• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

d6e4b50aslkj.jpg

Brilliant!!

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @karllundy I'm not sure if it legit. I'm just desperate to try anything that can keep me running.
  • Aresende90
    Aresende90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies and gents, sorry I've been MIA. But I'm back! And I've been running! Completed my first 5 miler Aug 9th. Time was 45:20, and almost puked when I crossed the finish line. It was well worth it though! Also had a virtual 5k this past weekend. My sister invited me to run a half with her in NY in October. She's 4 months PP and is only doing it because she won a free entry and hotel night. She is running 30mins walking 30 mins until she finishes, so if I can get the time off work to travel I'm going to do it, it will give me some insight before I run my official half this coming spring! Happy running! I'll start counting my miles again next month. Oh, I also joined a local running club! Woo! Hoping to make some new friends :)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    All you veteran hill runners...how big of a hill do you look for? I ran one on last night that, according to my Garmin, rose 100ft in a quarter mile. Seems like it would do the trick when I start doing hill repeats. What's that...a 7.6% grade?
    Those are about what we have here. Hard to find steeper without resorting to stairs. I have found some routes that have one or more of those and run them regularly. If I want to do a run with all hills, the best I can do is go back and forth over the same hill. There is a nice "valley" here with similarly steep hills on either side, about 100 feet of climb over about a 1/4 mile each side. I just run up one side, back down and up the other, and repeat until I get my distance. Makes for a tough workout.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    All in all, you're just a, nother brick in the wall.....

and that wall's coming DOWN!
    • 8/02 - 7.2mi
    • 8/06 - 5.2mi
    • 8/14 - 8.1mi
    • 8/18 - 6.4mi
    • 8/20 - 6.3mi
    exercise.png

[/quote]

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The hip flexor/knee problems are far more concerning because they hurt even when I'm not running.

Re your knee issue, does it hurt more going down stairs than up stairs? That was always a hint to me that I had ITBS. For many years now I've been pro-actively stretching to avoid ITB issues; seems to work.

Earlier this year I had hip flexor tightness on one side and used stretching to good effect there too.

@skippygirlsmom I think your company is just blocking all content from Instagram; I'll post them via a different method.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind on all the updates here! Work is getting in the way again. I will post my updates later and hopefully get caught up on everyone. In the mean time I wanted to share a bit from an article in Runners World/Zelle that resonated with me:

'Running is just a form of exercise until you love it. It’s exercise until your training takes you beyond the emphasis on effort and into the realm of ease. It’s exercise until the physical becomes spiritual. It’s exercise until “have to” or “should” becomes “I get to,” “I can’t wait to,” or “I can’t imagine not.” It’s exercise until the daily try becomes more interesting and important than the outcome. It’s exercise until the energy becomes essential. It’s exercise until you forget to care what you look like doing it, or what you look like because of it.'

Have a great run today!!
  • vany09
    vany09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hoping it is not too late to join :)

exercise.png
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    DATE ... MILES
    8/1 ... 16.5
    8/2 ... 10
    8/4 ... 5
    8/5 ... 8
    8/6 ... 5.25
    8/8 ... 17
    8/9 ... 6
    8/10 ... 4
    8/11 ... 5.5
    8/13 ... 5.5
    8/15 ... 13.1
    8/16 ... 10
    8/17 ... 6
    8/18 ... 5.5
    8/20 ... 9

126.35 done/200 goal

Ran to and from a group run this morning. I ended up running a much faster pace then I intended - a combination of leaving the house late and having to rush, then talking A LOT on the group run and not realizing my pace. Oops! Hopefully it doesn't effect my long run on Saturday.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    The hip flexor/knee problems are far more concerning because they hurt even when I'm not running.

Re your knee issue, does it hurt more going down stairs than up stairs? That was always a hint to me that I had ITBS. For many years now I've been pro-actively stretching to avoid ITB issues; seems to work.

Earlier this year I had hip flexor tightness on one side and used stretching to good effect there too.

Yes--and it hurts more to run downhill than uphill, too. Sounds like I have some research (and exercises!) to do.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    8 more miles today as I'm getting a bit more comfortable with that number. Held off on speedwork though as today was a bit more social of a running day. Still, I'll get in a session of that tomorrow at the track.

8/1 - 3 miles
    8/2 - 6 miles
    8/4 - 12 miles
    8/5 - 5.5 miles
    8/6 - 8 miles (w. 8x800s @ 6:22 pace)
    8/8 - 3 miles (sprint triathlon 5k @ 7:03 pace)
    8/10 - 9.5 miles
    8/11 - 3 mile run
    8/13 - 1 mile run
    8/16 - 5 mile run
    8/17 - 7 mile run
    8/18 - 8 mile run
    8/19 - 8 mile run
    8/20 - 8 mile run

Total: 87 miles
    Goal: 140 miles
    Remaining: 53 miles
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

'Running is just a form of exercise until you love it. It’s exercise until your training takes you beyond the emphasis on effort and into the realm of ease. It’s exercise until the physical becomes spiritual. It’s exercise until “have to” or “should” becomes “I get to,” “I can’t wait to,” or “I can’t imagine not.” It’s exercise until the daily try becomes more interesting and important than the outcome. It’s exercise until the energy becomes essential. It’s exercise until you forget to care what you look like doing it, or what you look like because of it.'

Have a great run today!!

Love this!

vany09 wrote: »

exercise.png

Never too late - welcome
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I got in a 5km training run with my 7 year old son last night, then after we got home I quickly put him to bed and went out for another 14km. He's running his first 5km this weekend. Actually, now that I think about it, it'll be my first 5k race too!

That puts me at 200km/124 miles for August with150km/93 miles to go.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    In the mean time I wanted to share a bit from an article in Runners World/Zelle that resonated with me:

That's well said. I'm posting that on my wall.

• KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    8/1 - 13.1
    8/8 - 6.02
    8/9 - 3.38
    8/10 - 1.02
    8/13 - 2.56
    8/16 - 6.67
    8/18 - 3.64
    8/19 - 4.17

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    vany09 wrote: »

exercise.png

Welcome aboard @vany09
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    didnt get out again, was a very emotionally draining day. planted a rose bush to remember/commemorate then took a 2 mile walk in search of a takeaway, 3 bites and i binned it, tasted awful

tomorrows a new day
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    3.2 km this morning for a total of 32 km this month. 18 km more to go to reach 50km for the month. Should have no trouble reaching that.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    didnt get out again, was a very emotionally draining day. planted a rose bush to remember/commemorate then took a 2 mile walk in search of a takeaway, 3 bites and i binned it, tasted awful

tomorrows a new day

@ruqayyahsumum Hang in there, you are so right, tomorrow is another day