all know no one is gaining anything from asking if the person below you is hot.

man, you're such a party pooper... you know we need the constant validation from random people on the internet!
  • Katiebear_81
    Options
    What do you mean by rescue squal, @vaani96 ? Is that like a paramedic or EMS responder?
  • alpha_515
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »
    Hi, who and how are you? Tell me something interesting and let's get to know each other. Cause we all know no one is gaining anything from asking if the person below you is hot.

man, you're such a party pooper... you know we need the constant validation from random people on the internet!

hahahha ...wait..are you one of them ? o.O
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    crssftlv wrote: »

hahahha ...wait..are you one of them ? o.O

B) A cool cat like me? Pshhh
  • vaani96
    vaani96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by rescue squal, @vaani96 ? Is that like a paramedic or EMS responder?
    I'm an EMT, so still it's considered basic life support but I work on an ambulance to provide prehospital care with help from the paramedics if needed :)
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Trying to waste time and not think about food. This seems innocent enough! Currently reside it Wisconsin and have beautiful heat for once! Recently found a passion with crossfit and want to get certified in personal training and/or nutrition. Something about heath and fitness excite me. I never found anything to do with my Bachelor's and have no idea where to start with finding something I enjoy waking up to do. In my experience, a stamped piece of paper is worthless without connects and experience. Anyone their own boss? How did you make it work? Where did you start?