August 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Super excited to actually make a mileage goal this month. I came into the game late in july and was not sure what I could expect of myself. So, my goal this month. Run 3 times a week and walk 3 times a week. Total mileage goal, 60 miles.
  • vivimigot
    vivimigot Posts: 12 Member
    Hello,
    As it is my first time I will go for 75 miles (1/3 running + 2/3 walking). Good luck everyone :smiley:
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    I'll go for only 60 this month: I expect my mileage to be affected by adding Lily to our tandem leash....and learning to lead 3 dogs now instead of 2 (for a total of 185 additional pounds of "pull"!)

lily.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So. I've bravely asked my highly none athletic type fiance if he wants to accompany me on my run tomorrow- he will be on his bike- and I'll be running- I have a 5 mile run.

I asked- and then went to myself- "dear god what did I do"... I haven't gotten an answer yet. LMAO
  • Kelce4Fit
    Kelce4Fit Posts: 21 Member
    I'm in for 100 miles for this month!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,488 Member
    For those of you use Nuun and are Coscto members, they have a sale going on until August 23rd for Nuun Active Hydration Electrolyte Drink tablets. 63 count box for $17, delivered, plus tax. A heck of a price!

http://www.costco.com/.product.883765.html

udb82uzheiph.jpeg
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Absolutely everyone here from those just starting out to old hands make this such a great group! Here's to an injury free fun filled August!!

Last month I did 293km (182 miles) on a stretch goal of 242km (150 miles). This month I'm aiming for 322 kilometers / 200 miles.

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		000.00 km
    Goal:			322 km / 200 miles (0% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Aug 01 TBD km !
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    @WhatMeRunning & @briebee7: I think we need a 200-club first-timers support group! ;)

@kristinegift You can add me to the group, I've not run 200+ miles in a single month in 20 years. Having typed that I hate saying it as I don't feel ... mentally ... one year older let alone 20 years. Ugh.

Anyway, shooting for 200 miles this month, 322 km for the metric folks.

• louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    My aim is just to run without getting injured again. Even if the runs are short, as long as I'm running 3-4 times a week, I'm happy :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    You 200 milers need a support group? What, like a 12-step program?
    Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a running addict. :smile:

I'm pretty happy today. The trails are back open giving me only my second opportunity this year to run on them (stupid rains...which we desperately needed). Not only that, but I took my Hoka Challenger ATR's back by the running store where I bought them for an analysis of the "ogre bite" that they took on my last 9 mile trail run, causing the sole on the front of both shoes to separate. They agreed that a trail shoe of that quality should not see that sort of condition after only 9 miles and were happy to do whatever I wished...trade them in, refund, repair, whatever. I had not considered repair. They felt it might be worth a try to glue the sole back on there, and if that does not hold up then bring them back in for replacement or refund. They also assured me that they would add some "ogre repellent" in the glue to help keep such a thing from happening again. So I went with that, since I really liked the feel of those shoes.

Heck, I'm so excited I almost peed a little.

Oops, gotta go.
    Laughed out loud on this one! HA!! Hope the shoes with ogre repellent work out for you!
    mwyvr wrote: »
    @WhatMeRunning & @briebee7: I think we need a 200-club first-timers support group! ;)

@kristinegift You can add me to the group, I've not run 200+ miles in a single month in 20 years. Having typed that I hate saying it as I don't feel ... mentally ... one year older let alone 20 years. Ugh.

Don't think I will ever make this club, but then I never thought I could ever run 100 miles or more in a month and I can do that pretty consistently now and I never thought I would run a half let alone 10 so far and qualifying for Half Fanatics... Yep, my name is Shana and I have a running addiction...

Welcome to all the new folks - we are a crazy but very fun and supportive group. A general warning however - subscribing to this group could bring on unintended addictions to running :)

• sushan88
    sushan88 Posts: 14 Member
    Another first timer, my goal is 250 km this month. My gym is having an 'indoor marathon' event until the 22d of August which is giving me some extra motivation!

exercise.png
  • Kelce4Fit
    Kelce4Fit Posts: 21 Member
    I squeezed in a run this morning before a hectic day!
    Good luck to everyone and have a wonderful day!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/womi1QD/exercise.png
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Good morning everyone! Happy August and Happy Saturday to all!
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Another newbie here. I'm only aiming for 20miles this month. It's not a lot, but besides the fact that I'm new, I'm also recovering from an injury and don't want to push myself too much.
  • spangolin
    spangolin Posts: 28 Member
    I'm in - aiming for 75 miles in August
    exercise.png
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    In July I ran 42 miles / 40 mile goal. My main fitness focus is on gaining weight and lifting. I have started doing a lot of different cardio like cycle and elliptical. This has cut back my miles a bit but I still want to "challenge" myself. So this month my goal is 45. Good luck everyone!
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    In for 90 miles!

exercise.png
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Lovely goals everyone! So glad to have the opportunity to run with ya'all again! Thanks Stan!
    I'm hoping for 130 miles this month. I agree @louubelle16 - my ultimate goal each month is to stay injury-free. Many blessings to everyone.

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Starting the month off right with... ::drumroll please:: A CUT-BACK WEEK! My miles today puts me at 50 for the week, so I'm down to ~40 next week (thank God).

8/1: 5 miles

5/200

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »

Still counts! You're in! (I'm just glad I'm not alone in my crazy number!)