August 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Ok, I really want to be out there with you guys and plan to soon. I was running 3x a week, but the pain in my right leg got too bad and I stopped. I'm about to have my rod and screws removed from my tibia. After surgery I have to wait 6 weeks before I start running agian. So, it might be September when I can catch up with ya. ;)
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    According to my training plan I am in for 200 for August! Crap! I guess that is what I get for signing up for a 50k. ;)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Love twinning! @autumnblade75 @karllundy @whatmerunning ha ha Glad I'm not the only one who tries to get here first
    @briebee7 that will teach you! You and @jorocka are both saying "what was I thinking!"

Welcome to the new folks!!!
  • Aresende90
    Aresende90 Posts: 70 Member
    I'm going to aim lower this month since I have a weeks vacation up north dirt biking, and other fun summer activities. So I'm going to say 50-55 miles
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    briebee7 wrote: »
    According to my training plan I am in for 200 for August! Crap! I guess that is what I get for signing up for a 50k. ;)
    Awesome! You are my new hero. As someone who has never run an ultra, I believe the response I'm supposed to give is, "I wouldn't even want to drive my car that far". Truth be told though, I hope to run a 50k in the spring.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    I'm in! Newbie runner here. I completed Couch to 5k this spring and summer, and just achieved my first full 5k run yesterday - it was awesome!

I'm going for 75k in August - eep!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    briebee7 wrote: »
    Awesome! You are my new hero. As someone who has never run an ultra, I believe the response I'm supposed to give is, "I wouldn't even want to drive my car that far". Truth be told though, I hope to run a 50k in the spring.

I can honestly say that an ultra was never on my radar to do. A running partner talked me into it during a morning run. I told him I would do long runs with him and next thing you know I am signed up! lol Now that I have started training I am loving that it is forcing me to get out on more trails.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Im a running newbie. Ill aim for 30 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    I will go in for 75. Only 3 more than last month which I went way past, but adding more cycling and not sure how I'm getting my long run in during August because I can't do it in the mornings and afternoons may be too hot!

Thanks Stan!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    I have 215 on my schedule but I'll be happy with anything over the 200 mark as I'm sure I'll have some off days here and there and miss or cut short some runs. July was/is a monthly mileage PR for me, and if all goes well, August will top it by 20-35 miles!

@WhatMeRunning & @briebee7: I think we need a 200-club first-timers support group! ;)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    My July goal was 30 miles and I hit that. I think I will shoot for 35 for August.
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Good Morning All! I think I'll go for 75 km in Aug :)
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    I'm going to stick with 100 miles for the month--I think I'll probably do more than that, but I have a vacation coming up where I may do activities rather than running.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,386 Member
    Ah I wanted to be first @whatmerunning! ha ha!!!

I'll go back to 120 miles this month.

Twins! I will also be aiming for 120 miles in the month of August.

Triplets! Me too!!
  • lewissheldon125
    lewissheldon125 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    My first go at this, some of you guys/gals have some crazy mileage being racked up! I'm starting with a modest 36 and i'll work up from there hopefully :smile:

exercise.png
  • Jodiec92
    Jodiec92 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm in for 60 miles! I would like to say 100 but given that I currently only run roughly 10 miles per week, that's probably a little bit ambitious! :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So question for the crowd... how much foam rolling do you all do?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Since weather has been iffy (mid to upper 90s, 100% humidity) AND other things have been coming up my mileage is way off last two months. I'm still going for and even 100 (and 300 on the bike).
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm going for 45 miles for August.
    exercise.png
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm in for 70 miles for August :smile: