Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options
1646566676870»

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    A lady in front of my bought 12 jars of instant coffee yesterday....12!!!! She was all excited because they were on sale. Ya they were on sale because that stuff is is icky. I'm no coffee snob but 12 jars?!?! That would last me until the end of my life
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    instant coffee...a disgrace to all coffee..lol and 12 is quite excessive...i might get some pastries while im at it, im pretty hungry
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    mmm what kind of pastries? within a block of my house we have this lovely patisserie with yummy pastries and a 24 hr Montreal style bagel place that if you are lucky and time your visit right you will get bagels, straight out of the wood fired oven OMG
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    wow that sounds really good, I dont know yet i really dont make up my mind until i see them in my face, but i might just get a bunch for the rest of the week and enjoy :3

now i just want a bagel as well, thanks haha
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @Lo0BLu I can't agree more on the hell that looks like.
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Killing time at work drinking my morning coffee and checking email.

Ah the life of a cubicle jockey.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    nonrg wrote: »

How many cups are you on? by this time im already on my 3rd cup. I hate office work.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I gave up on those sites. If you're older, the guys are all looking for attractive women 20+ years younger than them. As if. B)

Or the young guys are just looking to hook up with attractive older women like me :(

@47Jacqueline @tracyannk28

Fixed for both of you.

Face facts, nobody is going to troll or hope to just find a quick hookup with the ugly ducklings. I'm not saying it's the fault of either of you for being attractive ladies, but if any profile has a photo it leaves opportunity for the "creepy" guys to try. Maybe find a less flattering photo for your profiles, maybe one funny if sense of humor is important, one in professional clothing if that is important to you, etc. Or a very vague photo might attract less creepers and only people with real like interests or something.

And keep in mind that maybe the guy that sent the message you think was "creepy" is just socially awkward, and thought that being forward was the only way to provoke a possible response, especially if they were setting their sights high. I realize that this excludes any guy that calls you a crack ***** when he doesn't get his way, but really most people are somewhat deficient in some aspect. Some of them could be nice guys looking for a similar relationship but just be poor at communicating or understanding what you think is appropriate.

Because, once again facing facts... a lot of the "hook up" type sites and attitudes is because not all women are ladies either. If they were just sites where the guys fished and never got a bite, they probably wouldn't exist all that long.

And totally agree on the blocking likely due to his wife! :o

Legal Disclaimer: Robertw486 assumes no liability for dating advice given on this site. Dating restrictions may apply. Married people out of the dating loop may not be suggested for dating advice. Read all directions carefully, and discard if they do not apply. Creepers might find you even if you have no photo. "Sexy" is not always a physical thing. Shipping and handling charges are extra. But one, get one free only applies to really cheap dates. Your mileage may vary.

loved this response...I have been out of the dating pool for 20 years now but his perspective seems legit. Which doesn't solve the dilemma of where should people (men and women alike) go to find relationships instead of quick hookups.

As two people that have a combined time out of the dating pool of 50 years, I think me and you should become the new experts in finding people relationships here on MFP. Similar to the @AskTracyAnnK28 thread for MFP dating advice!

hahahahaha! I honestly don't think it's possible to find real relationships (other than friendships) here on MFP. Too many catfishes, married people and headless torso pics

@AskTracyAnnK28

Me and @_fitness4life_ are currently working on the complex algorithm that will match you with your true MFP soulmate. It may take some fine tuning, but at this point it comes down to when you might drink a lot and what guys you think are hot. From there we still have to figure out the little details... you know, jobs, kids, geography, etc. But there is hope!

Cool project indeed!!
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    JeffreyMG wrote: »
    nonrg wrote: »

How many cups are you on? by this time im already on my 3rd cup. I hate office work.

I have a 24oz Bubba Thermos cup that keeps the coffee hot all morning. I work through that and go from there.

Yeah, not sure I could sit here for 8 hours without caffeine.
  • Lo0BLu
    Lo0BLu Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Since starting this healthier eating through food logging thing (i have never done it in my life and only started 1st Jan) I have gone right off coffee. So now I am tea all the way......although i guess it helps being English :)
  • CherylNTexas
    CherylNTexas Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I just had a wild urge to bump up old posts. Carry on with your day! :wink:
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    My news feed isn't showing anything I feel really scarrd
  • About_Thyme
    About_Thyme Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know, right? I thought I lost my one friend.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Is yours doing that
  • About_Thyme
    About_Thyme Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yerp.
  • linddd
    linddd Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    I "lost" my driver's license when someone didn't give it back to me the other day... was really glad it wasn't truly lost!

What's something good that's happened to you lately?
  • CherylNTexas
    CherylNTexas Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    The best thing that's happened to me lately is getting back on a healthy eating plan and MFP. There are a lot of things in my life that are changing, and this is one thing that I can control.