I lost 10 pounds in a week and I'm doing every thing right..or so I thought! smh

Options

Replies

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat carbs in forms that have little fiber, for health reasons. I do eat at least two servings of fruit a day, whole grain with added bran cereal, low carb tortillas, brown rice. Beans, almonds, chia seeds, baked fish, grilled chicken, lean cuts of beef. I eat a large salad (about 50 grams of dark green leafs) bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, celery, etc. I drink 2-3 cups of skim milk, low or no fat cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt. Olive oil, vinegar and water based salad dressing.
  • Naja_
    Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    So you have no known medical conditions as of now but your doctor put you on a zero carb diet!?!? That makes no sense ,unless you have a medical condition that you didn't mention ( for the record, you don't have to give any info that makes you uncomfortable but it will help us to give you the most accurate advice if we have the full story ) if he told you to eat zero carbs for weight loss, then he also forgot to exaplain cico and that weight loss comes down to cico. Low carb can be a means to lower your calories but there is also other options . again , it comes down to calories in - calories out for weight loss.
    You can eat all the foods you love , within your calorie goal for weight loss . I eat cupcakes , candy and so on , in moderation while meeting my calorie and macro goals. If you like rice , then have rice ( as long as there is no medical conditions that warrant you to avoid the item ) , but just make sure its the correct portions.
    If you truly have no known medical conditions, then eat the foods you like , meet your calories and macros . moderation works.

The purpose of me being on MFP is to be an open book. Even if that means getting judged by 2, I'll get relevant feed back from 5. With that being said, I am honest when I say I don't know if I have any medical conditions. I did say that I got blood work done a week ago and the results will be in any day now.

I know that lying would only hurt MYSELF since you guys are trying to help ME. Lol. I wouldn't waste my time.

Speaking of rice, I have been craving Chicken Tikka Masala so I might just add that to the menu.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So you liked maccas chicken nuggets.

Why not have some chicken kebab sticks, chicken Kiev, chicken Caesar salad, chicken schnitzel.

Drink milk? Try full cream.

A banana, fruit salad and grilled chicken just isn't enough if your also killing it at the gym.
    Doesn't sound like your getting enough protein or fat.
  • Naja_
    Options

??
    Have you been reading a different thread than this one?

I think you have:
    plaffo786 wrote: »

Ditto,,,,,,support is offered don't bite the hand that feeds ,,,,, pun intended

• Naja_
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    So you liked maccas chicken nuggets.

Why not have some chicken kebab sticks, chicken Kiev, chicken Caesar salad, chicken schnitzel.

Drink milk? Try full cream.

A banana, fruit salad and grilled chicken just isn't enough if your also killing it at the gym.

Friggin yum!!

*takes notes*

• annakellett11
    annakellett11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Naja_ wrote: »
    Like your dr said eat low carbs. I eat a lot more than I ever did I just eat eggs tuna turkey meat and Vegetables. Make sure you measure your self! I have only lost 6lbs but I have lost a total of 6 inches so far and this is within a month. Keep your head up!

Yum. Turkey sounds like dinner right about now! lol.

Thank you so much.

Your welcome!!! I also love turkey tacos! They have low carb wraps you can get from the store it makes a very good meal!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Also with this being your first week of weightloss (right?) and going for zero or no carbs wouldn't a large majority of the 10 pounds just be water weight?

So next week you might only lose 3-4 pounds if your doing the same thing again.
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are making me hungry!
    I suggest cottage cheese, humus, baked sweet potatoes, guacamole, and egg salad :)
    I mostly eat what we refer to around here as "sad chicken." It's just chicken breast with ms dash! I pair that with veggies most nights.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this? A week? When I started I had a hard time filling my calories. I was kinda scared to eat. But that'll pass. Don't worry! I like to call it "Diet Adrenaline"! Once it wears off, it gets harder, don't worry. If you have a medical condition for restricting carbs, mention that in the future. You'll get more positive feedback. Doctors like to give suggestions on the "healthiest" possible diet, but life doesn't work like that. Did he have a rock hard bod and in the peak of health? I've met maybe 2 doctors who actually looked healthy, IMO. Anyway, I digress. Getting a kids meal, is EXACTLY what you can do. I used to get a big sundae or shake, now I get a kiddie cone. I would have 2nds or 3rds at dinner, now I have 1 serving. But I eat all the same foods. I'm only down 19lbs so far, but this is the BEST I've ever felt losing weight, and I've tried EVERYTHING out there. EVERY........THING!
    Many a great mind have this mantra
    Weight loss is in the kitchen, health is in the gym. Don't be bustin your butt at the gym when you can't even get 1000 calories down. You could do organ damage if it goes on long enough.
    I've lost 10lbs the first week on every diet I've tried, so that's nothing to worry about. :smiley:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • Naja_
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh wait there's the shaming. It's from you.

What I said was in response to her fat joke. I defended myself. Don't expect someone to fight fire with water. I never initiated the "drama". When the pot is calling the kettle black and made fat shaming comments towards me, I'm wondering why you are only quoting the one defending herself and not the one that initiated the situation since you felt the need to involve yourself...

Right is right and wrong is wrong... but I see you like to pick and choose.

You didn't acknowledge her comment but you saw mine. LOL. At first I thought you couldn't read nor comprehend. But then I realized you were just being passive aggressive.

Shocking.

giphy.gif

You won't derail my thread. Not on my watch. Goodbye.

bbwives-reun-evmadhairflip.gif

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

??

I think you have:

That's not a fat joke...its a funny pun.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    eat regular foods like oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, fruit and chicken for lunch, maybe a portion of fish, serving of rice and veggies for dinner. normal foods but reasonable portions of them. what kind of foods do you like to eat? I saw you mentioned salads, add more protein to them like a boiled egg, or avocado. snack on a bit of popcorn for snack or a greek yogurt and a banana. its easy to add up calories when you add enough protein to your eating :)

Omg yes popcorn and yogurt! Great suggestions for snacking around. Thank you.

Popcorn is a carb...not that it is a bad thing.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    So despite comments of fat shamming and pretentiousness, I have accomplished what I intended to obtain so far. And because of that, I feel it was worth it to share what I am going through. Thanks.

WHERE do you see this?
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    try eating some fish and grilled chicken. you can also have some carbs. I stay away from white carbs. so like white bread, white rice, pasta. i don't know know about everyone else but they do not keep me full for long and make me CRAVE chocolate.
    try brown rice, farro, quinoa, (i wasnt a fan of quinoa but i hear people love it, but i LOVE farro)

It's very easy to incorporate veggies. i like to add spinach to everything i eat. peas are also good. you can just mix it in the grains.

i don't measure/log everything i eat but i do measure my carbs and fruit so i'm not over eating. i also will measure out my meat. i have a scale that tells me the nutrition facts for the amount of food i put on it. basically you type in a code and weigh your food. like cherries or a peach, raw salmon. sometimes ill weigh something and not like that this tiny amount of food has THIS many calories to ill opt for a healthier alternative.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/perfect-portions-digital-nutrition-food-scale/1016983853

that's the scale i have.

feel free to add me :)
  • Naja_
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

??

I think you have:

That's not a fat joke...its a funny pun.

About.....

Fat people.

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Oh I use large lettuce leafs instead of bread, omg, it is really filling for me. I add like 3 to 4 leafs per side and fold them in half with either chicken or tuna and egg salad. I had it for dinner tonight.
  • Naja_
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    So despite comments of fat shamming and pretentiousness, I have accomplished what I intended to obtain so far. And because of that, I feel it was worth it to share what I am going through. Thanks.

WHERE do you see this?

Keep reading. You'll see where I quoted it.
This discussion has been closed.