Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am 39 and live in Texas. For whatever reason I have been wide awake since 5:30am. I came across this thread and thought this is a nice change! Unfortunately I cannot think of a good topic of conversations.....too early here!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm Jacqueline, from NYC. I just got up after a 36 hour bug and this (my profile pic) is what I look like this morning. B) I can't comb my hair because my hand is in a finger to elbow cast. :#
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    lbt1004 wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I work with the public. I fantasize about creating National Say What You Are Really Thinking Day.

Well I think that would be a great idea. The entire PC brigade would put an end to it quickly though!

The PC brigade can have 364 days....I just want one. Oh what a glorious day that would be.

I often do that and it always gets me in trouble.
  • Isynoho
    Isynoho Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Im in my 40's and still think I'm in my 20's (other than after a run..!). Love open fires and cuddles as well as red wine and great movies (like Grand Budapest Hotel).
  • synchkat
    Options
    I often forget my age.
    And that movie...I fell asleep while watching because either fall asleep during movies and I had the strangest dreams.
  • lbt1004
    lbt1004 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm Jacqueline, from NYC. I just got up after a 36 hour bug and this (my profile pic) is what I look like this morning. B) I can't comb my hair because my hand is in a finger to elbow cast. :#

Sorry about the cast, but thanks for the pic and sense of humor. Life is good!
  • lbt1004
    lbt1004 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I work with the public. I fantasize about creating National Say What You Are Really Thinking Day.

Well I think that would be a great idea. The entire PC brigade would put an end to it quickly though!

The PC brigade can have 364 days....I just want one. Oh what a glorious day that would be.

I often do that and it always gets me in trouble.

Oh...I work without a filter in my personal life. You ask, I will tell you! Probably tell you even if you dont ask. But professionally, I work in a dental office, I bite my tongue often.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Ugh, supposed to clean and ready the kitchen and house for holiday goodie making and decorating, but now that the time is here to do it, everything else sounds so much better. Like nothing.

At least Prog Rock Palace is on to listen to.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Now enjoying a pit stop for a few days on our way to summer home..so glad we've stopped for a few days..my butt is numb from hours in the car
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Last night I bought a 6-pack of Guinness Nitro IPA

nitro-400x400.jpg

...and it is spectacular. The main reason I don't normally go for IPAs is because it seems to be a competition to see who can make the most hoppy beer on the market. Guinness's take on the IPA is smooth, with just the right amount of hoppy flavor, and goes down great. The fact that they used their awesome in-can nitro delivery system makes it even better, and gives me a reason to use my Guinness glasses. I'll be drinking a lot more of this stuff in the future.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »

nitro-400x400.jpg

...and it is spectacular. The main reason I don't normally go for IPAs is because it seems to be a competition to see who can make the most hoppy beer on the market. Guinness's take on the IPA is smooth, with just the right amount of hoppy flavor, and goes down great. The fact that they used their awesome in-can nitro delivery system makes it even better, and gives me a reason to use my Guinness glasses. I'll be drinking a lot more of this stuff in the future.

This just blew my mind ! Guinness being my favourite beer I feel embarrassed I haven't even heard of this. Then I did some Goggling and it's not at all available in Canada .. yet any ways, that I can find.

They're doing a thing now where they come out with one "Brewer's Project" beer per year. Last year was this:

140905143001-guinness-american-lager-620xa.jpg

And that one's pretty good too. I didn't know about the IPA until I was at Total Wine last night though.
  • _fitness4life_
    _fitness4life_ Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I love Kilkenny but prefer wine. I just cooked up a weeks worth of food because I don't have time to cook during the week if I want to workout and I refuse to eat boxed food. Now I am sitting on the couch with my dog on top of me.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I really need to get in that habit of a weekly cooking session! So beneficial!

My brother just made French toast with pumpkin spice bread and it smells phenomenal! Emphasis on nom!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Ugh, too many exclamation points. I'm not actually that excited right now.
  • clau9734
    clau9734 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

nitro-400x400.jpg

Ohhh looks intresting. I need to find this :)
  • _fitness4life_
    Options
    Work is so busy and all I can focus on is my after work workout! When the hell did this happen?
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Well - I'm 50 and need new shoes; - strappy black heels for my xmas party. I have a 19 year old daughter who needs a car... so in the meantime, she walks her phat *kitten* everywhere.... I need a new car b/c my 17 year old son is 6'5 and can't fit into my car anymore,.......work is boring but I love it.........I was attempted to eat another recess candy but refused........my gym workout w/ my trainer starts tomorrow night (yay)......... and my friend and I want to go on Shark Tank... that's me :)
  • _fitness4life_
    Options
    Well - I'm 50 and need new shoes; - strappy black heels for my xmas party. I have a 19 year old daughter who needs a car... so in the meantime, she walks her phat *kitten* everywhere.... I need a new car b/c my 17 year old son is 6'5 and can't fit into my car anymore,.......work is boring but I love it.........I was attempted to eat another recess candy but refused........my gym workout w/ my trainer starts tomorrow night (yay)......... and my friend and I want to go on Shark Tank... that's me :)

looking good for 50 and every woman needs new shoes for special events!
  • ljcox7210
    ljcox7210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm lucinda, I'm 20 years old, I have lost 100lbs so far and I'm looking to maintain right now or lose a few more :)
  • synchkat
    Options
    Wow congrats Lucinda that's amazing! And what a pretty name