My Story. I am not done but still going strong!

Options
13»

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    khill5555 wrote: »
    You are doing great! I am down 47 lbs but still have 80 lbs to lose! Every single day is a challenge for me. My suggestion is to 'hide' the vegi's. For example: Make spaghetti one night for dinner. For the sauce use a jar of sauce and then put a little bit of ground turkey breast and then blend up in the blender some vegi's (kale, broccoli, zucchini, etc.) and add it to the sauce--then it becomes part of the sauce and you actually don't taste the vegi's but you are taking them in! Add extra seasoning if need be. For noodles I suggest using Spaghetti Squash but if that is too weird for you then use whole wheat spaghetti noodles covered with the yummy Vegi Sauce you made! Good luck and Veg out!!! :-)

@khill5555 That is one seriously sneaky trick. I like it. I NEVER thought about blending veggies up and throwing 'em in like that. BRILLIANT!
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The only vegetables that I can eat without dressing are cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and pickles! And sometimes carrots lol. I gonna say something. I have lost 43 pounds and had hardly any vegetables in my diet. So why does the internet say you need that crap to lose weight? lol
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. Keep going!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep the awesome work!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!! Keep going!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • KristenMarie1181
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The only vegetables that I can eat without dressing are cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and pickles! And sometimes carrots lol. I gonna say something. I have lost 43 pounds and had hardly any vegetables in my diet. So why does the internet say you need that crap to lose weight? lol

as long as you are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight but veggies add a not of nutrients and carry lots of health benefits without the extra calories.

try corn and peas, sugar snap peas, snow peas. they are a little sweeter than other veggies. spinach doesnt have much of a taste. so thats easy to add as well. I love to mix them into my rice or my farro. but you can also mix them up in pasta. try adding a little cilantro with some onions and garlic and a sprinkle of adobo.

so for tonights dinner
    (I buy a lot of frozen veggies) frozen stir fry (string beans, peppers, water chestnuts, broccoli) and a can of chick peas. i heated my pan with some grapeseed oil. thru the veggies in there, added some spices (red robin seasoning, black pepper garlic) cooked it over a high flame to evaporate the water. and i mixed that in my farro (its an ancient grain that has protein, its chewy like pasta and sooooo good)

maybe if the veggies are savory and flavorful you'll like them better?
    and if not who cares you are doing something that is working for you! congrats on the 40lbs loss!
  • KristenMarie1181
    Options
    Thank you! I might have to try that!! :)
  • Cocoa1020
    Options
    Thank you! I might have to try that!! :)

your welcome!

healthy food does not have to be tasteless!
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Do you like biking? Minnesota has the best bike trails. As for veggies, some sweeter ones to try are asparagus, okinawan sweet potato, and yams.
  • Cocoa1020
    Options
    i forgot about asparagus!!!! love it!!!!
    TnZMom wrote: »
    Congratulations! Do you like biking? Minnesota has the best bike trails. As for veggies, some sweeter ones to try are asparagus, okinawan sweet potato, and yams.

• BGirl_Sandwich
    BGirl_Sandwich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are on the right way. Just keep going. I know there are days when you can't see the results and get frustrated but it's important to continue doing what you doing even when you feel like giving up. The results are noticeable!
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are full of nutrition so I would encourage you to introduce them to your diet. It often takes time to learn how to like new foods. My little brother used to hate vegetables but after forcing himself to eat he eventually learned to tolerate them and will happily eat them. They aren't his favourite foods, but most people don't regard vegetables as there favourite things so I think that's pretty normal really.

Pick some vegetables, add them to whatever meal your having until you're accustomed to them. Learning new ways of eating can be difficult but it is so worth it.

Keep up the good work.
  • noreenhuff
    noreenhuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking wonderful! Hard work pays off. I just started back weighing in at 201 pounds 5'10" tall. I want to get down to at least 165! I bought Garcinia Cambrogia with Chromium Piccolinate and Green Cofffee Bean Extract to help me. 2 pills before breakfast and 2 pills before dinner. I will show my results before and after.
  • KristenMarie1181
    Options

I don't own a bike. :(

Options
    [

I don't own a bike. :(

Are you in Minnesota??? You can get a bike garage sale, goodwill n friends. If you want I have a extra one.. You are doing so well keep going!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
    Options
    khill5555 wrote: »
    You are doing great! I am down 47 lbs but still have 80 lbs to lose! Every single day is a challenge for me. My suggestion is to 'hide' the vegi's. For example: Make spaghetti one night for dinner. For the sauce use a jar of sauce and then put a little bit of ground turkey breast and then blend up in the blender some vegi's (kale, broccoli, zucchini, etc.) and add it to the sauce--then it becomes part of the sauce and you actually don't taste the vegi's but you are taking them in! Add extra seasoning if need be. For noodles I suggest using Spaghetti Squash but if that is too weird for you then use whole wheat spaghetti noodles covered with the yummy Vegi Sauce you made! Good luck and Veg out!!! :-)

Sounds good!!!!gayle Minneapolis
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!!
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You can really see a difference in your face! We started at the same weight, but I began in February. Down to 278.2 this morning, it's hard to believe 6 months ago I didn't realize I had a problem with my weight/food. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Keep up the excellent work, you'll get there, and be so proud of yourself!!

I have another 35lbs to lose, then I'm at the weight my surgeon wants me to be for surgery. I started at 375lbs, I'm currently at 231lbs - it's not easy going and at times you will feel like giving up, but think of it as a lifestyle change, and not a diet, it makes life so much less stressful!

Good luck!

3894102.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!