Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I agree you're being too harsh on yourself. You're beautiful
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I gave up on those sites. If you're older, the guys are all looking for attractive women 20+ years younger than them. As if. B)

Or the young guys are just looking to hook up with attractive older women like me :(

@47Jacqueline @tracyannk28

Fixed for both of you.

Face facts, nobody is going to troll or hope to just find a quick hookup with the ugly ducklings. I'm not saying it's the fault of either of you for being attractive ladies, but if any profile has a photo it leaves opportunity for the "creepy" guys to try. Maybe find a less flattering photo for your profiles, maybe one funny if sense of humor is important, one in professional clothing if that is important to you, etc. Or a very vague photo might attract less creepers and only people with real like interests or something.

And keep in mind that maybe the guy that sent the message you think was "creepy" is just socially awkward, and thought that being forward was the only way to provoke a possible response, especially if they were setting their sights high. I realize that this excludes any guy that calls you a crack ***** when he doesn't get his way, but really most people are somewhat deficient in some aspect. Some of them could be nice guys looking for a similar relationship but just be poor at communicating or understanding what you think is appropriate.

Because, once again facing facts... a lot of the "hook up" type sites and attitudes is because not all women are ladies either. If they were just sites where the guys fished and never got a bite, they probably wouldn't exist all that long.

And totally agree on the blocking likely due to his wife! :o

Legal Disclaimer: Robertw486 assumes no liability for dating advice given on this site. Dating restrictions may apply. Married people out of the dating loop may not be suggested for dating advice. Read all directions carefully, and discard if they do not apply. Creepers might find you even if you have no photo. "Sexy" is not always a physical thing. Shipping and handling charges are extra. But one, get one free only applies to really cheap dates. Your mileage may vary.

@robertw486 The thing is about less attractive photos is that then I wouldn't get any hits at all. So we have to take the good with the (very) bad.

it makes me sad that some women would lower themselves and behave less like ladies just to get attention from a man on the internet. It makes us all look bad.

I'm just about done with the whole dating thing. I think I'm getting too old for the nonsense :(

For me posting pictures, that reveal my body; isn't meant to attract men. It's meant to repel the men, that wouldn't be attracted to my body. So that I don't waste my time, money, feelings, etc. and/or them theirs, dating each other. I don't want to wait until the moment, we're about to be intimate; to find that the sight of my body'd cause him to have erectile dysfunction. These pictures:

lblw0y75aic2.jpg

595l9p98puwk.jpg

don't show, that my breast's are actually; half way to my belly button & has stretch marks. That my belly is flabby, has stretch marks & an indented biopsy scar. That my hips & thighs have severe cellulite (not just, on the back; of them either) or that 1 of my thighs, also has an indented biopsy scar.

I love this entire post so much!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    GDLAZ wrote: »
    You should give yourself more credit Monday, you're a lovely lady. Anyone who's lived life has a few marks to show for it...
    synchkat wrote: »

Thank you very much. I agree that everyone has, marks to show for; the life that they live & I don't mind how I look but when I posted a picture, of myself in a sports bra; I actually got a couple of messages that said: Yuck. So this is the unfortunate reality, of dating websites. They expect us to look flawless or accept being single, as a consequence. My hope was to find a "nice guy that finishes last" but what I found, were narcissistic sociopaths. It appears that all of the nice guys, already have someone.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I gave up on those sites. If you're older, the guys are all looking for attractive women 20+ years younger than them. As if. B)

Or the young guys are just looking to hook up with attractive older women like me :(

@47Jacqueline @tracyannk28

Fixed for both of you.

Face facts, nobody is going to troll or hope to just find a quick hookup with the ugly ducklings. I'm not saying it's the fault of either of you for being attractive ladies, but if any profile has a photo it leaves opportunity for the "creepy" guys to try. Maybe find a less flattering photo for your profiles, maybe one funny if sense of humor is important, one in professional clothing if that is important to you, etc. Or a very vague photo might attract less creepers and only people with real like interests or something.

And keep in mind that maybe the guy that sent the message you think was "creepy" is just socially awkward, and thought that being forward was the only way to provoke a possible response, especially if they were setting their sights high. I realize that this excludes any guy that calls you a crack ***** when he doesn't get his way, but really most people are somewhat deficient in some aspect. Some of them could be nice guys looking for a similar relationship but just be poor at communicating or understanding what you think is appropriate.

Because, once again facing facts... a lot of the "hook up" type sites and attitudes is because not all women are ladies either. If they were just sites where the guys fished and never got a bite, they probably wouldn't exist all that long.

And totally agree on the blocking likely due to his wife! :o

Legal Disclaimer: Robertw486 assumes no liability for dating advice given on this site. Dating restrictions may apply. Married people out of the dating loop may not be suggested for dating advice. Read all directions carefully, and discard if they do not apply. Creepers might find you even if you have no photo. "Sexy" is not always a physical thing. Shipping and handling charges are extra. But one, get one free only applies to really cheap dates. Your mileage may vary.

@robertw486 The thing is about less attractive photos is that then I wouldn't get any hits at all. So we have to take the good with the (very) bad.

it makes me sad that some women would lower themselves and behave less like ladies just to get attention from a man on the internet. It makes us all look bad.

I'm just about done with the whole dating thing. I think I'm getting too old for the nonsense :(

For me posting pictures, that reveal my body; isn't meant to attract men. It's meant to repel the men, that wouldn't be attracted to my body. So that I don't waste my time, money, feelings, etc. and/or them theirs, dating each other. I don't want to wait until the moment, we're about to be intimate; to find that the sight of my body'd cause him to have erectile dysfunction. These pictures:

lblw0y75aic2.jpg

595l9p98puwk.jpg

don't show, that my breast's are actually; half way to my belly button & has stretch marks. That my belly is flabby, has stretch marks & an indented biopsy scar. That my hips & thighs have severe cellulite (not just, on the back; of them either) or that 1 of my thighs, also has an indented biopsy scar.

I love this entire post so much!

Thank you!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You should give yourself more credit Monday, you're a lovely lady. Anyone who's lived life has a few marks to show for it...

Thank you very much. I agree that everyone has, marks to show for; the life that they live & I don't mind how I look but when I posted a picture, of myself in a sports bra; I actually got a couple of messages that said: Yuck. So this is the unfortunate reality, of dating websites. They expect us to look flawless or accept being single, as a consequence. My hope was to find a "nice guy that finishes last" but what I found, were narcissistic sociopaths. It appears that all of the nice guys, already have someone.

@MondayJune22nd2015 I think you're lovely and those stupid guys are missing out on someone fantastic :smile:

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for a conversation I can jump into
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    How bout them skins baby!!!! HTTR!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options

@MondayJune22nd2015 I think you're lovely and those stupid guys are missing out on someone fantastic :smile:

Thank you very much & you know what, that's the cruel irony about it. These guys announce, on their profiles; that they won't settle but what they don't understand, is that by being picky; they're settling. They're settling for no one, they're settling; for being alone. How is that not settling, for something worse; than someone whom isn't flawless?
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    How bout dem cowwwwboyz
  • boomshakalaka911
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dem 4 and 10 cowboyssss
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    It's pouring and my creek is swollen.

Not as euphemismy as it sounds.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Blah blah blah .. but seriously though .. would you date the person above? Dance? Hug? Marry?? Like what are we talking about..

This was created, to be as close to an actual chat room; as possible. So we "chat" about anything/everything here but it isn't a game thread, about what to do; with the person above.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yay Cowboys <3

Oh wait........sorry wrong kind of cowboys <Backs out of thread slowly>

9mo08i12xb8t.png
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    Anybody looking forward to Christmas? Not to be a downer though I know I am, but I'm not. I'm just ready for the new year to start
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    How about...would the person above me go work my shift because even though it's only a four day workweek I still can't get enthused about my Monday?
  • boomshakalaka911
    Options
    How bout dat new superman movie?
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Blah blah blah .. but seriously though .. would you date the person above? Dance? Hug? Marry?? Like what are we talking about..

There there, I know it's hard to break the habit. *pets you*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Yay Cowboys <3

9mo08i12xb8t.png

:o ..I think I like the cowboys B)
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    How about...would the person above me go work my shift because even though it's only a four day workweek I still can't get enthused about my Monday?

I keep forgetting its Monday. Probably cause SD is working and he's usually off
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Yay Cowboys <3

9mo08i12xb8t.png

:o ..I think I like the cowboys B)

Mmm me likie these cowboys too.

And I'm totally looking forward to Christmas. I love Christmas.