Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options
riirii93_
riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
Hi, who and how are you? Tell me something interesting and let's get to know each other. Cause we all know no one is gaining anything from asking if the person below you is hot.

Replies

• freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey guys, even though I doubt (no offense) this thread is going to go anywhere I'm willing to put in my bit. Just seems like most people in the forums are here to goof around.

Anyways I'm Josh and I've been an on and off member for 7 years. Health and fitness has always been important to me. I came back after some of my (very) poor lifestyle choices nearly killed me. I ended up having a stroke at the ripe age of 26 now I'm trying to get my body and mind back on par with where it used to be prior to that. I'm a huge into the outdoors, astronomy, physics and I like watching scifi movies and shows. Also naturally a hunter and sportsmen. There's my story, short version anyway

Ohh and I'm going to be moving to Australia At the end of September. Nothing against Wisconsin but I can't wait to leave this state and this country for a while!
  • freak4iron
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    Hi, who and how are you? Tell me something interesting and let's get to know each other. Cause we all know no one is gaining anything from asking if the person below you is hot.

So now I wanna hear your story op?
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's nice to have a thread where you could have regular conversations. There's not many places to do it except a few threads or via direct messaging. What are you guys upto?

My day has just started! I'm good, despite the bad sleep I had last night. Hopefully drinking tea will wake me up a bit.
  • freak4iron
    Options
    PewterSky wrote: »
    Hey, it's nice to have a thread where you could have regular conversations. There's not many places to do it except a few threads or via direct messaging. What are you guys upto?

My day has just started! I'm good, despite the bad sleep I had last night. Hopefully drinking tea will wake me up a bit.

Days just stRting? You work night shift or do you live on the other side of the world? My days just ending... Winding down to some 12 monkeys (the tv show series)!
  • ogcesar13626
    ogcesar13626 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just joining on 2 day streak going yeaaaa im 19 sooo hi.. lets get this thread poppin
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Hello I'm Mindy 28 years old 6 year old son we love the outdoors!!!! He runs me ragged. :p

he sounds like a good exercise machine LOL
  • freak4iron
    Options
    Hello I'm Mindy 28 years old 6 year old son we love the outdoors!!!! He runs me ragged. :p

he sounds like a good exercise machine LOL

Op what's going on with you? You can't just ask us and not tell us about yourself.... Geez :P
  • riirii93_
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Hey guys, even though I doubt (no offense) this thread is going to go anywhere I'm willing to put in my bit. Just seems like most people in the forums are here to goof around.

Anyways I'm Josh and I've been an on and off member for 7 years. Health and fitness has always been important to me. I came back after some of my (very) poor lifestyle choices nearly killed me. I ended up having a stroke at the ripe age of 26 now I'm trying to get my body and mind back on par with where it used to be prior to that. I'm a huge into the outdoors, astronomy, physics and I like watching scifi movies and shows. Also naturally a hunter and sportsmen. There's my story, short version anyway

Ohh and I'm going to be moving to Australia At the end of September. Nothing against Wisconsin but I can't wait to leave this state and this country for a while!

yeah I dk I am just sooo bored of all the games threads, I think we could start something fun here. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've been on and off a lot too the past few years but now I finally have the time and health to dedicate myself to this. The other night some of my friends got together at the university's observatory built in 1896 to see the stars. Well, saturn anyway. We could see its rings. It kind of looked like a little sticker, it almost looked fake lol. I had to stand up on this big wooden ladder chair thingie to look out of it. I felt like an anachronism!

Australia? Permanently? How/why. It looks awesome there. I know how you feel, I went to Mexico City to get away from the midwest lol. Greatest experience of my life. I like Wisconsin tho, I had a really delicious cheeseburger at this place called charcoal inn south in sheboygan.. So good. Ugh. Um sorry anyway lol got a little distracted by that memory. Ever been there? Maybe u should make a stop there before u leave. Do you have trouble losing weight living in the cheese capital of the US? I do, even over here in IL. I guess I just wrote u a paragraph LOL u were interesting.
  • riirii93_
    Options

I've just been at home, had kind of a dull dayyy. Was feeling a little down but trying to get over it. I'll chalk it up to the post graduation blues. I'm in an empty college town this summer. People will come back in a few weeks but bleh, I'M GONNA BE OLDER THAN THE REST OF THEM. I guess I can hang out w graduate students, heh.

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Only reason I am reading this (or most chit chat threads) is by reading this stiff, I am not looking though the fridge or pantry for food to binge on. Stay strong everyone.
  • PewterSky
    Options

Days just stRting? You work night shift or do you live on the other side of the world? My days just ending... Winding down to some 12 monkeys (the tv show series)!

I don't think I can ever work night shifts. I live on the other side of the world. So it's after 10am here. What kind of show is 12 monkeys?
    Can't sleep so I'm messing around on my phone :( hopefully I can get a few hours in before I have to get up and head to work.

Hate when that happens. I hope you get some sleep soon.
  • riirii93_
    Options

So now I wanna hear your story op?

Hmmm my story.

I'm from Illinois, central illinois in a big college town. I just graduated wooo finally! I've also lived in Copenhagen Denmark, Chicago, and Mexico City. I LOVE traveling. I also really like cooking and doing outdoors things like hiking going to the beach, biking, going for long walks in the pouring rain and making out..jk on the last one. I like going for walks outside, especially in a big city. I liked living in Chicago a lot. Every day there was an adventure. I like people a lot but I can be sort of shy in groups.

I was a really heavy child, borderline obese. Lost 50 lbs when I was 12 but then spiraled into anorexia. Recovered totally but I have some extra pounds on me now I'd like to get rid of.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Hey guys just joining on 2 day streak going yeaaaa im 19 sooo hi.. lets get this thread poppin

welcome :D don't quit, keep going, quitting is for squares!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hello all :) I am procrastinating at work from Australia. Nearly time for me to leave and I do have stuff to do but you know... So I decided to join in here! I've done my workout for the day (I work out at lunchtime) and am on track with my food.

I have a 4 y.o girl and a 4. y.o cat - they are my babies.

What else? hmmmmmmmmmmmm apart from being a crazy cat lady I like horses too. And outdoors. And reading books.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    Only reason I am reading this (or most chit chat threads) is by reading this stiff, I am not looking though the fridge or pantry for food to binge on. Stay strong everyone.

drink a lot of water and stay away from the kitchen! it'll help you not binge at night. that's my weakness too
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

How come you're moving Down Under?
  • riirii93_
    Options
    where do you live @mindygale03 ?
  • skahtboi
    skahtboi Posts: 7,804 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the rules of this particular game! :D
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Hello all :) I am procrastinating at work from Australia. Nearly time for me to leave and I do have stuff to do but you know... So I decided to join in here! I've done my workout for the day (I work out at lunchtime) and am on track with my food.

I have a 4 y.o girl and a 4. y.o cat - they are my babies.

What else? hmmmmmmmmmmmm apart from being a crazy cat lady I like horses too. And outdoors. And reading books.

nice camila! you look like ur in amazing shape, so jealous! maybe u and @freak4iron can work out together when he gets to australia jajaja. I love horses too, I'm just too poor to afford lessons anymore.
  • PewterSky
    Options

I've just been at home, had kind of a dull dayyy. Was feeling a little down but trying to get over it. I'll chalk it up to the post graduation blues. I'm in an empty college town this summer. People will come back in a few weeks but bleh, I'M GONNA BE OLDER THAN THE REST OF THEM. I guess I can hang out w graduate students, heh.

Ah, I understand. Sometimes I still want to go back to college and perpetually be a student. I really miss those days, life was definitely much more easier. How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

I usually have very busy days so sometimes dull days are nice to have but one dull day is about the most I can manage or I start feeling a little down too.